{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Snakes in Thailand.  (Read 22164 times)

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/

Offline Beer Leo

Offline JAI P.E.A.

• Contributor with future
Re: Snakes in Thailand.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »
 burirampea

Offline JAI P.E.A.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
Thank's Beer Leo,  I like this article, very interesting as my PHOBIA is SNAKE'S.
A couple of month's back I was sitting with a friend outside her shop, I was having a bit of fun ( PLAYING FOOTSIE WITH HER and HER WITH ME ) after about 30 minutes I happened to look down and there slipping over my foot was this SNAKE ! about a metre long and as thick as my wrist, I jumped up an run , she SCREAMED ! and jumped up on the table  and ( REMINDED ME , YOU ARE SUCH A HERO SAVING ME, RUNNING AWAY ).

This SNAKE I know now to be a PYTHON but at that time how was I to know that SNAKE was not POISONOUS !?. 

I like the few tip's the EXPERT'S give you,

1. STAY CALM !?, I've just been bitten by a SNAKE ( SNAKES ARE POISONOUS ! I'M GOING TO DIE !!? )

2. DON'T TRY TO CATCH THE SNAKE !? , as a tourist you will maybe have your DIGITAL CAMERA with you or my MOBILE PHONE has a CAMERA ? ( I'm not a TOURIST I LIVE HERE , MY DIGITAL CAMERA IS IN THE HOUSE THE BATTERIE'S FLAT and MY MOBILE PHONE is very old NO CAMERA ? ) .

3. DON'T TRY TO SUCK THE VENOM OUT YOURSELF !? ( I WON'T, I WILL LIE FLAT ON MY BACK and ASK MY FRIEND, THE GIRL I WAS PLAYING FOOTSIE WITH TO SUCK IT OUT FOR ME !!! ? ).

Thank you once again BEER LEO 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:23:41 AM by Admin »

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
Hope your missus isn't a member     knuppel2

den Buut

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »
It's actually a very good informative post, thanks B_L.

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
Thank's Beer Leo,  I like this article, very interesting as my PHOBIA is SNAKE'S.
A couple of month's back I was sitting with a friend outside her shop, I was having a bit of fun ( PLAYING FOOTSIE WITH HER and HER WITH ME ) after about 30 minutes I happened to look down and there slipping over my foot was this SNAKE ! about a metre long and as thick as my wrist, I jumped up an run , she SCREAMED ! and jumped up on the table  and ( REMINDED ME , YOU ARE SUCH A HERO SAVING ME, RUNNING AWAY ).

This SNAKE I know now to be a PYTHON but at that time how was I to know that SNAKE was not POISONOUS !?. 

1. STAY CALM !?, I've just been bitten by a SNAKE ( SNAKES ARE POISONOUS ! I'M GOING TO DIE !!? )

2. DON'T TRY TO CATCH THE SNAKE !? , as a tourist you will maybe have your DIGITAL CAMERA with you or my MOBILE PHONE has a CAMERA ? ( I'm not a TOURIST I LIVE HERE , MY DIGITAL CAMERA IS IN THE HOUSE THE BATTERIE'S FLAT and MY MOBILE PHONE is very old NO CAMERA ? ) .

3. DON'T TRY TO SUCK THE VENOM OUT YOURSELF !? ( I WON'T, I WILL LIE FLAT ON MY BACK and ASK MY FRIEND, THE GIRL I WAS PLAYING FOOTSIE WITH TO SUCK IT OUT FOR ME !!! ? ).

It depends where you were bitten

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »
Hope your missus isn't a member     knuppel2

jumping8 love3 jumping8

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »

As long as we survive to the next P.E.A match  burirampea

Offline Puba

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »

LoooL, For that I wouldn't screams for help  :biggrin:

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »
Turn up sound on loud speakers

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:28:50 PM by Admin »

Offline Puba

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
Turn up sound on loud speakers

Hahahaha, you are funny.  mhihi mhihi mhihi

Offline areeya

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »
 vampv
About snakes. Yes, I really hate snakes...and I have killed a lots of them in my garden just outside Buriram citytown. Here in Buriram we have a lots of dangered snakes! I had black cobra, king cobra, a lot of different treewipers and some I dont know the name of around my house. So when living here you mutch watch up your steps!! I happy been in cold sweden now without snakes(exapt my wife, of course).! burirampea
Take care you all in beautifull Buriram!

Mvh, Frank

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
Coming from Ireland where we have no snakes (thanks to a helpful welshman), those things always scare/anger/confuse me.  Basically, I would prefer they left me alone and I would gladly do likewise.  How to get them to stay away from my house: Keep noisy little dogs.  They will see/smell the snake long before you do, and they will make their feelings clear to Mr. Snake, who should go away.  Mr Snake might bite the dogs on his retreat from your property, but you and your family (still alive) can get another dog.  Mr. Snake and his friends are less likely to return to the place that smells like predators.  Also the dogs will keep rodents away, which the snakes are looking for in the first place. 

Red Jet

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
Here's a good informative site

Welcome to Thailand Snakes

Thailand has 200+ snake species with over 60 of them - venomous. I created this site as a way to educate Thais and visitors to Thailand about snakes. Many people kill the snakes they see in Thailand, while in many cases - they are non-venomous and completely harmless. With this site I hope to give people a better idea what is harmful and what isn't.

Browse the many snake photos and videos here so you can identify snakes you see on your porch, in your bed, or underfoot.

If you have been bitten by a snake - go to a hospital FIRST. Don't waste time looking it up on the internet. With some snakes you need to have medical help as fast as possible. With others you have some time. I know a Thai man whose brother died in less than 10 minutes from a snake bite.

There are venomous (poisonous) snakes everywhere in Thailand. Friends have had cobras in their kitchen, and others had kraits in the garage. Vipers love small bushes and trees near water and walkways.

Bookmark this site so you can quickly identify snakes you have seen. Notice the variety of venomous and non-venomous snakes in Thailand - and realize that they come in all sizes and shapes.

Highlighted.Quote... Thailand has 200+ snake species with over 60 of them - venomous....That means 140 are NOT venomous.....Don't be like Thais and kill them just for the sake of it  nono
But at the same time respect how dangerous they can be,best to be informed and per-warned  smilenod

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick