{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Can A Sponsor Revoke Their Support?  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Can A Sponsor Revoke Their Support?
« on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
I read this discussion in another forum and thought it might be interesting subject to talk about.

So, you decided to bring your Thai girlfriend you just met and you make a tourist visa for your girlfriend and the immigration in your country want you to guarantee her stay in the country, along with some deposit in some cases in order to secure she will leave at the end of the "holiday".

What if she decide she leaves you once she inside the country?
Can she do it?
Can you make her leave the country? (after all, you brought her there and sponsor/guarantee her).
Can she get a job and this way get a new extention of stay with her employee letter/salary slips?

Just a few thoughts for all of you.  reiki1

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Can A Sponsor Revoke Their Support?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
 confused4
Yes it is always a worry.
Anyway there is nothing stopping your girlfriend from walking out the door once you have brought her to your home country. Many have done so!

Legally she cannot get a job as she is only on a tourist visa. and would be in the country illegally if she overstays her visa.
You cannot make her leave before her time, all you can do is report to the authorities that she has disappeared, and hopefully they will find her and deport her back to where she came from!

You maybe liable for the cost of this as you are her sponsor! grin

I know a thai lady from Pattaya that got a visitors visa to come and see her boyfriend, (in England). She phoned me before she was leaving Thailand and wondered if I could pick her up from the airport as she did not love her boyfriend and wanted to stay with me for her visit! confused4

jumping8 its terrible how bad the phone connection can be sometimes between Thailand and Britain! whistle

Offline Murtle_71

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »
Agree she would be on a tourist visa so working is out of the question....

They would be able to trace her phone calls if she has a phone and would have explain how she is going to fund her stay....

If she cant she would be on the next flight home.....

If she found another friend to stay with then she might get away with staying with the new friend, but highly unlikely.

Offline Bigbus

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
Very interesting topic.....

Something very similar happened to me but it was not my Thai girlfriend but my Thai wife.....We were married in Thailand and brought her to Canada to see if she would like it before applying for a Permanent Residency...her entry visa was good for 6 months on a tourist visa....after 3 months she liked it in Canada and we applied for her Permanent Residency status.....which would take approximately 18 months from the time of entry.....when your on a tourist visa and have applied for Permanent Residency that is your ticket to stay in the Canada until you become a Permanent Resident.

After she was here for 6 months she wanted to bring over her son for a good education...so we applied for Permanent Resident status for him, I was her sponsor and was a cosponsor for her son.....once she become a Permanent Resident she had left with another man who promised her a better life as she said...but found out it wasn't what she thought......I was responsible for her for 3 years...so that worked out to be about 18 months.....and there was no way to kick her out of the country for what she had done....

Her son had become a Permanent Resident after she had left....he had come to Canada and I had no way to cancel my sponsorship because the application was in progress.....even though I was a cosponsor I was responsible for him for 10 years....since he was a minor....the only thing that saved my ass with him was he got hook up with a bad group of kids after here for about 2 years and got into the gang system at the age of 14...I was not happy about that because I was his cosponsor....So what I did was tangle the carrot and said we should come back with me and see his grandparents who he had not seen for about 2 years.....it took me a while but he came along.....once we were in Thailand and he was with his grandparents I said see ya and hope you like Thailand again.......

My divorce is almost processed and I'm no longer responsible for her...and no long for her kid since he is now back in Thailand....

Many of my Canadian friends have asked me why you keep going back to Thailand when this is happened to you....my answer was this happens all over and I just met a bad apple and can't blame Thailand for what happened.....I was a little more cautious finding my next lady which took about 3 years but have found another which I think is Mrs. right....who I have been with now for just over 3 years..

The question is would I bring her back to Canada....maybe to visit with me together but not to live....I will be retiring in Buriram in the next 18 months since the new lady is from Lahansai....when I'm in Thailand about 4 times a year I split my time between Korat and Buriram.....

Live must go on......

Offline The-Queen-Of-Chinatown

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
What a real eye-opener your story was. At the end of the day, your first wife lost out for being greedy and it has all back fired on her! I'm glad you have found love in the proper sence of the word.
 I too spend time traveling backwards and forwards between the United Kindom and buriram.... I wouldn't change it for the world!
Now......where did I put that passport?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM