{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Speed Camera? Registration licence plate will be hold until you pay!  (Read 11363 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
A story:

If a Speed Camera caught you and even if you haven't got any letter from the traffic police saying you need to pay a fine or anything like this....the time of renewing your car Registration licence plate has arrived and you want to get it done and get the windscreen sticker for your car.
Registration licence plate will be hold until you pay!
Transportation office will hold the process until you talk with the traffic police division who caught you speeding to sort the payment out and only later on you will get a letter from them confirming the payment and clearing the unpaid fee.
Once you get the letter, you go back to Transportation office and pay for your registration licence plate and get it on spot. :)

In my case, I talked to the Korat that I will pay them by post office and save the trip to there (1000 Baht).
In the meantime, whenever traffic police on the roads are stopping you and pointing out your registration licence plate is invalid you show them cars documents and the receipt and they will let you pass.
sawadi

Drive safety. drivinggear

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Speed Camera? Registration licence plate will be hold until you pay!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »
Thats interesting news,so in effect you could past a speed camera at speed & could go for a whole year without knowing a thing about it!!

Offline Really?

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »
There is already a system where any outstanding fines on a vehicle prevent you from being able to tax it.

What is the usual way around this? Don't tax the vehicle, especially motorbikes. I know many people who have not taxed their motorbike for years. Never been caught.

That is the problem with Thailand's economy as a whole. Very bad tax collection practices.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
There is already a system where any outstanding fines on a vehicle prevent you from being able to tax it.

What is the usual way around this? Don't tax the vehicle, especially motorbikes. I know many people who have not taxed their motorbike for years. Never been caught.

That is the problem with Thailand's economy as a whole. Very bad tax collection practices.
It is illegal to drive the car without paying tax/registration so all the 'way around it' is IRRELEVANT. sawadi

Offline Really?

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »

It is illegal to drive the car without paying tax/registration so all the 'way around it' is IRRELEVANT. sawadi

The point I am making is that non payment of tax on a vehicle is very rarely checked.

You don't get fined for doing something illegal. You get fined for getting caught.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:46:27 PM by Really? »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »

The point I am making is that non payment of tax on a vehicle is very rarely checked.

You don't get fined for doing something illegal. You get arrested for getting caught.
Tax on a vehicle is very rarely checked?! You are so wrong.. It is very often checked and one of the first things officer stopping you for a regular check on the road will look for it.
You do get fined for doing something illegal. sawadi

Offline Really?

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
There must be over 10 people in my village who constantly drive their vehicles with no tax.

They are doing something illegal. They have never been checked and therefore have never been caught. No fine.

jones the rice

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
There must be over 10 people in my village who constantly drive their vehicles with no tax.

They are doing something illegal. They have never been checked and therefore have never been caught. No fine.
never been checked because they never leave the village,you don't see many police checking the tax out in the village,but you do in town quite often.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »
Many vehicles & M/c's not taxed around Sakut,,,,they can drive into Nong Ki (never any checks this side of town)but not into Nang Rong as there are regular checks along that stretch of the 24

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »
I regularly travel the 304/331 route down to Pattaya ,nowadays nearly always 3 or 4 stops to check seat belts,tax & driving licence.Even more during the hours of darkness.

jones the rice

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
I regularly travel the 304/331 route down to Pattaya ,nowadays nearly always 3 or 4 stops to check seat belts,tax & driving licence.Even more during the hours of darkness.
if we are all legal on the road as i am sure we all are,then we have nothing to worry about,the more checks there are the better it is for us all.
safe driving in thailand.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
if we are all legal on the road as i am sure we all are,then we have nothing to worry about,the more checks there are the better it is for us all.
Jonesy,you are a born comedian.....'Safe Driving in Thailand' redman redman punk punk thumbup thumbup

jones the rice

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
Jonesy,you are a born comedian.....'Safe Driving in Thailand' redman redman punk punk thumbup thumbup
am i really

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM