{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Korat immigration Info.  (Read 137853 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Korat immigration Info.
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
It would appear that your only options are: Go to Immigration and get a 7 day extention for 1900 baht, or go over the border at Chong Chom and get 15 days.

Kap Cheong Immigration is not near Korat. Kap Cheong is in Surin province, but somewhat out of town, heading towards Chong Chom border.

You mentioned your fiancee. If you were married you would be able to obtain a 60 day extention as you are also be able to if you have a child here in Thailand. You need a few, easily obtained documents, but no need to show money in the bank.

Hope this helps.

Offline Michael888

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions Starman.

I assume that in future I can extend my Multiple entry Visa's prior to the end of 60 days by going to Kap Cheong Immigration in Surin Province.
This would give me 30 days, as in Jomtien and Khon Kaen. I would then need to fly out and return to activate next 60 day visa....etc, etc.

I could also fly out of Thailand and get a Visa on arrival.

Another option would be to travel to Savannakhet and apply for a Tourist Visa(single entry only). If I wanted a double or triple entry TV I would need to travel to Vientiane and go to the Royal Thai Embassy. Again,I'm perplexed why this cant be done in Savannakhet.
Perhaps I should do more research and qualify to take people on Visa Runs and make money in Thailand, but of course in a Thai Company Name owned by my fiancee/wife !!!

In any event, I am still frustrated that honest people need to be inconvenienced and spend more money to stay in Thailand. Thai logic. And Thais and Farangs who run Visa Businesses benefit....lovely.

In the Philippines it is much easier. 21 days on arrival. Visit an Immigration Office and it's simple to get a 6 month Visa. No visa runs required. No 800,000 baht in a Government Bank...etc, etc.

TIT...I know...and it's up to me...but really never up to me.

Cheers

And best wishes to all the Happy Campers in Thailand.

BTW. Is there an Immigration Office in Buriram Province? And if so where is it? If not, why not??

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »
Hello Michael - As far as I know there is no immigration office in Buriram. Why? No idea, other than that there are many provinces that do not have an immigration office.

Why worry - you have said you are in Surin, and Surin has an immigration office at Kap Choeng.

Be thankful that you no longer have to go to Dan Kwian!

Offline Michael888

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
Hi Nick

I am in Surin by default, rather than choice.
My Fiancee and her Family live closer to Krasang and have relatives in Surin Province.

I actually find Majestic Hotel nicer and better value for money than any place in Buriram.
Also, night life is far better here and locals are friendlier.

Sure, more University girls to perve on in Buriram!!!(Not my cup of tea).

I have spent lots of time in Isaan and have stayed in many provinces.
I am disappointed with Buriram. Hence my limited stay in Surin and Isaan.

My attitude may change,however I see so much injustice in the way the true Isaan People are treated.
As opposed to the "Rich Chinese/Chinese/Thais who monopolize what happens, not just in Isaan but all over Thailand.
Sorry I'm off the topic, but I am disappointed that Farangs are looked upon as ATM's and here for cheap sex.......it's not the reality of what really happens in Thailand.

Yet farangs have to scurry around working out what the heck to do so they can stay in Thailand.
Incredulous.

Cheers.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »
No need to fly out to activate your next entry. Walk out at the Chong Chom border and come back.

When you get married you can get a multi entry O visa based on marriage. They are valid for 12 months. Every entry is valid for 90 days. Leave on the day before "enter before date" and get another 3 months. That takes you up to 15 months stay. After that go to immigration and get another 60 days based on "visiting wife". That means 17 months on one visa.

Multi entry O visas are available in Savannaket. No need to show proof of funds or income.

You could also apply for a 12 month extension by showing 400000 baht in the bank or an income of 40000 a month. That would then mean you will have to go to Immigration every 90 days to prove current address.

Either way, you could then stay in Buriram or Surin a bit longer and you may discover that things are not really as bad as they seem.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:09:43 AM by Starman »

Offline Michael888

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »
Thanks again for the useful info Starman.
I dont want to get married.....Fiancee has house, car, PCX.....all paid and money in Bank....
....But I guess I'd qualify for a Mia Noi or two or three...so why not :)

I actually do like the friendly REAL THAIS in the Villages...they are truly wonderful.
I have stayed in the old run down house for over 3months with no Internet, poor Mobile phone reception etc.
Better in the New "Palace" TG now has...but boredom sets in easily!!!

I do like to party...and this has restrictions. Both in Surin and Buriram 
Discos (be it Speed1(Bram) or Speed3 and Saren(Surin) or any other Discos in Isaan including Mahasarakham, Khon Kaen, Udon, Srisaket)..
...have a much better time if I'm with my Fiancee...Thais are really warm and friendly....girls are gorgeous!!!
Monogomy is not for me......

Offline MichelNL

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »

(Quote)
(I dont want to get married.....Fiancee has house, car, PCX.....all paid and money in Bank....)

If you dont want to get married, .... why is she your Fiancee then ??.....

Offline Michael888

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »
Hi MichelNL.
Good question.....5 years is a long time together, and I am a real softie!!!
I'm waiting for real proof that it's not primarily my money she's after.

I really like her Family and even though I speak very little Thai...(mai pud thai jing jing)
and spend minimal time in her village there is a strong "family bond" I'm reluctant to part with.

Time will tell.

Anyway, off to Chom Chong to get my 15day extension...tomorrow.
Has anyone had dealings with a Guy called Mr. Pov Heang (Visa and Siam Reap Tour guide)?
I met him last time I was in Chom Chong. He has kindly offered to get me a Single Entry Tourist Visa (from PP) for 7000baht.
I will still need to do the normal border run, then give him my passport....and then go back to Chom Chong to collect it when he returns from
PP. Personally I feel its a bit risky.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

I know I could obtain a single entry TV from PP myself or from Savannakhet,Laos.
Just feel a bit fed-up with these requirements to fatten other's wallets and inconvenience myself. Sorry for being negative..just tired... moneysmile

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
Mr Pov may be a good guy but personally I get nervous when parted from my passport.

I would not do under any circumstances. nono  But if you like to live dangerously then what the hell ~~~ go for it!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 04:51:23 AM »
Mr Pov may be a good guy but personally I get nervous when parted from my passport.

I would not do under any circumstances. nono  But if you like to live dangerously then what the hell ~~~ go for it!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Agree 100% David,I always like my passport with me.

Offline Michael888

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.
I agree. Feel safer with my passport in my possession.
Now it's time to see the country-side.
Have a great day :)

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.
I agree. Feel safer with my passport in my possession.
Now it's time to see the country-side.
Have a great day :)

I think i know this guy but still go along with comments about keeping close to PP. Just think about the stories you hear about the guys selling ciggarettes who then phone the police to get you arrested. A closed shop where everyone makes money and the falang is stung. Now imagine what could happen when you get you passport back with some moody stamp from a potato stencil.

It just aint with the risk, mate. Same applies to Sh@gging around, it has huge risks in a closeknit community where Machete's are used to sort out problems.

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Hi MichelNL.
Good question.....5 years is a long time together, and I am a real softie!!!
I'm waiting for real proof that it's not primarily my money she's after.

I really like her Family and even though I speak very little Thai...(mai pud thai jing jing)
and spend minimal time in her village there is a strong "family bond" I'm reluctant to part with.

Time will tell.

Anyway, off to Chom Chong to get my 15day extension...tomorrow.
Has anyone had dealings with a Guy called Mr. Pov Heang (Visa and Siam Reap Tour guide)?
I met him last time I was in Chom Chong. He has kindly offered to get me a Single Entry Tourist Visa (from PP) for 7000baht.
I will still need to do the normal border run, then give him my passport....and then go back to Chom Chong to collect it when he returns from
PP. Personally I feel its a bit risky.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

I know I could obtain a single entry TV from PP myself or from Savannakhet,Laos.
Just feel a bit fed-up with these requirements to fatten other's wallets and inconvenience myself. Sorry for being negative..just tired... moneysmile

Iused a guy there called pich who went and got my visa in cambodia and even travelled on bus to Buriram to give me it.. very nice boy i see him if im ever at that border crossing

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
Kap Choeng: made today my first application for a visa extension, marriage, everything ok... except they now want 'confirmation of ability to marry', copy of! Never heard of this before. So I have to go back to Lamplaimat, get a certified copy of said document (or go to the police station for a paper stating that it is lost) and drive back to sunny Kap Choeng. Some tea money already passed hands this morning, more, doubtless, to follow. You are very vulnerable when you apply for your first extension and I think that someone has decided to profit from this. I expect to be paying  ฿1000.- over the odds to bring the process to an end. I think that at least two other people have had to pay, following a conversation with another couple and getting a glance at a document filled out by a previous victim.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
Kap Choeng: made today my first application for a visa extension, marriage, everything ok... except they now want 'confirmation of ability to marry', copy of! Never heard of this before. So I have to go back to Lamplaimat, get a certified copy of said document (or go to the police station for a paper stating that it is lost) and drive back to sunny Kap Choeng. Some tea money already passed hands this morning, more, doubtless, to follow. You are very vulnerable when you apply for your first extension and I think that someone has decided to profit from this. I expect to be paying  ฿1000.- over the odds to bring the process to an end. I think that at least two other people have had to pay, following a conversation with another couple and getting a glance at a document filled out by a previous victim.
Welling to venture that your missing and need the KR-2 forum which can be had at your local amphur office for 20 bhat.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick