{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Restaurants in Prakhon Chai  (Read 13243 times)

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
Restaurants in Prakhon Chai
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
I actually got a pass last sunday so went to Prakhon Chai for some breakfast. I'd been told earlier in the week about a restaurant near the bus station but because it was small, it was easy to miss. But, it would be open on a sunday. It wasn't that hard to find, it's just opposite the police office. Very clean. Nice furniture. At first glance of the menu, I thought it marginally dearer than the other restaurants, but when the breakfast arrived the quality and amount of food on the plate justified the extra few baht. So I returned today with the misses who would sample the Thai cuisine and that got a thumbs-up too. So Panom Rung Sydney Restaurant, you've got our votes for future visits.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Restaurants in Prakhon Chai
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »
I actually got a pass last sunday so went to Prakhon Chai for some breakfast. I'd been told earlier in the week about a restaurant near the bus station but because it was small, it was easy to miss. But, it would be open on a sunday. It wasn't that hard to find, it's just opposite the police office. Very clean. Nice furniture. At first glance of the menu, I thought it marginally dearer than the other restaurants, but when the breakfast arrived the quality and amount of food on the plate justified the extra few baht. So I returned today with the misses who would sample the Thai cuisine and that got a thumbs-up too. So Panom Rung Sydney Restaurant, you've got our votes for future visits.
Coffee Corner?......

Offline finnomick

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »
errrrr....no admin. The name of the restaurant is Panom Rung - Sydney ( as mentioned in my original posting ). It's about 200 meters up the road from Coffee Corner on the same side of the road.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
I can recommend their pizzas.

Offline Seasons

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:19 PM »
Is it possible  to see a menu online forThe Corner Coffee ?

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »
Just click on Coffee Corner ad in banner on Forum, and hey presto! hungry1

TBWG  buriram_united sawadi

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:14 AM »
Apart from the menu shown on the Coffee Corner web site, the new owners now provide an extensive range of Mexican food. which has yet to be uploaded to their website,

Have tried some - excellent.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
Do they sell Steak and Sydney Pies?

Offline finnomick

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
Notwithstanding our previous ( and un-enjoyable ) visit to Coffee Corner in Prakhon Chai, seven of us went there to eat yesterday evening. Four people ate Thai food, and three of us including the misses ate ' foreign ' food. The Thai food arrived first, so they all tucked in. The misses ordered a mixed grill. When it was served, a comment was made asking us if that food was for the three of us. Errr, no, this was just for the misses. I have never seen a plate that large in Thailand before, and the sheer quantity of food amazed the two ' foreigners ' sitting at the table. Of course, the misses was licking her lips. We, the two ' foreigners ' wondered if it wasn't too late to change what we had ordered to another two mixed grills. If I remember correctly from left to right -- large sausage, bacon, steak, pork steak, liver, chicken. Up to the top of the plate, grilled tomato, onions, peas, chips and a fried egg with a schooner of gravy to drown it all. The misses nearly managed to eat it all, giving me a taster along the row. Very, very tasty is my comment. She's finding it a bit hard to waddle around this morning being somewhat ' im ' . So, in our eyes ( and stomach's ), Coffee Corner has more than redeemed itself and I'll be asking for a mixed grill next time.   

isanbirder

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
I went to Coffee Corner for the first time yesterday.  Good service, satisfactory to good food, very helpful to one of our party who has dietary problems,  decent helpings, nice surroundings.  People in Prakhonchai are lucky if they have two restaurants of that quality (and a German one which was shut yesterday).

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
I went to Coffee Corner for the first time yesterday. 

It's a pity you didn't advise in advance that you were coming to Prakhonchai. There are a few of us down here that would like to meet you.  Perhaps meet up at the Surin Farang party on 6th January.

isanbirder

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »

It's a pity you didn't advise in advance that you were coming to Prakhonchai. There are a few of us down here that would like to meet you.  Perhaps meet up at the Surin Farang party on 6th January.

I would like to meet you all too.  I'm not sure about the party on Jan 6th;  I have to go to Chiangmai and Nan  in January, and the timing, still not settled, is not within my control.  This particular visit to Prakhonchai was with a school-friend and his wife;  I hadn't seen them for 30 years or so, and, for various reasons, we only had two days together!  So you'll understand why I didn't make contact.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
Notwithstanding our previous ( and un-enjoyable ) visit to Coffee Corner in Prakhon Chai, seven of us went there to eat yesterday evening. Four people ate Thai food, and three of us including the misses ate ' foreign ' food. The Thai food arrived first, so they all tucked in. The misses ordered a mixed grill. When it was served, a comment was made asking us if that food was for the three of us. Errr, no, this was just for the misses. I have never seen a plate that large in Thailand before, and the sheer quantity of food amazed the two ' foreigners ' sitting at the table. Of course, the misses was licking her lips. We, the two ' foreigners ' wondered if it wasn't too late to change what we had ordered to another two mixed grills. If I remember correctly from left to right -- large sausage, bacon, steak, pork steak, liver, chicken. Up to the top of the plate, grilled tomato, onions, peas, chips and a fried egg with a schooner of gravy to drown it all. The misses nearly managed to eat it all, giving me a taster along the row. Very, very tasty is my comment. She's finding it a bit hard to waddle around this morning being somewhat ' im ' . So, in our eyes ( and stomach's ), Coffee Corner has more than redeemed itself and I'll be asking for a mixed grill next time.   

Mick, you may find it hard to believe but there were 2 additional meat items on the original mixed grill !!

I had to cut back when customers complained about the size of it and I realised that there was over 800 grammes of meat......

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
Proof!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »
Proof!