{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 'The Swan' (New bar up from paddys)  (Read 41905 times)

Offline stunner

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
'The Swan' (New bar up from paddys)
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:08 AM »
Any news or vibes on the place.

Offline stunner

Re: 'The Swan' (New bar up from paddys)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
Just wondered if food is available maybe the owner can answer.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »
Is it a Farang bar ?

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »
Is it a Farang bar ?
Any information about this new place?!

Offline trevor1

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:30 AM »
the owners name is mel from the uk. wifes name wan. nice and pleasant people not nosey. place is small but very clean beer is cheap. will be doing food but still in the organising stages as he wants everything to be just right first. he will be calling it the swan and the sign will be mounted on a bike taxi outside on the road. hes allready taking some grief from some of the neighbour's bar customers which i think is pretty childish of them.give the guy a chance eh.good luck to him.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:29:08 AM by Admin »

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:22 AM »
Well lets hope he does ok ,there always room for more pubs ,the best drinking areas always have a group of bars . In Surin by the bus station there is -Sports bar \farang-connection\ Oasis pub \Green Mango ,all of these bars are within a one Minuit walk of each other ,and it works great !

Offline stunner

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »
I went in there today for a beer all OK,I normally eat and drink in paddys but he sent me a message yesterday to me and lets just say I will be changing my watering hole.People have the right to put across there views without been rude.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
I went in there today for a beer all OK,I normally eat and drink in paddys but he sent me a message yesterday to me and lets just say I will be changing my watering hole.People have the right to put across there views without been rude.

I am sure that you will be missed 555
I have been in The Swan and yes its ok Mel is a decent bloke and the more bars in Buriram the better.
Therebis enough room for more bars so prehaps STUNNER would care to open one up?

Offline stunner

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
Well any business does not want to lose any customers Roger and I don't want to open any business here and not a bar as I already work and earn good money.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
What do you do stunner ?

Offline stunner

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
To honest i don't need to give that info out on these kind of forums but I work 3 months on and 1 month of which is nice.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
Up to you as they say

Offline Jon Terry

• if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
The more bars in an area the better for business is a cert for sure ( within reason )
It's the same with all retail business, in the UK my wife runs an Thai street food stall and if we are the only food traders in a farmers market or street trading area/festival we never do well, but if there are several or more food traders, people come just to eat and the trade shared around is better than being the sole food seller, although many other stalls don't see past the competition and get the hump thinking they are losing trade to others, but the proof is always in the takings at the end of the day.
 I suppose it depends on the characters running these bars, some will see others as a threat some will see it as attracting more people  to the area wanting to eat drink and chill. It is up to the owners to make people feel comfortable at their joint  rather than having the hump if someone has the audacity to drink at somebody else's bar.
If people stop using your bar make it better, thats what I reckon, it's what we do in the UK and we are doing quite well , we don't slag off others having a go or some that sell more , we look at what they are doing to try and improve our own business, free world free trade. Or is there a ex-pat Mafia now?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:07:37 PM by Jon Terry »

Offline stunner

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Interesting points and wise words but some may not like your views but they will get over it.

Offline Jon Terry

• if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »
Never mind Stunner, most guys on this Forum know I speak from the heart sometimes good sometimes I vent my spline and normally I get good advice from them, but if they don't like my views they can tell me why they think my views are wrong, I am a good listener and maybe their points  might be beneficial to my wives enterprise here in the UK, but our experience so far has shown that competition is good for our business as long as it is not a carbon copy of our stall pitched right next to us, variety is the key, see what others are doing and put a twist on it, then the customers can move around depending on their mood and appetite.
 If you give them a hard time for spending money elsewhere it will just make it harder for them to spend it at your establishment, I always buy from other traders at festivals/markets we trade at as I get sick of eating Thai food every meal, and the others produce great food from all over the globe, this has also created great friendships and business contacts . And cuts the wheat from the chaff.
Anyway I believe that maybe all the farang bars should stick together and leave the gossip and back stabbing to the females, why don't you guys arrange a monthly Pub crawl and get loads of customers in all the bars. THE PUB O'CLOCK TOUR.
Or otherwise your going to find a territorial pub thing going on like back here. Not good !!! 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick