{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Swedish Kim Faces the Death Penalty in Thailand  (Read 12187 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Swedish Kim Faces the Death Penalty in Thailand
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »
Swedish Kim Faces the Death Penalty in Thailand

The Swedish daily Expressen published on Sunday 10 October an interview with Kim Roger Eriksson, 29, who was earlier this year arrested and charged with setting up a laboratory to produce the illegal drug "Ya E". Among other things he told the newspaper's Foreign Correspondent Michael Topffer that he is aware that he risks to get the death penalty for possession and production of more than 53 grams of methamphetamine.
    During the entire interview the Swede is referred to as Kim Sirawan, which is his Thai wife's last name that he took when they married. When the Swede was arrested in mid-July. 2010, his full name was Kim Roger Eriksson, and scandasia.com prefer to stick to that name.
    Kim Eriksson, who originally is from the north western part of Sweden, explains about the condition in Klong Prem prison in Bangkok, where fights and drugs is a part of a violent environment.
    He came to Thailand a couple of years ago and has been active in the Swedish real estate sector in the country, he says.
    Kim Roger Eriksson claims he is innocent, According to him he hasn’t done what he is accused of. The laboratory, which the police found, he says, was not attempted to produce.
    "I would not produce anything, just learn how it works. The knowledge I would just re-sell," he claims.
    He puts the blame for the whole mess on another Swedish man, a chemist whom he hired to teach him how a laboratory would work.
    Kim Roger Eriksson suspects that the man also worked as an informer for the police. He disappeared shortly before the raid, which according Kim was led by the U.S. drug police DEA.

Origin source: http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/1.2168536/svenska-kim-riskerar-dodsstraff-i-thailand

isanbirder

Re: Swedish Kim Faces the Death Penalty in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I'm sorry for the guy, but his nationality is irrelevant.  Any foreigner who meddles with the drug trade should be treated exactly the same as any Thai.

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »
"Only set up laboratory to see how it works"  coooommmmmeeeee oooonnnn!

You do not do these things if he did not want to produce the stuff why did he set up the laboratory!

den Buut

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
If he gets an honest trial and gets accused I hope he gets the same punishment as any Thai, which he deserves.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »
"Only set up laboratory to see how it works"  coooommmmmeeeee oooonnnn!

You do not do these things if he did not want to produce the stuff why did he set up the laboratory!

He was testing his new IKEA table, ,just a matter of practice.. hahaha

but seriously, why he did it to himself? so young, look good, probably have some money not from this business, pity really.  confused3
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:39:03 PM by ADMIN »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:42 AM »
As far as I know rhey've never executed farangs here,commuting the sentence to life imprisonment

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
As far as I know they've never executed farangs here,commuting the sentence to life imprisonment

I have heard Thai prison is one of the hardest in the world.
many people in one room,no space between prisoners and together with people who sick and can get deadly disease easily.
just what I have heard.. sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM