{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gas Hobs  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Gas Hobs
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Went looking for a new gas hob yesterday. One of the ones that sits on top of the worktop rather than the fitted kitchen type.

I must salute Home Pro here. An amazing selection at great prices. Good service,in Thai, too.

I would advise anyone looking for kitchen stuff to look in Home pro first, and probably save a lot of time.

I bought a double, black glass topped rather that metal, for 1790baht. Great.

Offline Jamaw

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Gas Hobs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »
Agreed. I just got back recently and noticed this place so just popped in...and spent a lot. No need to go to Korat for nice things anymore!

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
CoCo says there are lots of nice things in Home Pro.! ::)

Offline JanAndersLarsson

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
I agree. Home Pro has a commendable sortiment. Since we came back from my homecountry (for our first visit in 9 years very cold and unpleasant weather but otherwise very nice) middle of July we have spent a small fortune at Home Pro. I guess the Thai manufacturers have studied the products from IKEA and other European companies thoroughly and told those companies Chinese subcontractors what they want. About the quality I guess it is too early to have an opinion. But Buriram is really coming now.
I also spent some money (20000 bath) for a cataract operation at the eye clinic on Thani road. Really professional and a very good result. The doctor speeks understandable English so you don't have to go to Korat for that either.
Well, almost everything is positive just now. I will be 70 next month so hooray for me.  party6 party6

Offline Red 1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »
Home pro is good but i prefer Do Home (awesome for thailand) on the 224 right hand side just as your comming into Korat from Chok Chai, cant miss it, if u get to the tesco superstore u went to far.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Do Home is fine in the early morning on a weekday, but later in the day and at weekends, it is too congested, and the aisles are nearly all blocked with pallets of display items.

Home Pro is far more user friendly in my opinion.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
So..... problems with my new gas hob.

Salute Home Pro once again. The malfunction was, most likely, not their fault. They did,however, replace it for me with no problems. I even got offered a seat and a bottle of water while I was waiting.

Well done Home Pro.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »

Salute Home Pro once again. The malfunction was, most likely, not their fault. They did,however, replace it for me with no problems. I even got offered a seat and a bottle of water while I was waiting.

Well done Home Pro.

We bought 2 five gallon cans of primer, but the painter didn't want it as it was oil based.  Took it back to home pro, un-opened and tried to exchange for water based primer.  They agreed, but required us to buy 1000 baht + for diffence as they would not refund. 

I personally was ready to give them hell as I had paid by credit card, they can fix credit card issuses, but my TG told me to stay out of it. 

A warning, be careful, there refund policy may not be what you think. 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:58:29 AM »

Well done Home Pro.

We bought 2 five gallon cans of primer, but the painter didn't want it as it was oil based.  Took it back to home pro, un-opened and tried to exchange for water based primer.  They agreed, but required us to buy 1000 baht + for diffence as they would not refund. 

I personally was ready to give them hell as I had paid by credit card, they can fix credit card issuses, but my TG told me to stay out of it. 

A warning, be careful, there refund policy may not be what you think. 

I had an electric water heater that I wasn't happy with it because the water weren't hot enough, it was some model of 'Panasonic' with digital screen, I went there few days after installation, thought they might want to check it or replace it because it was less than 14 days, wrong. No way they would accept the machine. I had to sell it as second hand on the internet and buy another one.
*We bought a simple 'Sharp' electric water heater that is still working very good until now. :)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »
There is a refund and exchange policy, in Thai and English, posted around the store, that refers to faulty goods.

Maybe a different set of rules, because your items were not faulty.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 04:56:08 PM »
There is a refund and exchange policy, in Thai and English, posted around the store, that refers to faulty goods.

Maybe a different set of rules, because your items were not faulty.
Faulty or not, less than 14 days need to accept the item.
There is something that being called 'customer service' , I was very not happy, the unit was bought from them after spending big amount for months.. change 1 unit was the minimum a shop could do to keep a good customer happy. sawadi

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
Why would they want to change an unfaulty machine that has been used? Would you?

I wonder if you could go and but a new Toyota Vigo, drive it around for 13 days, and then take it back
and ask for a refund?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »
Why would they want to change an unfaulty machine that has been used? Would you?

I wonder if you could go and but a new Toyota Vigo, drive it around for 13 days, and then take it back
and ask for a refund?

If under these circumstances a refund were possible, why bother with a Vigo? I'd go for a top of the range Benz!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
"Nail on the head" as they say.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

and ask for a refund?
It was faulty. warm water is not hot water. They just refused to accept this fact.......... smilenod

To answer your question, if I was a shop owner and a client spent almost 200-300K in my shop and he was claiming on a machine cost 3000 Baht, YES. I would accept it and deal with the agent of this product company later.
Yes, I would accept the loses because customer service and mantaining my business name as reliable and trustable is important for me.
Is it a surprise?! scatter sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM