{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Good place to buy a Laptop in Buriram  (Read 12310 times)

Offline rocco

Good place to buy a Laptop in Buriram
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
The wife wants to buy a laptop for one of her nephews, who lives close to Buriram town.  We are not in Thailand, so told him to go to Big C or VMart to see what is available.

Prices seems to be pretty high, 18,000 baht or so and one place told him there was no difference between a notebook and laptop, which is wrong.

Any other places in Buriram to buy a laptop at a more reasonable price or is it best to go to Bangkok and look some time? 

isanbirder

Re: Good place to buy a Laptop in Buriram
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:32:40 AM »
If you want to be sure of service when you need it, try the Acer shop opposite the entrance to the Bus Station.  This is a sales + service shop combined... Acer brand only, but it's as good as they come for low-price name brands.  I've had an Acer PC for four years, and have never had any trouble with it.  Minor things, like changing the CMOS battery, they do on the spot.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
The wife wants to buy a laptop for one of her nephews, who lives close to Buriram town.  We are not in Thailand, so told him to go to Big C or VMart to see what is available.

Prices seems to be pretty high, 18,000 baht or so and one place told him there was no difference between a notebook and laptop, which is wrong.

Any other places in Buriram to buy a laptop at a more reasonable price or is it best to go to Bangkok and look some time? 

Can buy ACER in Big C FOR 14000.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »

Can buy ACER in Big C FOR 14000.
Same price in Tescos in Korat...Plenty of computer shops in Korat,,IT City, Klang Plaza ,The Mall have good selections
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:22:32 AM by nookiebear »

Offline manni

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »
IT Relax in the night market is another retailer that offers great service after you have purchased the computer. This probably wont be the case if you purchase from Big C. Occasionally they have used computers for sale too if your budget is a bit tighter.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »
IT Relax in the night market is another retailer that offers great service after you have purchased the computer. This probably wont be the case if you purchase from Big C. Occasionally they have used computers for sale too if your budget is a bit tighter.
Agree. We always recommend on this shop because of the after sales service!
The Acer shop behind bus station is NOT recommended because of this particular reason mentioned above.
Buying PC and especially laptop is better in a place that have service and actually care about customers willing to deal with problems occur after the purchase and IT Relax is definitely give a good service and most importantly FAIR PRICES. sawadi

isanbirder

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
The Acer shop behind bus station is NOT recommended because of this particular reason mentioned above.
Buying PC and especially laptop is better in a place that have service and actually care about customers willing to deal with problems occur after the purchase and IT Relax is definitely give a good service and most importantly FAIR PRICES. sawadi

"reason mentioned above"?  Do you mean after-sales service?  I've nothing against IT Relax (don't know the shop), but would always prefer manufacturer's service if possible.  Has anyone had any bad experience with Acer here?  I've always found them very helpful.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »

"reason mentioned above"?  Do you mean after-sales service?  I've nothing against IT Relax (don't know the shop), but would always prefer manufacturer's service if possible.  Has anyone had any bad experience with Acer here?  I've always found them very helpful.
I guess you were lucky.
Me and many others NOT!

boloa

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
Has anyone had any bad experience with Acer here?

I have never used the Acer shop in Buriram because I haven't had too,My Acer hasn't missed a beat in years,can't fault them. I have the 5536 model ..:-)

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »
I would not recommend either Big C; Vmart; Macro or indeed any of the "major" suppliers in Buriram, as machines from Big C etc. will come without an OS or any proprietary software (Windows; Office; etc.). 

I have purchased a desktop and my friend recently purchased a laptop (Acer 14600 Baht) from the shop right on the junction of the road that runs past Isuzu and the one with the Honda dealer on the corner.  Sorry can't recall the name at present, but I am sure that some other board members will help.

My reasons are simple, their prices are competitive, all machine come with full OS and required software (do not register it as this is Thailand if you know what I mean); their after sales service and guarantee was exceptional.  As an example they replaced my desktop DVD R/W free of charge after 11 months, no questions asked, they also reloaded all the software (with updated versions) after my son discovered that from the C: prompt you can delete everything forever, again no charge.

Hope this helps

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 07:36:48 PM »
Re above I think it is located on the junction of Thanon Thani and Thanon Romburi (or the one before it coming from the bus station with Isuzu on your right).  Board members please help?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:31:01 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM