{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Financial support in girlfriend.  (Read 88745 times)

Offline KeesM

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Financial support in girlfriend.
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
right. only 1 problem: she cannot use a computer, never did and plan is to learn her NOW how to do. :-)

Hello Dundee, I would like to have a chat with you if possible in the coming days.
I just booked a room Paradise hotel, arriving tomorrow evening.
So, might anybody think this is a joke, I will be there, and shop will be open again in a few days....
should anybody want to meet me, I am sure they will have beer somewhere in Buriram. ;-)

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
Good luck Kees.

Hope to see you around at some point - and getting an update on the shop situation etc

Offline KeesM

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:51 PM »
Well, we are here. It was quite obvious the shop has been closed for some time. Only the address cannot be right. Cannot yet find out the streetname, housenumber was correct.
If you follow the Jira (chira) Road, the road from Coffee Corner, where I tried to get coffee today, but seems everybody started to run after I announced I would be here ;-), because also at BuriramExpats office the boss went out before I arrived, but at least there was a nice girl and finally 1 speaking English,
so if you follow that road into town, turn right just before the moat, couldn't figure out the streetname, but the opposite streetname is Romburn Road. Follow the road, turn right at the end, and then when the market starts, to the left are shops. the first shop after the gap between the shops.
It's quite a big shop but she uses only the first part for shop, the rest for living. And has an upperfloor of equal space. No way you can get this kind of shop for a rent Dundee mentions. I saw the contract, of course I cannot read Thai but I had a Thai friend with me.
The shop inventory was nowhere near the value of my money but she also had bought everything she needed for a household. No need to say I can live with that.
Of course I am relieved that I cannot find any lacks in the financial picture. Thats the good news...

She is selling rice, colddrinks, candy and chips. Apart of the rice she buys all things from the Makro. No need to say she cannot make a decent profit with that. The profit will have to come from the rice and I am afraid it will take a very long time before she gets enough steady customers to earn a reasonable amount.
Does anyone of you have ideas how to get the people to know there's a new rice shop? Dont think leaflets and advertisements in newspapers will work. Should it be usefull to use 1 time 1 of those cars shouting around?

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
That was COFFEE CONNECTION.

Coffee Corner is in Prakhonchai.

Offline Jon Terry

• if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
So whats the up shot then KeesM?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »
Having rented the shop, set it up, stocked it (albeit minimally), and spent the rest of your money on her "household" why has, in your own words, "the shop has been closed for some time."?

Never mind leaflets, newspaper ads or advertising pick-ups. Just find the address and tell us here on BRE.There are 1000+ members, and one or more might just venture that way out of curiosity!

Red Jet

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
Having rented the shop, set it up, stocked it (albeit minimally), and spent the rest of your money on her "household" why has, in your own words, "the shop has been closed for some time."?

Something I have noticed over the years is whenever you or somebody gives Thais money to start a business they couldn't give a monkeys whether it works or not as they have nothing to lose ........ its free money  smilenod. Make them borrow the money from the bank or get a Village loan,then they know they have to work to pay it back or more likely then not they wont even bother at all .For a woman to make money from a business it must be started with minimal outlay.It doesn't take brains to work out if you spend 100k on a shop and then sell crisps and soft drinks it will never make money.In my area small shop houses ( single story )can be rented for 1500 baht a month ,if Mum sit there all day and makes 50 Baht then at least the rent is paid for and the family have somewhere to live for free.Looks to me like another fool and his money has been easily parted  :wacko:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:36:50 AM by Red Jet »

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2011, 09:12:03 AM »
When I set up Coffee Corner I said to the missus - "OK, the 2,000 Baht a week I was paying you for 'living exps' will now come out of the business and will be your wages. At the end of each month, if we have made a profit, you get a 10,000 Baht bonus".

In fairness she has worked very hard and has earned that monthly bonus.

I agree entirely that 'free money' has no value. Once given it is forgotten and the eye is on the next payment !

Offline Krok Kinuh

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »
When I set up Coffee Corner I said to the missus - "OK, the 2,000 Baht a week I was paying you for 'living exps' will now come out of the business and will be your wages. At the end of each month, if we have made a profit, you get a 10,000 Baht bonus".

I agree entirely that 'free money' has no value. Once given it is forgotten and the eye is on the next payment !

An 8000 baht salary a month and a 10000 baht bonus, you must have worked in banking business. :laugh:

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »

An 8000 baht salary a month and a 10000 baht bonus, you must have worked in banking business. :laugh:

Funny you should say that  smilenod

Good incentive though to have the bonus related to performance.

Red Jet

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »

Yes Coffeecorner,....a bonus upon performance is always best  the way to go   :biggrin:

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »

Yes Coffeecorner,....a bonus upon performance is always best  the way to go   :biggrin:

I bet Nok has had a few   kamoybeer

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »

Would that be performances or bonuses CoCo?

Red Jet

« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »

Sometimes she gets a tip,other times she gets all of it  :biggrin:

Red Jet

« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

Would that be performances or bonuses CoCo?

I always say " A performance a day keeps Mr Grumpy away " thumbup

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM