{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Korat immigration Info.  (Read 137921 times)

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Korat immigration Info.
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Quote;- " Now that 90 day reporting is computer generated " end of quote. Not at KC it isn't, there's no computer in the office... But as you so rightly put it V 57, it's all part of the fun of living here.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
That is quite funny because its fully computerised in the shack at the border (Chong Chom) which is a short distance down the road (Past M&D coffee shop as well)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
Quote;- " Now that 90 day reporting is computer generated " end of quote. Not at KC it isn't, there's no computer in the office... But as you so rightly put it V 57, it's all part of the fun of living here.
[/quote

There are computers in the office. Three to be exact that are connected to TOT internet. Are they talking to Bangkok ? Thats a good question. There is no PP reader.

Offline finnomick

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
[/quote

There are computers in the office. Three to be exact that are connected to TOT internet. Are they talking to Bangkok ? Thats a good question. There is no PP reader.

Well, all the desktops were bare in the office on friday. Maybe someones nicked them or sold them down at the border market? The official that dealt with my 90 day report also told us that there had been a lot of complaints due to the time it was taking in hand-writing all the forms required for the visa extensions. Foreigners complaining at extension re-newals ? Dodgy.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
I always found it better to restate the understandings: 

1. Buriram and Surin expas should use the Kap Choeng Immigration Office for visas and 90 day reportings. 

2.  All offices are supposed to accept 90 day reports, but if you live in Buriram/Surin area Korat may send you to the Kap Choeng Immigration Office. 

3.  The Korat office is still open, but it may deny Buriram Province Expats service.   

4.  The Kap Choeng Immigration Office reportedly does not have a computer and is not networked, so you will probably want to have as much as the forms completed and available when using this office.  Otherwise be prepared to manually complete them.

5.  The border crossing close to KC at Chong Chom is computerized and may be able to accomodate the 90 day reporting. 

Anyone see any glaring errors in this synopsis? 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »
Soup cans and string to be installed for cummunications. thumbup

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
Reading other posts especially by Various 57 and Nookiebear regarding the 90 day report -- and please do not shoot me, I'm only the messenger -- last time I did my 90 day report in Korat on 30.04.2012., they informed me that in future, ALL my extension requests AND 90 day reports must now be done at Kap Choeng. They went on to say that if I turned up at Korat to do a 90 day report, they would not deal with it. Obviously, and as has been noted earlier, all immigration officers interpret their rules in their way. Pity really because the misses and I made a day of it going to The Mall etc to buy groceries and passing Do Home was also very handy.

I'm sure your correct Finnomick,the problem with Immigration or anything Government run is they all make up their own rules.What's OK at one place is not OK at another.Now that 90 day reporting is computer generated you would think it would make it easier.Lets say you live in Buriram on the border with Korat,why travel all the way to KC when Korat Immigration is so close,it just doesn't make sense ,does it  :wacko:
The rules state all 90 reports can be done by post  but KC doesn't do it ,KC Immigration used to do a Letter of Residency for free but when they moved to Korat it all of a sudden became 500Baht. I paid 300 baht for my new 5 year driving licence and was in and out in 20 minutes even though my old licence was 4 month out of date,others I have read pay 500 baht and have to sit and read the Highway code for an hour .All part of the fun of Thailand  :biggrin:
Its when you renew a 5 year licence that you have the video etc,etc not when making your 1 year into a 5 year.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
[/quote

Well, all the desktops were bare in the office on friday. Maybe someones nicked them or sold them down at the border market? The official that dealt with my 90 day report also told us that there had been a lot of complaints due to the time it was taking in hand-writing all the forms required for the visa extensions. Foreigners complaining at extension re-newals ? Dodgy.

The desk that are in the very front that you set at for service do not have computuers. The desk to your extrem right and inback has a computer and printer  that is used for froums. To your extrem left is another computer with printer and has the TOT Modem next to it. The desk to your left as you enter the room has a computer. All of these computuers are connected to TOT internet. Their printor is in the front by the restrooms. On the desk in the office are plastic bukets for you to put change in for copies. They do not have a passport reader which they need for 90 day reporting. All of this kit was taken from the Korat office. The computuers and TOT Intenet has been connect and in use for two months.

Offline finnomick

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Sorry Gotlost, things have changed since you were last in. I sat at the desk immediately on the left as you go in the office. Nothing on it so plenty of room to write out forms. Yes, there is a printer at the back where they keep forms but not a computer in sight. They must have cleared them all out so as not to be embarrassed when people ask why the computers are not in use. Whatever, no doubt this will change.....

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
Sorry Gotlost, things have changed since you were last in. I sat at the desk immediately on the left as you go in the office. Nothing on it so plenty of room to write out forms. Yes, there is a printer at the back where they keep forms but not a computer in sight. They must have cleared them all out so as not to be embarrassed when people ask why the computers are not in use. Whatever, no doubt this will change.....

Just returned from KCI and yes there is only 0ne computer in use in the extreme left hand corner with printer and it is connected to TOT internet. THe other two were moved to the office across from the main office and are in use and connected to TOT internet. Therestill is no PP Reader.

Offline tommynew

• Contributor with future
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
We went to KC Friday.  31.8 arrived 8.45 am. staff having breakfast. Her indoors rousted them out, all done and dusted 9am

Offline tommynew

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
P.S. hand written forms only

Offline Michael888

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
Sorry , But am am confused.
I have been coming to Thailand for over 5 years now using Double entry visas and extensions.
At the moment I am in SURIN. My Visa on arrival expires on 9th October.
My understanding is that I can extend this for 15 days(this is how things work at Jomtien Immigration, Same at Khon Kaen Immigration Office).

Can someone please advise me what to do!!! Do I go to Kap Choeng Immigration Office? Or to Chom Chong? Or do I do a visa run?
Sorry again for my ignorance, but the frustrations are getting to me.

Thanks in Advance your help.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
Sorry , But am am confused.
I have been coming to Thailand for over 5 years now using Double entry visas and extensions.
At the moment I am in SURIN. My Visa on arrival expires on 9th October.
My understanding is that I can extend this for 15 days(this is how things work at Jomtien Immigration, Same at Khon Kaen Immigration Office).

Can someone please advise me what to do!!! Do I go to Kap Choeng Immigration Office? Or to Chom Chong? Or do I do a visa run?
Sorry again for my ignorance, but the frustrations are getting to me.

Thanks in Advance your help.

Please explain some more. First you speak about double entry visas then you talk about a visa on arrival.

When you arrived in Thailand this time did you get a 30 visa exempt stamp or did you get a 60 day tourist stamp?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:45:31 PM by Starman »

Offline Michael888

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
Hi Starman.
Thanks for your reply.
In my original post I wrote 
"At the moment I am in SURIN. My Visa on arrival expires on 9th October."
Sorry for any confusion.

So I will start again
I am in Surin after arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 10th September 2012(I flew to Singapore and back on same day to get my "thirty days".
My Passport is Stamped....Admitted 10 Sep 2012. Admitted until  9th October 2012.

Different sites say different things, including that a 10day extension can be obtained in Immigration Bangkok.
15 days by doing a Visa run.
Or 15 days by going to an Immigration Office in the Province one is currently residing in.
I have done this in the past...both in Khon Kaen and Jomtien Immigration.
So I presume I dont need to do a visa run.

I dont wish to drive all the way to  Kap Choeng Immigration Office (near Korat).
My Fiancee called the KC number provided here (044559278), a female answered and said that was not KC Immigration.

I was going to drive to Chong Chom today and approach the Thai Immigration Office.
However, it is highly likely they will ask me to enter Cambodia, and then Stamp my passport on Exit.

I am perplexed by all the different variations and can see it is just revenue spinning.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I still for the life of me cant understand why Buriram and Surin DONT HAVE Immigration Offices.

Thanks again.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM