{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Building a house in village. No land papers.  (Read 3448 times)

Offline banga

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Building a house in village. No land papers.
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
hi my name is Mel i think it will be about 6 weeks before i move to buriram,i will be building a small house next to my girls house in a small village by sung neon. i would like to ask the expats for some addvice Wen was passed the land down to her from her father who is not with us anymore this being about ten years ago the land as been in the family about 30yrs,none of the village seem to have any paperwork for the land they live on the rice fields was given some paperwork 2 months ago i have been told this is normal in rural villages is this true please.
                                          Thanks Mel
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:05:57 PM by banga »

isanbirder

Re: Building a house in village. No land papers.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »
Welcome, Mel.  Be very careful about land which 'has no papers'.  It may well have some, in somebody else's hands.  In my village (Ban Kok Klang, between Huai Rat and Krasang), all the land has chanote (the full ownership papers).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »
Hi Mel,

First of all welcome to the Forum. character4

In some rural villages in Thailand the Land hasn't registered yet so there isn't any 'Chanote' (Land Title Deed) but have only 'Sor Kor' land paper.

In some cases you can register the 'Sor Kor' in the Land office and get 'Chanote' papers but each case is different so check it.

A personal advice is to build a modest house because of all the elements of life in the village, start from land papers to the geographically area of the house.

Best luck. sawadi

Sor Kor 1
A Sor Kor 1 is a document that evinces a historic right of title over a parcel of land. It grants the holder the right to convert it into another document either a Chanote or a Nor Sor 3 Khor. One of the common difficulties associated with this kind of deed is that the measurements used then were not accurate. Given the antiquity of this form of title deed, the technologies available today that could give an accurate reading of the parcel of land were probably not availed of back then. This has resulted in the proliferation of these kinds of titles in the real estate sector. As this practice continued, more and more individuals have used these documents to represent ownership over a parcel of land in the country. A Sor Kor 1 cannot be transmitted except to an heir. That is why it is imperative that the title holder change his or her titled to that of a Chanote or Sor Kor 3.

Source:
http://www.thailand-realestate.com/thailand-property/sor-kor-1

Offline banga

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
Welcome, Mel.  Be very careful about land which 'has no papers'.  It may well have some, in somebody else's hands.  In my village (Ban Kok Klang, between Huai Rat and Krasang), all the land has chanote (the full ownership paper)

thanks for your reply and on a other board. that is why i have said only a small house but things may change now because of new regs on multi o visas
thanks mel
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:37:04 PM by Admin »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod