{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.  (Read 25257 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.

Today I had a bad experience in the gas station.
I went to fill my pickup and requested 'full tank Diesel' but the lady mistake and filled it with Benzine(95) instead so I had to pull the car aside and wait for the gas station mechanic guy to come and empty all my fuel from the tank (Not good for the car to have mix of the fuels (Benzine 95+Diesel).
Ho, well we had to do it so I kept myself cool lucky I had time at the moment because it took about an hour to empty all the tank because it was FULL!
It is also appear the Mitsubishi Triton does not have the option to empty the fuel tank from under the car therefore the mechanic guy had to empty the fuel from the front/bunnet area which took longer time.
Eventually it was done and all the mix fuel was emptied and a new plain Diesel was filled in.
drivinggear  jumping8 

*If it happen to you. Do not start the engine and wait until all the fuel is out of the tank. sawadi

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:09:18 PM by ADMIN »

Offline F1ART

• Contributor with future
Re: Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
Who paid?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »
Who paid?
The tank was full and the amount of Benzine(95) was about 600 Baht, so they calculated this and also calculated the number of liters out of my full tank and gave me what was before I filled the tank.
No loses this time, just good we noticed the mistake on time! vampv
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:45:59 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:19 AM »
Unlike most motorists, I ALWAYS get out of the car when filling up, to ensure 2 things:-

1) Use of correct pump

2) That the meter has been reset to zero. (A Shell station in Pattaya Tai are well known for not resetting the meter after having filled up a motorbike, and your loss is often around 100bt. Tried it on me once -I saw, called the manager and got an extra 200bt free by way of compensation)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
Someone adviced me to change the fuel filter even though I haven't start the engine after the fuel mistake but empty it completely(99%), well I am going to Mitsubishi Garage today and will inform you about their advice.
As for now I have full Diesel inside the tank.  reiki1

'Fifth Gear' nice video, Wrong fuel type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xhPAundL4&feature=player_embedded#at=19
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:55:39 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
OK,today I went to the Mitsubishi garage and they told me its true need to change the fuel filter just to make sure the system is back to normal with no left overs of the Benzine.
It costed 310 Baht for the fuel filter and they did me a favour and didn't charged the labour fee (150 Baht discount) anyway I went back to the gas station and they were little bit upset I came to get money but not too much after all, their mistake.
The lady talked with the manager on and on, I spent about 20 minutes there which I think is not too bad considering the fact I came to collect money from them.  scatter
I took 300 Baht and this is how the story ends!  king1

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
Well done Admin.

The majority of Thais would have just said "mai phen rai"

I imagine however the poor serving girl will have the 300bt deducted from her wages. That's the Thai way.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Unlike most motorists, I ALWAYS get out of the car when filling up, to ensure 2 things:-

1) Use of correct pump

2) That the meter has been reset to zero. (A Shell station in Pattaya Tai are well known for not resetting the meter after having filled up a motorbike, and your loss is often around 100bt. Tried it on me once -I saw, called the manager and got an extra 200bt free by way of compensation)
Nick I do exactly the same,,,UNLOCK THE ACCESS,TAKE OFF THE CAP & POINT TO WHAT FUEL i REQUIRE

This also makes sure they Zero the pump too!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
Almog perhaps you need a bit more exercise!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »
OK,today I went to the Mitsubishi garage and they told me its true need to change the fuel filter just to make sure the system is back to normal with no left overs of the Benzine.
It costed 310 Baht for the fuel filter and they did me a favour and didn't charged the labour fee (150 Baht discount) anyway I went back to the gas station and they were little bit upset I came to get money but not too much after all, their mistake.
The lady talked with the manager on and on, I spent about 20 minutes there which I think is not too bad considering the fact I came to collect money from them.  scatter
An absolute load of bollox... if you had filled up with diesel in a petrol driven car OK...but not the other way around!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
An absolute load of bollox... if you had filled up with diesel in a petrol driven car OK...but not the other way around!!

1st of all mostly it is not happening with petrol driven car because in most cases the hole is too small for the Diesel fuel hose.

Would you take the risk?!
Read here: sawadi
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2737057/A-costly-mistake.html

Offline nico

• Contributor with future
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:54 PM »
Hi! im sure you did the right thin by replacing fuel filter too, but if you didnt start the car while it had petrol in tank and cas station employee emptyed fuel lines from the enginebay it shoud not be any trouble. My friend all so did same mistake (her self)  and drove his car until it started running poorly. As she noticed  her mistake she didnt run the car anymore and tow it to shop for flushing the system and thats it, she was lucky. My point is in your case the petrol-diesel ratio was so good id would not break your fuel system.

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 02:35:45 AM »
 ohmybar

You may have failed to realize that most modern diesel cars/pickup etc etc do a precharge when you unlock vehicle so therefore fuel is primed into the engine. A lot of fuel filter are before engine bay and more than likely well before fuel pump.  spiral

Looking at picture/video of Admin's vehicle I see they drained just before fuel pump (though it may have been the filter  smilenod ) ANyway as I said whats the cost of replacing a filter compared to any potential damage and subsequent repair of an engine!!

And as modern engines are more developed that even a few years ago, in the attempt to reduce emmissions they are more sensitive to mishaps such as this. We have had to replace 3 engines in our unit in the last 2 years due to such mistakes by some drivers, we run diesel vans (80). 100% are less than 5 years old, and 80% are no more than 6 months old.

party15

boloa

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »

The majority of Thais would have just said "mai phen rai"

I imagine however the poor serving girl will have the 300bt deducted from her wages. That's the Thai way.
That's right Nick, most Thais that have a new-ish car would not have asked for the 300 baht for the fuel filter because they would lose face every time they go into that Garage to fill up and be looked at as Cheap Charlie's  . Looks like that isn't a problem for you though Admin  smilenod.Hope you feel OK about the poor assistant that is now 1-2 days wages out of pocket.Are you really that hard up for 300 baht or is it just the principle of the unfortunate mis-understanding that urged you to insist on being  compensated ???

Dave the Dude

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Would you have that attitude with a doctor/surgeon or chemist, Boloa?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick