{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Vocational School Shooting Leaves 1 Killed and 2 Injured  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Vocational School Shooting Leaves 1 Killed and 2 Injured
« on: January 27, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
Vocational School Shooting Leaves 1 Killed and 2 Injured
Tan Network 2011-01-27

A former vocational college student has been killed and two others injured in a fight with students of a rival school.

Twenty four year old Cherdchai Chaiphak, a former student of Pathumwan Institute of Technology, has been shot and killed in Chatuchak district of Bangkok by students from a rival school.

A witness said the two unidentified gunmen, travelling on a motorcycle, opened fire on Cherdchai and his two friends, while the victims were riding on Soi Vibhavadi Rangsit 36.

The two friends, Narin Tokao and Ponprom Srirayayon, were badly wounded, but managed to take a taxi to a nearby hospital.

Offline fox

• Contributor with future
Re: Vocational School Shooting Leaves 1 Killed and 2 Injured
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:45 PM »
some Thai teenagers have weapons and they do not hesitate to use it in a moment of heat feelings. swordfight

isanbirder

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 06:35:37 AM »
This particular technical school has a long history of a 'gun culture' rivalry with another vocational school.  The only answer is to shut both schools down (and possibly invalidate their diplomas).

boloa

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
This particular technical school has a long history of a 'gun culture' rivalry with another vocational school.  The only answer is to shut both schools down (and possibly invalidate their diplomas).

I don't think the Teenagers that commit these crime's would be bothered or even care if what you suggest was acted upon !!!

Thai TV and the role models it perceives  has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »

I don't think the Teenagers that commit these crime's would be bothered or even care if what you suggest was acted upon !!!

Thai TV and the role models it perceives  has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

I don't think they'd worry about the diplomas, Alan, but they wouldn't like it if the schools were closed.  They need an identity (this runs through so much of Thai culture... you have to belong to a group, and in this case the school is the group).  If the schools did not exist, there would be no 'other guys' to shoot.  I agree they would probably find another excuse for violence, though.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick