{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Can the Gay Forum either be scrapped, or restricted to gay topics?  (Read 23171 times)

isanbirder

Out of the nine topics in this section, four are about ladyboys i.e. not gay, and the last post on a gay topic was by me on November 11.

If we can't keep this intrusive matter off the Gay section, wouldn't it be better to scrap it altogether?  My own opinion is that there is not enough interest in a Gay section for a local forum.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Can the Gay Forum either be scrapped, or restricted to gay topics?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
So where would you want it to be?
It is related to Gay section and I can't find any other more match board to place it in.
............. your advice please. wave1

boloa

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Out of the nine topics in this section, four are about ladyboys i.e. not gay, and the last post on a gay topic was by me on November 11.

If we can't keep this intrusive matter off the Gay section, wouldn't it be better to scrap it altogether?  My own opinion is that there is not enough interest in a Gay section for a local forum.

I agree smilenod
On another forum I'm involved in we had to scrap the Lady Boy section because we to had to much gay stuff being posted on it  :laugh:

( Only a Light hearted joke Mike  mhihi )

Dave the Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
Alternative lifestyles?

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
So where would you want it to be?
It is related to Gay section and I can't find any other more match board to place it in.
............. your advice please. wave1

Travel?

As I keep saying, it is NOT related to gays.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:01:55 PM by ADMIN »

isanbirder

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »
Alternative lifestyles?

That's a psychobabble kind of expression, but it's more inclusive.  Problem is, almost all the people who post on it are not gay, or 'alternative', so I don't really see the point of it.  I just can't see the place for it on a local forum;  you need at least a backbone of gays (some of us have lots of backbone, before anyone makes the obvious joke!) to make it viable. 

isanbirder

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »

I agree smilenod
On another forum I'm involved in we had to scrap the Lady Boy section because we to had to much gay stuff being posted on it  :laugh:

( Only a Light hearted joke Mike  mhihi )

I love the idea of a Ladyboy section, but I doubt whether enough of them can read and write!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »
I love the idea of a Ladyboy section, but I doubt whether enough of them can read and write!

I still think we should keep the topic in the Gay section as it is related to the subject you must agree with me but even if not I am sure all will be happy to hear your insight regarding this subject and the differences.

Most importantly,
Buriram Expats is a free and open minded forum to all nations,opinions and Sexual orientations/preferences and I don't think we should close the Gay forum (I'm very surprised that you from all even suggested it) just because some narrow minded or Homophobic comments.
sawadi

Offline jimbo

• Contributor with future
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »
come on boys and girls .live and let live.

isanbirder

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:57 AM »

I still think we should keep the topic in the Gay section as it is related to the subject you must agree with me but even if not I am sure all will be happy to hear your insight regarding this subject and the differences.

Most importantly,
Buriram Expats is a free and open minded forum to all nations,opinions and Sexual orientations/preferences and I don't think we should close the Gay forum (I'm very surprised that you from all even suggested it) just because some narrow minded or Homophobic comments.
sawadi

No, I do not agree with you.  Transvestites and transsexuals tend to be lumped with gays simply because there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put them... not because there is any connection.  I shouldn't have mentioned the word Ladyboy, as that has so many different implications in Thailand that it is useless here.

I see little point in a gay forum if there are no gays.  Homophobic comments do not worry me in the least;  I'm used to them!  This is nothing to do with being open-minded or not;  it's simply a practical suggestion to cut out a bit of dead wood.

Dave the Dude

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 08:16:21 AM »
Alternative lifestyles?

That's a psychobabble kind of expression, but it's more inclusive.  Problem is, almost all the people who post on it are not gay, or 'alternative', so I don't really see the point of it.  I just can't see the place for it on a local forum;  you need at least a backbone of gays (some of us have lots of backbone, before anyone makes the obvious joke!) to make it viable. 

Sorry Mike, I just thought it was about time I dis-agreed with you!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
come on boys and girls .live and let live.
Valid Point Jimbo party4

isanbirder

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
Alternative lifestyles?

Sorry Mike, I just thought it was about time I dis-agreed with you!

It's OK, Dave, I thrive on being disagreed with!

boloa

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
The more I think about it ,the more I agree with Mike.
When I asked the wife( She who knows SFA ) today are Gays and Ladyboys the same She said " Don't be silly Gays are Gays and Ladyboys are Guys that dress up as women."
Its like having  Archery in a fishing section ,you can shoot a fish with an arrow but its not fishing in my book ..:-)
Archery would come under sport,fishing is a leisure activity ,not the same !!!!!

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
I would go along with Dave the Dude and have Alternative Lifestyles with 3 sub sections - gay, lesbian and transvestite/ladyboy.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick