{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.  (Read 25322 times)

Offline garytaffy

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Wrong fuel in Buriram Gas station.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Whole heartedly agree with Prachonchai Nick, DTD,and Almog on this one for reasons stated.

boloa

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »
Whole heartedly agree with Prachonchai Nick, DTD,and Almog on this one for reasons stated.
So you claim the 300 baht knowing it will come off the young girls wages.???

Its the system that needs changing ,who many bussiness's have third party insurance.???

I've had a bar and a shop in the past  and have never had third party insurance and I'm sure I'm not alone

I'm not saying you shouldn't try and get money back or things put right but would I claim knowing a poor girl would suffer,for 300 baht I still say " Mai pen rai "..!!!!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
Boloa, you are just making assumptions;
The money will be deducted from the worker salary.
No insurance.
No loses.
Mai penrai.

Who told you this and how would you know so many details on a gas station operation here?
As far as I know the gas station paid me and I don't know and it is not my business to know whats inside their company rules.

Lets make another situation:
You fill the tank, nobody notice (Or tell) the mistake you pay and drive off to Bangkok, on the way something is wrong, the engine start choking and you have to stop in the middle of the highway.
You call somebody to take your car straight off to the nearest garage just to find out the damage will cost you more than 10,000 Baht or even worst, your engine will never run the same as before.
Would you claim now?
Would the gas station take responsibility?
Will anyone admit on the big damage mistake and pay off the big bill?
I doubt on it. stop1

BTW, They apologised and accepted responsibility on the damage so I don't understand what exactly is the problem with this story. confused3
Words come easy.... sawadi

boloa

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »

All case's warrant different view point. I agree if you had drive off and the car had big problems you would expect the Garage to pay. But in your case the problem was noted before any great damage was done .Yes you had to pay an extra 300 baht for a fuel filter,something that may have needed changing anyway .I would have say no problem,I wouldn't have let my wife spend 20 minutes debating whether they should pay,anyway I though you said you were in a hurry and had things to do .
Lesson #1,get out your car and check the right fuel is being put in and the petrol pump is on zero baht.  thumbup

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »
All case's warrant different view point. I agree if you had drive off and the car had big problems you would expect the Garage to pay. But in your case the problem was noted before any great damage was done .Yes you had to pay an extra 300 baht for a fuel filter,something that may have needed changing anyway .I would have say no problem,I wouldn't have let my wife spend 20 minutes debating whether they should pay,anyway I though you said you were in a hurry and had things to do .
Lesson #1,get out your car and check the right fuel is being put in and the petrol pump is on zero baht.  thumbup
You are an expert! thumbup
I did serviced my car just about 3000 kms before the incident and DID changed my fuel filter.
+I lost 250 Baht in fuel.
+Time in gas station.
+Time in Mitsubishi garage.

Overall, I would advice to look more carefully and not trust them to do what you requested but this apply to almost anything in here and not only gas stations... hahaha

A good lesson learnt.  icon_heart

boloa

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »
BTW...I was with a good friend of mine today  and he told me he  had many diesel vans and trucks back in his UK Business and he told me he put a few litres of petrol in the Diesel tanks in the winter to stop them from freezing up.He assured me no damage could be done to a diesel engine by having a bit of petrol in the diesel.No so the other way round though,so all this fuss over nothing it seems ..LOL
He said just empty the tank,refill with diesel and away you go ....no problem  :laugh:

boloa

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_if_you_accidentally_put_petrol_into_a_diesel_car

According to the experts a little can do no damage,so replacing the fuel filter was not necessary  thumbup

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_if_you_accidentally_put_petrol_into_a_diesel_car

According to the experts a little can do no damage,so replacing the fuel filter was not necessary  thumbup
I can give you loads of links why you should replace the fuel filter if you care about your car but lets just leave it.
The trucks and vans example is not good because its not same with pickups, the sensors and system are different and the big trucks capable to handle mistakes in fuel with less fuzz..
About people who do not make a big deal of such mistakes like this, the garages around the world are full with them and supply a lot of work to the business...so let them do it to their cars.
I have a commitment to treat my cars 1st class no doubts and questions on the road.
Better safe than sorry. sawadi

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 03:33:18 AM »
I have a commitment to treat my cars 1st class no doubts and questions on the road.
Better safe than sorry. sawadi

agreed, you have a business to run and you need your vehicles to be in proper and excellent working conditions, so cannot take the risks.  sawadi

If it was the case of a bit of petrol in the diesel now and then does no harm, why have I lost 3 engines in the last year, due to petrol being put in insead of diesel? first two we managed to strip down and redo, last one was a right off, cheaper to buy a new one! But like everything there will always be different opinions.

as for "cheap charlie" mai pen rai, falang have plenty of money why he worry! Future M-i-L has already said I am a cheap charlie and I have never met her yet, think she is seting me up for a big fleecing! She obviously never heard about a Scotsman and his money? :)  whistle

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 05:26:29 AM »
I have never read so much crap over a simple issue where Petrol was put into the tank instead of Diesel,,,I used to travel upwards of 320 kms EVERY day in the UK for several years,doing my own maintainence & NEVER having to call out the AA breakdown service.

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 09:02:02 AM »
But nookie your forgeting that you had a steam engine runningdog party4

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:34 AM »
With all the beer Nookie consumes, one would have thought his vehicles ran on methane gas!

boloa

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
I should have kept my mouth shut and this thread would have died long ago  thumbup :laugh: :laugh:

Dave the Dude

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:21 AM »
 pray1 pray1 pray1

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
But nookie your forgeting that you had a steam engine runningdog party4
Little do you know,,,,,,I still have a steam engine,a bloody good earner too!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick