{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: AFC Cup  (Read 5705 times)

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
AFC Cup
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »
Where to start,The calls for foriegn referees needs to be looked at as this Korean ref was no better than most of the current crop we have in Thailand some of his decisions left me amazed.
In the first half when Muang Thongs no 7 went over the top with what we call in the UK as a leg breaker RED CARD and he never even got a yellow in the second half the same player caused the touchline mayhem with what was in my opion another straight RED but he got away with a yellow.The Kuwait coach was sent to the stands for entering the field of play to protest and rightly so.
At this ref could could not get his yellow card out quick enough mostly for Kuwait players and rightly so not sure how many he booked but I will think that both teams will be facing fines from the AFC in the near future.
He awarded a penalty to Muang Thong when Fowler went over but changed his mind after he consulted his linesman,with the help of slow motion reply you can see that Folwer committed the first fowl.
I wanted both Thai sides to progress for two reasons 1/More games/travel for them and 2/Be good for Thai league.
 burirampea 

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: AFC Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Agreed burirampea burirampea

Offline wolfman

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »
I actually thought this ref was better than the Japanese ref you liked in the Chonburi 1st leg. I liked the way he was strict on time-wasting. Having watched a bit of K-League, I don't have a high opinion of the refs there, and it's interesting to note they usually use 'guest' referees for their League Final - hardly a vote of confidence.

I agree that simply bringing in foreign refs here wouldn't solve Thai football's problems. I'd be more in favour of bringing in referees to work matches in tandem with Thai refs, or sending Thai refs abroad to do the same. This could be applied across Asia, and could have the benefit of more consistent standards/rulings in continental competitions.

In the short term, training programmes, fitness and performance reviews, plus stronger, stricter & more consistent support for the referees from the FAT would help domestically.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
Agreed burirampea burirampea

MTU were dismissed from the AFC Cup on Tuesday night in front of more than 12,000 raucous supporters.

First off, the South Korean referees, for much of the match, seemed to favor Muangthong United. MTU got away with numerous tackles which probably should have been yellow cards, and Kuwait SC were treated with little leniency. One such non-call saw the Kuwait SC bench cleared and numerous players and staff heatedly arguing on the field. This lead to the expulsion of KSC’s head coach.

Regardless, the head referee was tough on time wasting, showing cards for taking too long on free kicks, and dissent. I can appreciate that.

Kuwait SC were fast and athletic, and regularly out-paced Muangthong United. They boasted tighter passing and better movement. Kuwait bunkered down and waited for a slip-up to  spring a counter attack. A handful of times Kawin came up with huge saves that kept the Qilins in the game.

Muangthong was allowed possession, but Kuwait SC cut down their movement drastically. The Red & Black were pushed out to the wings or held up at mid-field, and time and again they tried lobbed balls over the top or crosses in from the sides. These became less enthusiastic and creative as the game wore on.

Muangthong had a number of chances, hitting the crossbar about 7 minutes into the match. Christian was played through for a 1 on 1 with the Kuwait SC keeper halfway through the first half, but he mishit the ball, which spun wide left of the goal.

Robbie Fowler seemed to have earned a penalty in second half stoppage time with the head referee pointing to the spot, but the linesman eventually ruled him offside

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »
I actually thought this ref was better than the Japanese ref you liked in the Chonburi 1st leg. I liked the way he was strict on time-wasting. Having watched a bit of K-League, I don't have a high opinion of the refs there, and it's interesting to note they usually use 'guest' referees for their League Final - hardly a vote of confidence.

I agree that simply bringing in foreign refs here wouldn't solve Thai football's problems. I'd be more in favour of bringing in referees to work matches in tandem with Thai refs, or sending Thai refs abroad to do the same. This could be applied across Asia, and could have the benefit of more consistent standards/rulings in continental competitions.

In the short term, training programmes, fitness and performance reviews, plus stronger, stricter & more consistent support for the referees from the FAT would help domestically.

The Thai referees that wear the FIFA are supposed to be able to carry out the duties of a referee in the SAME way that those who earn the right to wear a FIFA BADGE these guys are all class 1 referees who have various training programs which they are supposed to pass.
I have done a bit of this in the UK and only got from level 9 up to level 5

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM