{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Third-sex hostesses ready for takeoff  (Read 60109 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Third-sex hostesses ready for takeoff
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
Third-sex hostesses ready for takeoff
By The Nation
2011-01-25

Thai transsexuals were overjoyed as new airline P.C. Air yesterday took air hostess job applications from "third sex" candidates at Bangkok's Esplanade shopping mall.

Among the successful applicants was Miss Tiffany 2007 winner Thanyarat "Film" Jiraphatpakorn.
P.C. Air executive Peter Shan said the company had seen the potential of transsexuals to work as hostesses.

After passing the preliminary round, the transsexuals will undergo training along with female air-hostesses and will have a "third sex" name tag pinned to their uniform to avoid immigration issues, Shan explained.

The first batch of successful candidates consisted of 17 women, 10 men and three transsexuals.

Miss Tiffany 2007 winner Thanyarat, 23, said she was overjoyed to get the chance she had longed for.

"At first I thought they would just take applications but not actually recruit us, as happened at other places before," she said.

Another transsexual applicant, Panthakan Sri-ngern, 24, said she once applied for a hostess position at another airline but wasn't chosen. She said a friend who worked there later told her she was rejected because she was transsexual. She felt devastated by the discrimination.

Panthakan, who has a hospitality and tourism degree from Kasetsart University, said this time she hoped to succeed and was glad Thai society was now giving more opportunities to transsexuals.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Third-sex hostesses ready for takeoff
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:56:32 AM »
You either love them or loathe them.
I guess Jimbo ,Nick ,CC & DtD will become 'frequent fliers' on PC Air party4 icon_latest

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
I guess Jimbo ,Nick ,CC & DtD will become 'frequent fliers' on PC Air party4 icon_latest

On the contrary. I avoid them wherever I find them. Will go elsewhere if they are about to serve me in a shop. I would imagine they will be the downfall of this new airline.

boloa

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:36:08 AM »

On the contrary. I avoid them wherever I find them. Will go elsewhere if they are about to serve me in a shop. I would imagine they will be the downfall of this new airline.

You have never stuck me as  Homophobic in your postings Nick. :o
There could be a big difference between some Yaba-ed Up Lady-boy tart in Soi 6 and the  transsexual EX Miss Tiffany just trying to got on with her/his life and getting a respectable job as an Air Hostess . :unsure:
Next you'll be telling us all football fans are hooligans and all ex-pats are really just long term sex tourist. :laugh:
I for one try not to stereotype people and judge each person individually as I find them  mhihi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »

Hey, Don't get me involved in this 'bun fight.'

I 'm with Reverend Crisp(BOLOC) on this issue

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:28:16 AM »
I for one try not to stereotype people and judge each person individually as I find them  mhihi
stereotypes and lack of knowledge. thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
We are all entitled to our views.

Never came across them before coming to Thailand, and most of those that I have seen have mainly been in the bars and shops of Pattaya. They have repulsed me, and as such I try and avoid them. Personal preference!

isanbirder

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »
This thread is not about gays, and not about Buriram!

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »
This thread is not about gays, and not about Buriram!

It is about transexuals/transvestites, and their employment.

It concerns us all, be we in Buriram, Surin or wherever as we may fly with this airline.

Just realised Isanbirder's concern. It is in the gay section, and he has quite rightly pointed out it is not a gay matter.

Almog - please re-post the thread elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:07:18 AM by Prakhonchai Nick »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »

You have never stuck me as  Homophobic in your postings Nick. :o

My antipathy is towards transvestites and transsexuals and not towards gays

isanbirder

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »
Understood, Nick, and thanks.  I think a lot of people feel uncomfortable about 'ladyboys' in whatever guise;  I admit I do even though I have one longterm friend who has actually had the sex-change operation, and have met plenty of others.  The real objection, of course, is to those who hang around the bar scene and are so over-the-top female that they're obviously male!

And I do object to them being classed with gays.

boloa

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
I for one, when I get on a plane do not look at the Air Crew and think to myself  ,'That one could be a lesbian,that one could be gay,that one could be a Lady-boy ,I'm not flying with this company again '. :wacko:
If the service is good and the Air crew are polite and give you good service who give a flying fook what their sexual preferences are when their shift is over !!!!
And to say you would fly with an Airline because one  of an Air crews sexual preferences in the own time is not to your liking  just seems an odd way of looking at life and people in general. But as Nick has said "he is  entitled to his views" biggreen

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
I for one, when I get on a plane do not look at the Air Crew and think to myself  ,'That one could be a lesbian,that one could be gay,that one could be a Lady-boy ,I'm not flying with this company again '. :wacko:
If the service is good and the Air crew are polite and give you good service who give a flying fook what their sexual preferences are when their shift is over !!!!
And to say you would fly with an Airline because one  of an Air crews sexual preferences in the own time is not to your liking  just seems an odd way of looking at life and people in general. But as Nick has said "he is  entitled to his views" biggreen

We are not talking about sexual preferences. That is the difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals (gays)

This about transvestites. ...men who dress as women but  for the most part are still men, but pretending to be women. Yuk!

boloa

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »

This about transvestites. ...men who dress as women but  for the most part are still men, but pretending to be women. Yuk!

Here are two pictures of some of the applicants below ::)

Lets hope P C Air chose the right applicant Nick smilenod

We wouldn't want you being sick all over the plane ,would we Nick...YUK  thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
I rest my case!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM