{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Any good fishing in Buriram?  (Read 8972 times)

boloa

Any good fishing in Buriram?
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
I'm a keen fisherman and try to get my rod out a few times a week .So apart from Time Out which I have been to a few times, is there anywhere else in Buriram to have a good days fishing.It doesn't have to be a fishing park as I am quite apt at catching wild fish. biggreen Does anybody have a local village lake where the headman likes a beer or a few extra baht in his pocket  to allow the odd person to have a days fishing.Please don't tell me you have a small pond in the rice field as I have loads like that locally. I more interested in big lakes that don't get fished all that often that might hold a few surprises  thumbup
Cheers
Boloa   pray1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Any good fishing in Buriram?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
so many........ to count few:

1) Near Wat Isan temple.
2) The big river on Buriram-Prakhon Chai road (Road 219) may be an interesting option.
3) Ban Samet have big river there.
4) Ban Prasat near Wat Kradun Thon have big river there. (Road 219, Buriram-Satuk).
5) Satuek have huge river there, you may want to try, I think it has an ideal location, facilities like the park beside the river and have good breeze there.
6) Ban Kok Lek (Near Ban Yang village,Buriram).

AND MORE....  boatsailing

Basically, almost every village have a local lake where there are wild or less wild fishes.. :o
I'm not sure which place it is allowed to fish or not, I think the locals fishing in places it is not permitted also so you need to check it as well, just take a tour there and see if you are welcome to sit there and fishing, usually will have some groups fishing already in places where it is allowed.
Bring a case of cool beers and I'm sure you will find lots of friends.  bigok  party4

boloa

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »
Thanks Admin I will get my map out and have a look. We have a few rivers near me that look so picturesque , some I'm quite sure Constable  would have been  happy painting but they seem to be devoid of any fish that are over 2" long ,mainly due to all the nets in the water.There are lots of lovely places for me to sit locally but I am more interested in catching fish,not just sitting around having a chat and a beer ( that's for fishing parks  rolleyesbar ) .So has anybody got any little secret dead certs that they wouldn't mind sharing with a fellow fisherman thumbup

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »
Any good place to get Snakeheads?

Offline jc7

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
Does anyone know anywhere near Ban Kruat?

Offline Welsh Wonder

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
Apart from fishing parks in Surin and Korat the only thing your catch is Sun-stroke.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick