{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Greetings everyone, just introducing myself to all the members  (Read 14028 times)

Offline bigjules

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Hi all, my name is Jules and im planning on moving out to Buri Ram in the next year or so, i am adept at the art of charcuterie and was wondering if it would be a viable idea to start a western style Deli in Buri Ram where i would be making and selling all kinds of cured meats including hams, pastramis, dry cured bacon, sausages, salamis as well as fresh bread and aged beef etc, just wondering if this is something any of you guys would be interested in, i lived in Thailand for around 7 years between 2003 and 2010 and found it very hard to get any good western produce so i started making my own including pies,pasties, lasagne, cured meats etc which went down very well with all the locals in my area as well as all the local bars who bought the produce, just wondering if i would have enough custom in Buri Ram to make it viable. (i dont have to make a fortune, just really want something to do to pass the time in the beautiful LOS.

Your thoughts please

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
Re: Greetings everyone, just introducing myself to all the members
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Welcome bigjules or should it be BJ (always welcome)

The produce you are planning to offer sounds mouth wateringly nice although you will have some stiff competition from Steve at Star Food, see "Western Food in Buriram".

I wish you good luck in your venture.

Offline bigjules

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply, yes ive just looked at Steves stuff, looks great but im looking at making some more unusual products and would concentrate more on the cured meats and fresh breads, anyway a little competition never hurt anyone and perhaps we could work together, who knows.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
Buriram Co-operative Society  -  now there is a thought.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »
Welcome.  But recommend you look more outward.  I was looking for some Kraft Dill Pickles around Buriram, could not find them. 

I would really like to find one place to get hamburger patties, buns, and pickles.  I think I have found some OK buns, but the Hamburger and pickles are hard to get. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Welcome.  But recommend you look more outward.  I was looking for some Kraft Dill Pickles around Buriram, could not find them. 

I would really like to find one place to get hamburger patties, buns, and pickles.  I think I have found some OK buns, but the Hamburger and pickles are hard to get.

Hamburgers you can get at Makro.  I think they are made by Asia West but not (in my opinion) the best quality.

At Coffee Corner we ordered burgers (150g and 200g) from Western Wholesale Meats who will send on the bus.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
Cured meats ~~~ fresh bread,  sounds great to me, now all I need is Branston pickle

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 09:43:50 PM »

Hamburgers you can get at Makro.  I think they are made by Asia West but not (in my opinion) the best quality.

At Coffee Corner we ordered burgers (150g and 200g) from Western Wholesale Meats who will send on the bus.

I bought the hamburgers a Makro, they did not fit my requirements (Tasted like shit).  So I will continue to search for a way to have burgers at home. 

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
Urleft

I would like to know how you know what sh*t tastes like!

Offline Herbergier

• Contributor with future
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
I hope you sale Europe food and not only English or American food, Starfood have also only most English food, i don't like pies, bones, fish and chips and pickles, but fresh Europe bread, Dutch cheese, Remia mayonaise, Calve pinda kaas, Venco drop, meatballs, kroketten and frikandellen, are very welcome.

Offline bigjules

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 12:50:18 AM »
I was looking at supplying more of a gourmet product but keeping it affordable at the same time, ie gourmet burgers, italian sausage, salamis, mortadella, pancetta, bratwurst, and a range of fresh breads, home made pickles etc. When I was living in Thailand it was virtually impossible to source real good bread unless you went to Laos that is, it might of changed now, but I think not, so I still think good bread and some deli meats and good quality cheeses would be a good idea.

Offline bigjules

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 12:52:24 AM »
Cured meats ~~~ fresh bread,  sounds great to me, now all I need is Branston pickle

How about some home made piccalilli

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 04:03:20 AM »

Steve make a very nice picalilli. sawadi

Online Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 06:31:29 AM »

Steve make a very nice picalilli. sawadi

Indeed he does. Highly recommended. Branston pickle is available in Pattaya TBWG.

Big Jules selection of gourmet food sounds excellent and I think would be well received.

Online Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 06:39:19 AM »
If you re-read Big Jules opening post, it appears that all this lovely gourmet food will be unavailable for at least a year or maybe 2.  C'mon Jules, get a move on, -  you've whetted our appetites.  hungry1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick