{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: A Glimpse of Bangkok.  (Read 17957 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
A Glimpse of Bangkok.
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »
A Glimpse of Bangkok (Thailand's capital town) streets, shopping centers, seller vendors and more..  cool3

"Central World" mall under constructions
http://www.centralworld.co.th/Default-en.aspx

*This is after the fire happend (the red shirts protesters burnt the place) and will be partly opened on 28th September 2010.
You can still see the signs of fire in some levels, it will take time until all will be repaired and opened again.

Royal Thai police head office, Bangkok.

http://www.royalthaipolice.go.th/

If you make a Visa to travel abroad to your wife/girlfriend, This is where she will be required to go and issue a certificate letter state she has no criminal record for the Embassy.

MBK Shopping mall Center, Bangkok.
http://www.mbk-center.co.th/en/index.php
Top fashion, Electronic, Food and more,  Mall & Shopping plaza in Bangkok, Thailand.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:12:46 AM by ADMIN »

Offline fox

• Contributor with future
Re: A Glimpse of Bangkok.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
great videos, give good feeling of Bangkok. at first I didn't liked Bangkok at all but once you know how to navigate and tour the city with the BTS sky train, all simple and fun to travel even.
too bad many people still stuck on traffic with taxi meters and tuk tuks motorcycles.........  giggle  vespa013
Bangkok has so much to offer, nightlife, daytime shopping and parks, but all that said, to enjoy Bangkok has on offer you need enough money, otherwise its smelly, busy and too crowded at times.
 monkeydancing

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
Thanks fox.  grin

Few more videos we took for you...... Can you feel it? smell it?.... :o

Pratunam market is like the best place to buy clothes in wholesale prices, "Platinum" mall is with the same stock of textile products but more focus of the latest fashion clothes, but cover any fashion style you or your lady like.
Endless lines of shops selling so many things, and CHEAP!
Example: Lady jeans cost there 100 Baht / Buriram 500 Baht.
Obviously all the Buriram sellers buying their products from this market or others in Bangkok to sell here...
In one sentence:
Heaven for women, Nightmare for men!   >:D  letitallout

pratunam market area bangkok city traffic.

Pratunam Market (Thai: ประตูน้ำ) is one of Bangkok's major markets, focusing on clothes which makes it Thailand's largest clothing market. The name Pratunam means Water gate.

The market is open 24 hours a day with varying offerings, from 9-20 (in reality more like 11-18) the retail shops are open, later on the evening outdoor stalls mainly geared for tourists come to populate the street sides. It's located at the intersection of Ratchaprarop and Phetburi roads in the district Ratchathewi. This is maybe the cheapest market for buying clothes, fabrics and textiles in central Bangkok, while the Chatuchak Weekend Market probably is the low price leader. Other merchandise include watches, handicraft and others.

You can reach the market by BTS Skytrain Sukhumvit Line at Ratchathewi Station; from there, exit down the right-hand stairs, take a right at the next main intersection, Ratchathewi, and walk down Phetchaburi Road until you see Platinum department store, the market is directly across the street from Platinum Fashion Mall. Or exit at another BTS Chit Lom station, turn north (right) at the Gaysorn Plaza corner, Ratchaprasong intersection, and walk past BigC and CentralWorld to the next intersection of Pratu Nam.

Pratunam market covers the whole area around and behind Amari Watergate and Indra Regent hotels with the rainbow colored Baiyoke I hotel and the towering Baiyoke Tower II hotels inside it. If you're a tourist do not hesitate to enter the small alleyways and jampacked small streets, the area is very safe unless you do something stupid like keep your wallet in your back pocket. If the area looks unappealing you might consider doing your clothes shopping at nearby Platinum Fashion Mall.

pratunam platinum fashion shopping mall one stop wholesale shopping bangkok.
"Platinum" mall website: http://www.platinumfashionmall.com/

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
Did you know? 'Mo Chit' bus terminal Bangkok facts about TAXI

If you go Bangkok by bus, arriving 'Mo Chit' bus terminal and want to take a Taxi, there is an arranged area where all the Taxi pass to pick customers coming from the bus station.

3 facts:

1) They have to pay 10 Baht fee (for the workers gave them the customer).

2) They are not allowed to pick up customers if they are not in the line (kind of 'tollway' for Taxi), one Taxi guy stopped for me as he came from inside bus station and could have saved me some walking.. the staff ran to me and shout!! NO NO .. not allowing the Taxi to get a job without paying them, and me... I had to continue to their 'Taxi tollway', later my wife told me its not only about the money (I pity on the Taxi guy....) and said its done as SECURITY because Taxi that not pass their line is not registered with them,.. never mind if he have a car licence plate of Taxi (YELLOW) and all stickers on.
*I still think its about money because what makes the difference if you stop the Taxi on the street or in their line? nothing..... Taxi just pass in their line because they want to catch jobs from 'Mo Chit' bus station and its the only way to do it.

3) Worst destination request for a Taxi in 'Mo Chit': 'Mo Chit' BTS station. hahaha
They have to take the job anyway, 'Mo chit' rules..... and why they are so sad when getting this destination? Going with the 'Meter', it will cost 40-50~ Baht MAX, deduct the 10 Baht fee he just paid to get this job....  brick1

That's it for now, please write your reviews on places you have been around Thailand more often, its very interesting to read.

Yours. sawadi
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:46:56 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
Suvarnabhumi Bangkok International Airport.
Bangkok Airport Website: http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/

Some Background:
Suvarnabhumi Airport (Thai: ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ, pronounced [sùwannápum) (IATA: BKK, ICAO: VTBS) (meaning 'Golden Land'), also known as (New) Bangkok International Airport, is an international airport serving Bangkok, Thailand.
It was officially opened for limited domestic flight service on 15 September 2006, and opened for most domestic and all international commercial flights on 28 September.

The airport is currently the main hub for Thai Airways International, Bangkok Airways, Orient Thai Airlines, Thai AirAsia and will be a hub for the new Thai Tiger Airways.

The airport is located in Racha Thewa in Bang Phli district, Samut Prakan Province, about 25 kilometres (16 mi) east of downtown Bangkok. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by King Bhumibol Adulyadej and refers to the golden kingdom hypothesised to have been located somewhere in Southeast Asia.

Designed by Helmut Jahn of Murphy/Jahn Architects, the airport has the world's tallest control tower (132.2 metres / 434 feet), and the world's third largest single-building airport terminal (563,000 square metres / 6,060,000 square feet). Suvarnabhumi is the 5th busiest airport in Asia, having handled 40.5 million passengers in 2009, and is also a major air cargo hub. The airport inherited the airport code BKK from Don Mueang after the older airport ceased international commercial flights. A modern motorway connects the airport, Bangkok, and the heavily industrial Eastern Seaboard of Thailand, where most of the manufacturing for export takes place.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suvarnabhumi_Airport

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:35:00 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
Bangkok Tollways.

Bangkok has many tollways around the city and the cost varies between 25-90 Baht.
(Usually = 30-60 Baht).

There are ways to avoid these tollways but I personally don't think its worth the effort, risk to get into traffic jam, fuel cost sometimes.. just take the shortest way even if tollways need to be paid.
*On the way of Buriram/Surin - Bangkok need to pay TWICE tollway fees.

Note:
If you take a Taxi in Bangkok, make sure the Taxi use meter only, usually the driver will have to ask you in advance if you agree to pay tollway to make the way shorter, I always agree because I have no patient to stuck in traffic jam in the Taxi, might cost you the same as if not use tollway the way will be longer/slower and the meter will keep ticking...  2guys

Dong Muang Tollway company: http://www.tollway.co.th/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
Khao San Road, Bangkok.

The History of Khao San Road

When Bangkok was established in 1782, the center of the town was the Grand Palace area.
For two centuries Khao San Road, which is 20 minutes walk from the Palace, remained a quiet residential area for the locals. Thailand's most prominent lawyer/senator, Mr. Marute Bunnag and a billionaire medicine doctor/member of the House of Representatives, Dr. Decha Sukharom, started their careers in this prestigious area decades ago with small offices near the Police Station on Khao San Road.

How did the tranquil road turn out to be a Mecca for travelers? On the brink of Thailand's economic boom in 1982, the Thai Government issued its policy to commemorate Bangkok's bicentennial anniversary and celebrate the Buddhist calendar's lucky year "2525", by launching festive ceremonies in Bangkok to bring in tourist dollars. Tourists poured in from around the world, causing Bangkok's hotels to overflow with bookings. The most spectacular festivities were performed in the Grand Palace.

Some backpackers, unable to get an overpriced room, successfully convinced local residents on Khao San Road to rent out vacant rooms in their houses, reasoning that, in return, the guest house owners could earn some extra income and it was convenient for them to travel to their destinations. The guest house business generated more profits than any amateur entrepreneur ever expected. Before long, more guesthouses, restaurants and souvenir shops sprouted along the road in full bloom.

ใครๆ ก็อดไม่ได้ที่จะหลงรักกรุงเทพฯ เพราะความพิเศษเฉพาะตัวที่ไม่สามารถหาได้จากเมืองใดในโลก (แม้ว่าบางครั้งเราจะอดที่จะบ่นกระปอดกระแปดถึงเรื่องหงุดหงิดใจต่างๆ ในเมืองหลวงแห่งนี้ไม่ได้ แต่ลึกๆ แล้วเราก็ต่างหลงรักเมืองแห่งนี้จนถอนตัวไม่ขึ้น)             

ถ้าเปรียบกรุงเทพฯ เป็นหญิงสาว กรุงเทพฯ ไม่ใช่หญิงสาวที่สวยหมดจด แต่เจ้าหล่อนกลับเปี่ยมเสน่ห์อันอัดแน่นไปด้วยบุคลิกที่หลากหลาย บางบุคลิกนั้นแสนขัดแย้งกันอย่างรุนแรง แต่แท้จริงแล้วทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างกลับผสมผสานอย่างลงตัวเพื่อหลอมรวมเป็นกรุงเทพมหานคร---เมืองหลวงของเรา

เราหาดูทุกอย่างได้ในกรุงเทพฯ ทั้งความวิจิตรตระการตาของแหล่งวัฒนธรรม เช่น พระราชวัง พิพิธภัณฑ์ และย่านชุมชนเมืองอันเก่าแก่ ความเร่งรีบของสังคมเมืองในย่านโรงงาน ย่านการค้า และย่านสำนักงาน ไปถึงความรื่นรมย์ในห้างสรรพสินค้าอันแสนหรูหราสะดวกสบาย การดำรงชีวิตอย่างมีสไตล์ของคนชั้นกลางและความหรูหราของคนร่ำรวย รวมไปถึงกลิ่นอายชนบทของเมืองไทยที่ซ่อนอยู่ในชุมชนแออัดต่างๆ ในกรุงเทพ

Source and much more information about Khao San road area:
http://www.khaosanroad.com/

Pubs, Clubs and Bars in Banglampoo (Khao San Road):
http://www.khaosanroad.com/directory/listing_list.php?cat_id=31&city_id=52&country_id=1&char=A

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:15:27 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS)
Operates Bangkok's skytrain - a rail based mass transit system.
http://www.bts.co.th/en/index.asp

A Fantastic way to travel and tour Bangkok big city, Avoid traffic and Save money.
Take a Taxi Meter service only where the BTS line is not passing.
Usually I travel between the BTS stations and take a Taxi Meter short journeys to my destination.

Look at the BTS route map here:
http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp

BTS Mo Chit station to Mo Chit Bus Station:
There are city buses doing this route but they are slower than Taxi Meter therefore I usually take a Taxi Meter which cost about 50-60 Baht.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:45:34 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
Did you know? 'Mo Chit' bus terminal Bangkok facts about TAXI

If you go Bangkok by bus, arriving 'Mo Chit' bus terminal and want to take a Taxi, there is an arranged area where all the Taxi pass to pick customers coming from the bus station.

3 facts:

1) They have to pay 10 Baht fee (for the workers gave them the customer).

2) They are not allowed to pick up customers if they are not in the line (kind of 'tollway' for Taxi), one Taxi guy stopped for me as he came from inside bus station and could have saved me some walking.. the staff ran to me and shout!! NO NO .. not allowing the Taxi to get a job without paying them, and me... I had to continue to their 'Taxi tollway', later my wife told me its not only about the money (I pity on the Taxi guy....) and said its done as SECURITY because Taxi that not pass their line is not registered with them,.. never mind if he have a car licence plate of Taxi (YELLOW) and all stickers on.
*I still think its about money because what makes the difference if you stop the Taxi on the street or in their line? nothing..... Taxi just pass in their line because they want to catch jobs from 'Mo Chit' bus station and its the only way to do it.

3) Worst destination request for a Taxi in 'Mo Chit': 'Mo Chit' BTS station. hahaha
They have to take the job anyway, 'Mo chit' rules..... and why they are so sad when getting this destination? Going with the 'Meter', it will cost 40-50~ Baht MAX, deduct the 10 Baht fee he just paid to get this job....  brick1

That's it for now, please write your reviews on places you have been around Thailand more often, its very interesting to read.

Yours. sawadi
Sometimes at peak times like early in the morning. you have to be little bit pushy to get on a Taxi (If you wait quite in the crowd it will take long time).
sawadi

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:54:49 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
Shoppig  jumping8 shopping  crazydance shopping  moneysmile shopping  newargue shopping  congrats shopping..... knuppel2

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick