{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Water purifiers. Recommendations please.  (Read 11204 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Water purifiers. Recommendations please.
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
Hi,

I need to buy Water purifier for home usage, drinking water mainly (some purify the water for shower only, but that's fine in my house... I think..).

Anyway, I did some short check and it is recommended by most shops to buy "MAZUMA" water purifier.
There are so many kinds and I'm so confused which one to choose, its just for 2-4 people to use at home.

Does UV filter important?

Plastic or Stainless steel? (the inside same filters..but does the body itself change the water taste?).

I have been to Big-C Buriram, there is a promotion on "Mazuma", instead of 2400~, now its 1300 Baht, 3 filters: Carbon,Ceramic, Raisin.

Went to "Home Pro" Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) and looked into so many options, its also financially and also I want to buy the right water purifier filters, I don't want to buy and the water will taste bad or smell bad because its not effective.

A friend told me it might be a waste of money because water is so cheap here so he just bought the water stand and buy/order one of those BIG bottles of water being sold in the city around, always available and cost just 15 Baht (replace empty bottle with big bottle).

but anyway I need advice because its for the village where there is no water bottles supply. 

Mazuma:
http://www.mazuma.co.th/index_eng.html

Heavy Duty water purifier:  jumping8

Master Pure:
http://masterpure.com/id7.html

Offline jamesthailand

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Water purifiers. Recommendations please.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »
in my gf home in the village we always drink from the tap.
there is also a tank to collect water from the rain but I don't know if they are using it anymore.

Offline swimming pizza

• amazing thailand.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
I have the simple 3 filters with the uv unit on top,bought it in buriram HOME MART, water taste good but I can't say how is it without the uv, I understand the uv is important to kill some very important bacteria but I don't know much about it.
its convenience, I hate to carry these big bottles and refill, filters at home good idea IMHO.

Offline fox

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »
I always buy drinking bottles from the minimart beside my house, not expensive and no maintenance of the system. works for me.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 11:48:18 AM »
Thanks for all the comments, eventually I decided to buy the MAZUMA, it seems like very popular brand so its probably good enough and easy to find filters for its models.

Also the price was attractive and good value for my opinion, it costed me 2990 Baht.
3 filters + UV (Ceramic, Carbon, Resin + UV).

I didn't bought the Stainless steel unit as it didn't had UV filter add on so I realized its all about the filters and not the body of the system, plastic is also from a very good quality and look very resistible.

sawadi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »
Hi, slightly off topic..
After a 6 day absence cleaning my few remaining teeth this morning felt like swilling with diesel. Obviously something seriously wrong with the water. So my questions: do these filters remove traces of pesticides, weed killers and so on as well as making it taste nice? Serious toxic substances often don't have a taste. Where can I get water analysed, must I go to Koirat?
 I am not a hypochondriac, just don't want to be swilling my teeth with beer tonight - anybody given this any thought?

thanks

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM