{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 2009 Grand Prix season Kicks orf!!  (Read 8497 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
2009 Grand Prix season Kicks orf!!
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
Hi Bums

Well that's the first days practice over for the Oz GP ... pleased to see Nico quickest in both sessions! Although with Williams , Brawn and Toyota up the front this can only exacerbate (cor that's a big word) the protest's to Spanker Max!

Well I for 1 look forward to seeing some different cars at the front for a change and a maiden win by BrawnGP would be a bonus! I can see Ferrari & McLaren and perhaps Renault loosing a few front wings as they make a few rash moves to the front which they feel is where they should be by right.

Roll on Qualy and the race!

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: 2009 Grand Prix season Kicks orf!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

Hi Bums

A month ago they were almost history, now BrawnGP nee Honda have locked out the front row of the Oz grid, Vettel & Kubica 2nd row followed by Rosberg & Glock!  Where are the big boys I hear you ask character4

Well Massa 7th Kimi 9th Sulky Fernando 12th and Lewis 15th.

Makes for an interesting race, my money is on Piquet 17th being first to lose front wing! confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:50:20 PM »

Hi

Lewis now starts 20th after a gearbox change confused2

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

Hi Bums

Well the GP has not even started and Lewis is up 2 places already!!

Toyota times void due to excessive flexing in rear wing! so back of the grid they go!!

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:31:54 PM »
Keep it coming please. You're not posting for nothing - I'm reading it because I don't have the facilities to watch it and it saves me having to log onto some over worked slow web site. The Readers' Digest version of GP2009  cool2

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 04:15:15 PM »
Hi Lourens

Well it was a BrawnGP one two (Button win.) Rubens was in fact 4th when Vettel & Kubica who had been dicing most of the race collided 3 laps from end in a do or die move by the pole!

This brought out the safety car and Trulli had an off and overtook Hamilton for 3rd but under saftey car conditions so Hamilton may yet end up third!

Ferraris Nowhere both retired

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »
That's one for the books. A maiden win for a "new" team. And well deserved for Button. He's been bubbling under that podium for long enough. Thanks mate, I look forward to the next one.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

Hamilton stripped of 3rd place confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
Hi

Hi Bums

Well Button flies again in Turkey ... getting a bit repetitive but as a Brit I can live with it.  :)

Did anybody see the BBC coverage? Now I am all for attractive totty in the pits but lets have some with more than 1 brain cell! Along comes one of Flavio's ex squeezes and when asked by Brundle was she supporting Button she clearly had no idea who he was talking about and said twice that she was supporting England!  confused3

Think she thought she was at a footie match!

TBWG  sawadi

On another point I hope Lewis is feeling a bit more humble after his "monkey's at the back" quip of last year!

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 07:15:31 PM »
Hi Bums

OK all done & Dusted ~~~~

F1 resolution found, says Mosley

Mosley will now step down as FIA president as planned in October later this year

An agreement has been reached between Formula 1's governing body and the teams to prevent a breakaway series, says FIA president Max Mosley.

The two parties had been engulfed in a bitter row over planned budgetary and technical changes for the 2010 season.

But it appears a resolution has now been found and, as part of the deal, Mosley has agreed not to stand for re-election as president.

"There will be no split. We have agreed to a reduction of costs," added Mosley.

"There will be one F1 championship but the objective is to get back to the spending levels of the early 90s within two years."

Ahead of the meeting, Mosley had insisted that he would not step down as part of any potential agreement and might even seek re-election as head of world motor sport.

He hit out at what he described as "wholly unjustified criticism" of the FIA, adding: "It is for the FIA membership, and the FIA membership alone, to decide on its democratically elected leadership, not the motor industry and still less the individuals the industry employs to run its Formula 1 teams."

However, it appears Mosley has now agreed to move aside when his fourth term as FIA president ends in October, while writs that had been threatened against Ferrari and the other teams in the Formula 1 Teams Association (Fota) - McLaren, BMW Sauber, Renault, Toyota, Red Bull Racing, Toro Rosso and Brawn GP - are likely to be shelved.

"It's come as a bit of a surprise, given that Fota were planning to meet in Bologna on Thursday to discuss their plans for the breakaway championship," reported BBC sports news correspondent James Munro from Paris.

"But what we got today after a meeting of World Motorsport Council was an impromptu press conference and Mosley began by saying there will be no split, there will be one championship.

"He said that over the course of the negotiations he had been able to secure guarantees from the teams who were threatening to get away that they would try to reign back the levels of their spending to the levels they were spending in the early 90s.

"It was him that had come up with the idea that next season all teams would have a budget cap of about £40m, but there has clearly been a trade-off as he has also agreed to do what he says was always the plan - stand down as president of the FIA this October."

Right now some racing please....................TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 11:11:33 PM »

Hi Bum F1 fans confused4

What you have all been waiting for ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FIA   Confirmed 2010 teams

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
BMW Sauber F1 Team