{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Wife catches Cobra in her house!  (Read 18858 times)

Offline Kodan

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Wife catches Cobra in her house!
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:29:16 AM »
Everyone loves a good looking Thai woman that has 'snake wrangling' in her resume'.  cool1  She's getting ready for bed and sees something move under one of the 'tewpaas'. Further investigation determins its a small cobra (little over 1/2 meter) caught in one of those sticky glue traps.
   She removes the snake and trap to place it outside by the road where it is left overnight to be killed the next morning by someone else. In keeping with Buddhist tradition couldnt kill it in her house for fear of 'bad ghost following you around'..... Ahhhh Issan.  I informed her that when I am there in 2 weeks if I find a poisonous snake in the house ...its gonna die. told her I already have bad spirits following me around ...any new ones can kiss my ass then straight to the back of the line.
   I'll take a few bad spririts over a dead wife or daughter whether she likes it or not! sawadi

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Wife catches Cobra in her house!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »
Totally agree with you Kodan.  bravo1

In my years in Thailand I have "dealt" with more than 250 snakes.   chairhit   With kids around, you cannot take chances.

What incidentally is a "tewpaas"?

Offline Kodan

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:30:14 AM »
"Tewpaa"... I probably really screwed up the spelling but its those stand alone closets that EVERY thai house has. You know the typical thai house 4 tewpaas ... NO chairs  nowinkbar

Offline celticman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:41:58 AM »
Everyone loves a good looking Thai woman that has 'snake wrangling' in her resume'.  cool1  She's getting ready for bed and sees something move under one of the 'tewpaas'. Further investigation determins its a small cobra (little over 1/2 meter) caught in one of those sticky glue traps.
   She removes the snake and trap to place it outside by the road where it is left overnight to be killed the next morning by someone else. In keeping with Buddhist tradition couldnt kill it in her house for fear of 'bad ghost following you around'..... Ahhhh Issan.  I informed her that when I am there in 2 weeks if I find a poisonous snake in the house ...its gonna die. told her I already have bad spirits following me around ...any new ones can kiss my ass then straight to the back of the line.
   I'll take a few bad spririts over a dead wife or daughter whether she likes it or not! sawadi
I can understand your concern over the snake being around your family,but that does not give you right to the kill it,their are plenty of people around that would be more than willing to help you remove the snake,remember we all have the right to live.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
Your sentiments are appreciated Celticman  BUT when there are young kids around, and no help is readily available there really is no other alternative.

Snakes can kill!

Welcome to the forum!

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:51 AM »
I can understand your concern over the snake being around your family,but that does not give you right to the kill it,their are plenty of people around that would be more than willing to help you remove the snake,remember we all have the right to live.

As nice as that sentiment is, I would not jeopardise my family whilst we phoned dial-a-snake-adviceline.

That goes for anything that would threaten my families well-being - I am not victimising snakes.

Offline Kodan

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 07:33:23 AM »
If I am in the jungle and unknowingly violate a poisonous snakes personal space it will inflict a venomous bite which will kill me in its defense of home and family. I am simply allowing equality in my defense of home and family. Before you start with the 'snake doesnt have the ability to reason as we humans do' ....it was you that equated reptiles and humans with the 'we all have a right to live' statment.

This being said .. I do agree with you about needless killing of anything. We all have a right to live unless you endanger my family. Then...you life expectancy is significantly diminished reptile or not.

Oh and ... Welcome to the Forum party4
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:40:07 AM by Kodan »

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »

As nice as that sentiment is, I would not jeopardise my family whilst we phoned dial-a-snake-adviceline.

That goes for anything that would threaten my families well-being - I am not victimising snakes.

I would have someone come and catch it then kill it and then find a taxidermist and then put it on show in a glass case.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
CoCo says Nookie would probably kill it, cook it and serve it up on Sunday as snake and pea soup to be washed down with Chang Export!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:32:12 AM »
CoCo says Nookie would probably kill it, cook it and serve it up on Sunday as snake and pea soup to be washed down with Chang Export!
I agree 100% with CoCo

Offline Kodan

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
When is dinner? bananadance

Offline Really?

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Had many snakes in my house. Wife usually calls someone over to catch it. They then take it home and eat it.

Have to agree that anything that is a danger to the family has to be removed. If it has to be killed then OK. If it is killed and then eaten even better.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:28 AM »
The Junglebunny sleeps next to a large 'one eyed python' every night.....I hope she doesnt decide to kill it!! swordfight
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:55:11 AM by nookiebear »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 09:04:57 AM »
Be careful Nookie someone else doesn't!!

Offline Kodan

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
Told the wife she can check the bed for 'snakes' when I get there redman

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy