{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Hello, Bamboo Jake Here  (Read 4813 times)

Offline BambooJake

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Hello, Bamboo Jake Here
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »
Hello there or should I say Sawadee... I just hop on this site every once in while to see how things are going in Buriram. I was married to a B'ram local last year and we've been living in the Pacific NW. However, we'll be heading back fairly soon for the winter. I'm a bit younger (28) and starting out young with the whole Thai-living expat way of life (Hard to Beat). I've been traveling to TH for the last 6 years. I was in the military as well so I've been out there and seen what goes on in this world. Anyhow, I'm getting my BA's degree and then I plan to teach and settle in the B'ram area. My wife's a pharmacist and we'll probably set up a small business in town. So I plan to network and make friends with more of you Buriramsters within the next couple of years. I like the site and will add more to the community once I get settled. Thanks!

Bamboo Jake

Offline garytaffy

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Hello, Bamboo Jake Here
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bamboo Jake

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »
Hi Jake,  crazydance
Great seeing you here in the Forum, you will find lots of friends and useful information so please explore the forum using the 'search' option and post any question you like.
 thumbup

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
Hey Jake,

Any honorably servered military guy is welcomed by me, and I would frequent their wife's business as my age takes its toll. 

Glad to have you. 

Offline Jamaw

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
Congrats and welcome BambooJ. I don't want to burst your bubble but you are a comparatively young man, most on here are either retired or near it. I'm 56 next month and work abroad a lot. There isn't really the income to sustain, perhaps, your expectations as a younger man, certainly not mine! I'd rather work in Thailand than all the travel and I've had offers but the income is pittiful or well below what I'm used to!

Hope it works out as we need young blood  bravo1

Offline BambooJake

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I look forward to our trip back to TH. My wife and I will spend a couple weeks in B'ram to visit with the fam and unwind from a productive year here in the PNW (Seattle, WA area). I'll have to stop in and have a beer with you more experienced folks. I know I'm fairly young, but I look forward to living a more simple way of life. I'll be studying the Thai language as well as it's apart of my Teaching program. My university has a rigorous TESOL program that will train me well for a teaching job down the road. My wife is a pharmacist that graduated from Khon Kean Uni. a few years ago. So we'll probably get small business going within the next two years. I know there aren't a whole lot of us in Buriram (which is a good thing in my opinion) but I hope to contribute to the community in some way or another. I'm really into sustainable agro/enviro systems. I'd like to bring more sustainable ways of living to the area through workshops and what not. I know Thai's tho and it's hard to get them to think differently. So even if I just build my own little project I'll be satisfied, since it's difficult to get anything going here in the states or atleast pay for it as most of you know already. So if there's anyone out there in building more self sufficient projects, feel free to hit me up. I've worked a lot up in Chiang Mai over the few years where there are a few communities really starting to implement these types of conscious systems. Well, Sept. 20th I fly in. Hopefully shit doesn't hit the fan by then... loco

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick