{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: ROMA pizza pasta football & bar : New Restaurant  (Read 95314 times)

Offline JimNasium

• Contributor with future
Re: ROMA pizza pasta football & bar : New Restaurant
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »
Damned if I can remeber the other brand but it comes in a small yellow shaker container and has a very good flavour.
Kraft. But my Italian connection believes it's made only for non-Italians.

Offline JimNasium

• Contributor with future
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
No its like a crisp but flat and square its name in Thai is   ----   Giow-Tod , there yellow

I hope this won't spoil your appetite but I believe it's dried fish guts.

Offline Mod

• Global Moderator
  • Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
    • http://www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
:D
No its like a crisp but flat and square its name in Thai is   ----   Giow-Tod , there yellow .  thumbup

"Fried wonton" this what you talking about?

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
Yes they can be stuffed then they become a wan Tom .Also boiled . But back to topic noodle soup without these is like Spag Bol without Parmesan .
Thanks mate -:)

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »
Damned if I can remeber the other brand but it comes in a small yellow shaker container and has a very good flavour.
It's a bit like pizza company in Itany

These also are an OK cheap option , the big tub is very cheap .
Most people would be happy with these rather than nothing !
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:07:32 PM by Alanthebuilder »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
It's a bit like pizza company in Itany

These also are an OK cheap option , the big tub is very cheap .
Most people would be happy with these rather than nothing !

I think the Schreiber product was only 150 Baht lastg time I bought some  -  a "passable substitute".

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »
I think the problem is the high standard compare Pizza from Italy to the one he can make here in Thailand.
I have spoken with many of our clients that are Italians and when the conversation came to food and Italian food in Thailand they always said its not the REAL Italian food as in Italy, maybe he should learn how to compromise and realise we are in Thailand and the standards can be different from Italy.
I also think the food quality is important but in Thailand its a market of prices so if the pizza is tasty and he sell cheaper/half of what other restaurants are selling Pizza in Buriram, no matter how people will talk down about his place MOST foreigners will be happy to go there with their wife and/or the Thai family to enjoy a low cost foreigner food.
sawadi

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
Yes they can be stuffed then they become a wan Tom .Also boiled . But back to topic noodle soup without these is like Spag Bol without Parmesan .
Thanks mate -:)

Yes, the resident chef tells me it's egg noodle sheets rolled out and cut into triangles then deep fried -- very tasty

Offline finnomick

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
I think the problem is the high standard compare Pizza from Italy to the one he can make here in Thailand.
I have spoken with many of our clients that are Italians and when the conversation came to food and Italian food in Thailand they always said its not the REAL Italian food as in Italy, maybe he should learn how to compromise and realise we are in Thailand and the standards can be different from Italy.
I also think the food quality is important but in Thailand its a market of prices so if the pizza is tasty and he sell cheaper/half of what other restaurants are selling Pizza in Buriram, no matter how people will talk down about his place MOST foreigners will be happy to go there with their wife and/or the Thai family to enjoy a low cost foreigner food.
sawadi

All said and done ( hopefully ) I will definately go back to the Roma restaurant because I liked the place and I liked the food. But even more pertinent is the fact my wife liked the food. She used to be a chef at a top-knotch Hi-So shark's fin restaurant in Bangkok for several years, cooking for the celeb's and the royal family. To be honest, I cringe when we go out to eat anywhere because of her culinery experience, so if she says she likes it that's a definate thumbs-up.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
I was headed to my favorite Noddle place when I decided to verify Roma's location.  It was 10am and I was surprised that it was open.  I changed my plans and stopped to eat there. 

Tried to order a pizza but they said the oven had to warm up and would take at least 15 minutes.  So I ordered a club sandwich.  I highly recommend it, it was probably the best club sandwich I have ever had, it took me by surprise. 

And they provided a good serving of french fries, more than just the 8 fries you can get at a different place. 

Best on the qualility of the club, I have high hope for the pizza they I will be trying.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
I suppose a club sandwich doesn't require Parmesan!

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
sawadi

All said and done ( hopefully ) I will definately go back to the Roma restaurant because I liked the place and I liked the food. But even more pertinent is the fact my wife liked the food. She used to be a chef at a top-knotch Hi-So shark's fin restaurant in Bangkok for several years, cooking for the celeb's and the royal family. To be honest, I cringe when we go out to eat anywhere because of her culinery experience, so if she says she likes it that's a definate thumbs-up.

Agree Mick. Took Mrs Somnat there last week. She was very impressed with the quality of her Pit Gang Moo.

She said she would be happy to go back there again.

I had a Pizza and Pasta. No surprises as I had eaten there the week before. Delicious and great value.

Not into Parmesan, so no complaints on that front from me :) 

Offline Italiantony

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
To all you whinging and whining about the ROMA not having Parmesan cheese.

Well went there for lunch today (Sat) and they now have Parmesan cheese so everyone should be happy.

But i suppose someone will find something else to moan about eventually.

bravo1 Massimo.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »
Whinging, whining and moaning it was NOT Tony.

They were perfectly valid comments, which have resulted in this seemingly fine establishment listening to its customers and would be customers and providing the missing item!

If the Thai people would speak out more in general about their grievances, Thailand would be a far better place for all.  Too much "krengjai".

Offline Italiantony

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
Whinging, whining and moaning it was NOT Tony.

They were perfectly valid comments, which have resulted in this seemingly fine establishment listening to its customers and would be customers and providing the missing item!

If the Thai people would speak out more in general about their grievances, Thailand would be a far better place for all.  Too much "krengjai".
But that would be your OPINION Nick.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM