{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Online Marriages  (Read 15298 times)

Offline AML

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Online Marriages
« on: May 28, 2011, 12:20:44 PM »
More and more people meet on the internet these days i wonder how people feel about the success on dating websites or even chatrooms CAN IT WORK ,even for our members

manupete

Re: Online Marriages
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
Whether you meet a Thai women on the Internet or Bar or through friends its all the same. Number one for Thai women is money .How many times has has a friend or another Thai  said to your partner" can you find a farang for me " not caring on looks ,nationality ,age or religion ,just as long as he can take care .IMHO men go for looks,good sex and someone you get on with.Thai women go for any farang that has money and stupid enough to part with lots of it.Most marriages are sham marriages in Thailand ,you can't have a deep meaningful discussion about politics and world affairs unless you can speech very very go Thai and lets face it lads very few of us can can .
Most guys that date on the Internet do so because they don't want to tell their family and friends at home they have married a hooker and have the one-upmanship quote over other farangs that have settled down with a bar girl " well at least I didn't marry a prostitute". :P
Most marriages or relationships in Thailand go the same way ,you either get on and have a relationship were both partners seem to be content on something that isn't perfect or you fight like cat and dog and split up.Internet is the new sex industry in Thailand for men that want sex and ladies that want money and a partner to take care  ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:51:19 PM by manupete »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
All women in the world are seeking for stability and that includes some financial strength.
Women in Thailand are not different from other women in the world.
If a guy find his love or some sort of good connection with Thai lady it doesn't matter the past but present and future and this is my view about it.

sawadi

Offline AML

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
I did mean any where in the world but ok meeting thai women online maybe better as we all have a connection with that,well most of us.

Offline AML

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
Manupete i am glad u wrote that after my week on here ha ha

manupete

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
All women in the world are seeking for stability and that includes some financial strength.

Do you think an 18 year old village girl sleeps or falls in love and marries a Thai lad because he can financial support her and he family ???
I would say 'NO',she does because she she has a emotional bond ( call it love ,passion or what ever ) with someone from her own culture.
How many guys out here in Isaan have met a ladies of a similar educational standard as you would in the west. Very few I would say.
Don't get me wrong ,I'm not knocking westerners for marrying Thai women,how can I, I have done it myself but all I can do is be honest why I am here in Thailand.It's cheaper to live ,the weather is better and I can find a better looking and younger lady to take care of me, but on the understanding I am not going to have mentally stimulating conversations or a cultural connection as I would with a western lady.!!!!

BTW ..I very much doubt a 25 year old attractive girl in the UK would marry a 50-55 year old balding fat guy just because he can support her financial ,even western women aren't as shallow as that  :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:06:16 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »

Do you think an 18 year old village girl sleeps or falls in love and marries a Thai lad because he can financial support her and he family ???
I would say 'NO',she does because she she has a emotional bond ( call it love ,passion or what ever ) with someone from her own culture.
How many guys out here in Isaan have met a ladies of a similar educational standard as you would in the west. Very few I would say.
Don't get me wrong ,I'm not knocking westerners for marrying Thai women,how can I, I have done it myself but all I can do is be honest why I am here in Thailand.It's cheaper to live ,the weather is better and I can find a better looking and younger lady to take care of me, but on the understanding I am not going to have mentally stimulating conversations or a cultural connection as I would with a western lady.!!!!
BTW ..I very much doubt a 25 year old attractive girl in the UK would marry a 50-55 year old balding fat guy just because he can support her financial ,even western women aren't as shallow as that  :P

OK....
Blue highlight:
Maybe that's the key and answer for the reason certain western men are going for this option, less communication can lead to less disputions and disagreements also.... (Even though it can go the other way around but NOT if you can compensate with financial strength as mentioned above).

Red highlight:
Western women are more independent than Thais because they can take care themselves alone or have their family financial support so they don't need to have a 'sponsor' or something like this....but there are many that when choosing their partners this is an important point.
A guy coming from 'good family'..what does it mean? Have education and of course..money!

sawadi

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:34:38 PM by Admin »

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
Good point Admin.

The only time me and the missus have a disagreement is when we talk to each other.  mhihi

(Remarkably, that was the same with my 2 UK wives - just coincidence, or what ?)

manupete

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »

The only time me and the missus have a disagreement is when we talk to each other.  mhihi

My wife is away at the moment in Bangkok and we are getting on fine,no disagreements at all  thumbup

Dave the Dude

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
I once got a mail order Thai bride but she froze to death in a box in a cargo hold haLF WAY across The Indian Ocean!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:42:39 PM by Dave the Dude »

manupete

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
I'm sure a few of the SF posters would have seen this before .......... but this guys makes me laugh  :laugh:

Offline AML

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Top viideo

Dave the Dude

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 07:39:52 AM »
That should be playing on every Airplane flying into Thailand!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 08:28:36 AM »

You are joking aren't you.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
Good point Admin.

(Remarkably, that was the same with my 2 UK wives - just coincidence, or what ?)

There seems to be only one constant factor.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick