{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Auto Insurance  (Read 4335 times)

Offline rocco

Auto Insurance
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:10 AM »

Hope this is the right forum.  Questions I have are: We have insurance in Buriram for a 1 1/2 year old Izusu 4 door 2,5 liter pick up at 20,000 baht/year.  This probably is a little high but one of my brother in laws (the smart one I was told) had a minor fender bender a year ago and even though the accident was not his fault, he agreed to pay for the accident.  That's why the insurance is high.  So the year is up and I was told we would get a 3,000B discount if the driving record was clean for a year.  Insurance is with Viraya (sp) in Buriram.  Anyone know of other insurance companies "located in Buriram".  I'm looking for another insurance company and wanted to do a little research before I get there in the beging of January.  Anyone like their insurance they have and like better?  It just gives me an option to look at.

Also, we have a trailor that I only want to insure for 3 months, but Viraya said they will only do this for a 6 month period.  Anyone had experience with this?

Lastly, we had a second pickup truck that we sold 7 months into the insurance contract.  I was expecting to get a prorated amount back.  For a 19,000B policy, we only got 6,000B back.  I figured we should have gotten about 8,000 baht.  It,s not a big difference, just testing the integrity of the insurance company office.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Auto Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Hope this is the right forum.  Questions I have are: We have insurance in Buriram for a 1 1/2 year old Izusu 4 door 2,5 liter pick up at 20,000 baht/year.  This probably is a little high but one of my brother in laws (the smart one I was told) had a minor fender bender a year ago and even though the accident was not his fault, he agreed to pay for the accident.  That's why the insurance is high.  So the year is up and I was told we would get a 3,000B discount if the driving record was clean for a year.  Insurance is with Viraya (sp) in Buriram.  Anyone know of other insurance companies "located in Buriram".  I'm looking for another insurance company and wanted to do a little research before I get there in the beging of January.  Anyone like their insurance they have and like better?  It just gives me an option to look at.

Also, we have a trailor that I only want to insure for 3 months, but Viraya said they will only do this for a 6 month period.  Anyone had experience with this?

Lastly, we had a second pickup truck that we sold 7 months into the insurance contract.  I was expecting to get a prorated amount back.  For a 19,000B policy, we only got 6,000B back.  I figured we should have gotten about 8,000 baht.  It,s not a big difference, just testing the integrity of the insurance company office.
You really can't get quotations for insurance from forum members only insurance companies can look at the vehicle details and give you a real quotation.
I suggest you try with other insurance companies, get quotations and compare the terms of policy and not only the price differences.

Insurance companies:
http://www.buriramexpats.com/health/insurance-companies-thailand/

Refund of Insurance policy paid in case of cancellation/sale of the car.
*Read the terms/conditions (usually behind your policy).
sawadi

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
When cancelling an insurance contract mid-term the insurance Company apply what they call short term rates.  You will never receive a pro-rata refund.

Offline rocco

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
OK, good advice, will have someone look at the small print and thanks for the link.  Not really looking for BM to give quote, at least that was not the intent, just to get an idea if this company was in the ball park or if others had better deals for first class insurance.  Thanks again for your reply.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick