{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Public health has alert the public about the danger of boozing and eating poison  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
27/11/2010

Public health has alert the public about the danger of boozing and eating poisonous animals.

See full article + Video in the News section:

http://www.buriramexpats.com/buriram-news/

sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Hi Bums

You could not make it up! pray1 hahaha

TBWG sawadi

Offline freshy

• Contributor with future
Do not worry, when the expats meet expats it will bring a warm feeling. So there will not be boozing to alleviated the cold but boozing for sharing a good time.
I hope so.
giggle

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
More Thais die of alcohol poisoning than coldness
- NNT 2011-02-06

BANGKOK, 6 January 2011 (NNT) - The Public Health Ministry has reported that 28 out of 30 people initially presumed dead from winter coldness actually died of alcohol poisoning.

According to Deputy Public Health Minister Dr Phansiri Kullanartsiri, since winter began on 5 November 2010 until 29 January 2011, 30 people were reported dead from winter related causes.

The Bureau of Epidemiology under the Department of Disease Control stated that 28 out of these 30 dead were caused by alcohol poisoning because they were not in the winter disaster zones nor wearing warm clothes. Therefore Dr Phansiri concluded the number of people who died from winter this year so far was only two.

She said 85 percent of those who died of alcohol were male, and 63 percent were alcoholics or drinking just before they died. She added more than half of them had congenital diseases such as heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, and epilepsy.

The Deputy Minister advised people in winter disaster zones to wear warm clothes, refrain from alcoholic beverages because alcohol could not protect them from coldness.

isanbirder

The headline of this clip is very misleading, though the article is clear enough.  How many Thais die annually from alcohol abuse?  I should think lao kao and the privately distilled  versions must account for quite a few.

boloa

Sounds like Statistics is the killer to me  :unsure:

I wonder how many had eaten rice before they died  ::)

redrover

The headline of this clip is very misleading, though the article is clear enough.  How many Thais die annually from alcohol abuse?  I should think lao kao and the privately distilled  versions must account for quite a few.
Road deaths must be in the equation somewhere, yes?

isanbirder

Road deaths must be in the equation somewhere, yes?

Not quite the same thing, but related.  One way or another, the prevalent drunkenness accounts for a lot of deaths... younger people, drunken driving;  older people, usually just alcohol abuse.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick