{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 30 day visa extension...where to get????  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Boundstone

• http://buriramexpats.com/
30 day visa extension...where to get????
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
well hello all in Buriram etc....

im a newbie.....so please bare with me. I am stayin with my girlfriend in prakhon chai area and upon arriving in Thailand i was given the usaual 30 day tourist visa. I am staying here for 2 months in total or  actually 59 days, therefore i need to get my visa extended.
Please can you help me by suggesting the best and easiest way to get this. I have recently come to understand that i can get the 30 day extension for free , due to the Thai gov putting the extension in place for free until march 2011, is this true. Anyway, im sure someone will have some info on here.....cheers

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: 30 day visa extension...where to get????
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
well hello all in Buriram etc....

I'm a newbie.....so please bare with me. I am staying with my girlfriend in prakhon chai area and upon arriving in Thailand i was given the usual 30 day tourist visa. I am staying here for 2 months in total or  actually 59 days, therefore i need to get my visa extended.
Please can you help me by suggesting the best and easiest way to get this. I have recently come to understand that i can get the 30 day extension for free , due to the Thai gov putting the extension in place for free until march 2011, is this true. Anyway, I'm sure someone will have some info on here.....cheers

Free tourist visa promotion is only when applying for visa overseas (outside of Thailand), in your case, you have no Visa, just a VOA (Visa On Arrival) you have got at the airport. 

OK, your options are like this:

1) Go to any immigration office inside Thailand and pay 1900 Baht and get 7 days to leave the country.

2) On the date of your 30 days VOA (visa on arrival) expired go to any border, cross & come back Thailand and get 15 days.

*You can do it with no limit, in your case: TWICE.

Closest border to Buriram/Prakhon Chai:

Thailand - Cambodia border.
Chong Chom, Surin.

http://www.buriramexpats.com/visa-run/

Buriram Expats provide Visa Run express service.
if you are interesting in doing it with us please contact us:

Tel: 081-0704750
Email: info@buriramexpats.com

sawadi

Offline Boundstone

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
Thankyou so much for this info, i will be going to chong chom.

Just like to say what a great site, very quick on the response.

Dave the Dude

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »
When doing a 'Visa run' by land you will get 15 days. When flying out of the country and then back in by air you will get 30 Days.
Its going to cost you at least 1500b every time without the cost for transport. To be honest you should have got a 6 month visa in your home country, but as you are past that now, you may want to consider costing out one visit to Thai Consalate in Lao to obtain a Non Immigrant 'O' visa for say 6 months?

I have recently been informed that proof of funds is not asked for there!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
He will be staying in Thailand for 2 months in total or actually 59 days, not worth it to make this Laos trip, He can do twice Thailand-Cambodia border trip. No hassle. sawadi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
He will be staying in Thailand for 2 months in total or actually 59 days, not worth it to make this Laos trip, He can do twice Thailand-Cambodia border trip. No hassle. sawadi

Its not exactly the most interesting place to spend 2 days of your holiday at, is it though? confused1 Thats all I was getting at; other options to consider that might be more enjoyable at the same time as fulfilling a need.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »

Its not exactly the most interesting place to spend 2 days of your holiday at, is it though? confused1 That's all I was getting at; other options to consider that might be more enjoyable at the same time as fulfilling a need.

He will be staying with his girlfriend in Prakhon Chai, Buriram. 1.5 hour away from the border.

I doubt he will favor a trip to FAR Laos in this case.   monkeydancing

Laos is a nice country of course....  sissies

Offline Boundstone

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »
Update on visa Run - Thailand - Cambodia border. Chong Chom, Surin.

Hi guys and thankyou for all your suggestions and info regarding visa extension. I opted for Chong Chom border as suggested by the BE team, due to the fact its only 1.5 hours and the total trip cost me approx. 3000 baht, which i thought was pretty good.

Taxi = 1000 + 100 tip
visa = 1100
Overstay of 1 day 500
payment for GF of 100 baht becoz she forgot passport
Payment to cambodian police man of 100 baht, i dont know why, i just payed.
payment to the little man who wrote out all the forms, showed me where to go and told me what to do for next time = 200

So all in all not to bad, would of saved 600 baht if no overstay and GF passport.

We left at 7:00 from Prakhon Chai, drove down possibly the longest road i have ever seen , passed the market where theres been troubles with cambodia, its quite blatant to see. Arrived at the border at about 8:30,  out the car, meet a little man, he took us around and completed everything for me. Back in the car by 9:00, couldnt believe how quick it was, we stopped at the market on the way back so GF and her mum could buy the shite they dont really need, but hey, thats women for ya, oh i did get a nice ice coffee tho. We were home by 11:00, bloody brilliant. I may consider Laos another time, when i need a longer visa, but Chong Chom in my opinion was fast and effective..Cheers All have a good day

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick