{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Christmas Lunch in Buriram  (Read 19573 times)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Christmas Lunch in Buriram
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
I have heard that 3, possibly 4 places will be serving Christmas Lunch on Dec 25th, yet surprisingly no mention has yet been made on this website.

The Bamboo bar, French restaurant, and Chris (formerly red Ribbon) are all understood to be doing something, whilst Paddys has declared their intention to do a lunch, but that will depend on whether it is an open or closed day!

From what I hear the French restaurant is serving pork (don't they realise Christmas like Thanksgiving requires turkey?), whilst Chris is proposing an Australian lunch, with an alternative to good old roast potatoes - WTF?

At present the Bamboo looks like the best bet, but with so many choices, it seems likely that they will all be a flop!

Lets have some full details please of what really is on offer, prices, times and book by dates.

dave the dude

Re: Christmas Lunch in Buriram
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:34:58 PM »
I have heard that 3, possibly 4 places will be serving Christmas Lunch on Dec 25th, yet surprisingly no mention has yet been made on this website.

The Bamboo bar, French restaurant, and Chris (formerly red Ribbon) are all understood to be doing something, whilst Paddys has declared their intention to do a lunch, but that will depend on whether it is an open or closed day!

From what I hear the French restaurant is serving pork (don't they realise Christmas like Thanksgiving requires turkey?), whilst Chris is proposing an Australian lunch, with an alternative to good old roast potatoes - WTF?

At present the Bamboo looks like the best bet, but with so many choices, it seems likely that they will all be a flop!

Lets have some full details please of what really is on offer, prices, times and book by dates.

Or pop over to Surin for the 'real deal' and at 850b a couple or 500b a single diner inc one free drink, I think its very reasonable.
See...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Christmas-Fc-t222351.html

for details.

Dave No.1

Offline claus31130

• Contributor with future
    • Nielsen's Danish Website about Farming in Thailand
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
...........(don't they realise Christmas like Thanksgiving requires turkey?)...........
Maybe it requires that in US , but not in Europe......actually where i come fro .most people eats roast duck and/or roast pork....
So different cultures different food party7

Claus

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »

So different cultures different food

Claus

Very true.

However the UK (England Scotland, Wales and N Ireland) + the real Ireland traditionally eat turkey. My main point was not so much the menu, but why don't those providing a lunch get online and say so. Otherwise many Buriramians, myself included, will be off to Surin as outlined by Dave the Dude. If you've got something to sell, let the people know!

dave the dude

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:57:51 AM »

Claus

Very true.

However the UK (England Scotland, Wales and N Ireland) + the real Ireland traditionally eat turkey. My main point was not so much the menu, but why don't those providing a lunch get online and say so. Otherwise many Buriramians, myself included, will be off to Surin as outlined by Dave the Dude. If you've got something to sell, let the people know!

Fair comment!

It would be nice to see you all on Xmas day at "Mountains Place" (as my wife calls it  fighting1 happy1)

Dave No1

Offline Bicko

• Contributor with future
  • Muang Tam temple
    • Enjoying our success
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »

Claus

Very true.

Fair comment!

It would be nice to see you all on Xmas day at "Mountains Place" (as my wife calls it  fighting1 happy1)

Dave No1

Hey Dave what is "Mountains place?"
If you are planning to go to Surin then make sure you check that  all is in order, well in advance. Last year a big crowd of us went there for Christmas lunch and were let down very badly - they forgot to take the Christmas puddings out of the freezer!!!!!! so no pud but still had paid full price. Compensation was offered
- duhhhh - a free drink!!! We went there particularly for the pudding. Can get roast turkey and roast spuds any time or cook it at home.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

Dave No1

I hope "Mountain" is paying you well to be his sales tout!

Surin's a long way, and Christmas day is a time for the kids when they come home from school. So sadly won't be coming along. Hope it all goes well.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:56:37 AM »
Hy guys Surin will be worth a visit but time to book is running out ,its always a good crack there , Christmas day .good choice too turkey or roast pork ! There will be loads of people there 100 plus .ok guys might see some of you there ,thanks now Alanthebuilder… hungry1

dave the dude

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »

Dave No1

I hope "Mountain" is paying you well to be his sales tout!

Surin's a long way, and Christmas day is a time for the kids when they come home from school. So sadly won't be coming along. Hope it all goes well.

If only!  happy3

Glad you didn't call me his groupie  :D :D :D

I live in Surin and drive over to Buriram to meet the 'Rambo's'. Its no problem for me as I am used to London traffic  confused4 PLUS me and the wife share everything. I drive there and she drives me ( party4 ) home.

Enjoy whereever you go

Dave

Offline farangconnection

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

Claus

Very true.

Fair comment!

Dave No1

Hey Dave what is "Mountains place?"
If you are planning to go to Surin then make sure you check that  all is in order, well in advance. Last year a big crowd of us went there for Christmas lunch and were let down very badly - they forgot to take the Christmas puddings out of the freezer!!!!!! so no pud but still had paid full price. Compensation was offered
- duhhhh - a free drink!!! We went there particularly for the pudding. Can get roast turkey and roast spuds any time or cook it at home.

If I remember right, all those that "complained'  character2 about their lack of Xmas pud, was given a free whole pud  confused4to take home. I got no complaints and everybody seemed most happy. happy2 But if the big crowd ( 4 I think) would like to come this year, as you only came for the pudding, I'm sure we could serve you up as much as you can eat for the 850฿ hungry1    party4

Offline farangconnection

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
Seriously folks..............There are still a few places left for our annual bash, although I know a lot of you readers are already booked. Regretably last year we did forgot to take the puds out, so most people went home with more than they bargained for. That's the big problem when you organise three sittings and 100 people turn up at once screaming for their dinners. Menu this year is:
Roast Turkey
Cranberry sauce
Roast Potatoes
Yorkshire puddings
Peas
Carrote
Cauliflower/Broccolli
Gravy
xxxxxxxxx
Mince Pies & Xmas Pud with Devon Custard.
Price:
A mere 500฿ singles
850฿ couples.
Price on door 600฿EACH PERSON.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
A mere 500฿ singles
850฿ couples.
Price on door 600฿EACH PERSON.
sorry but what do you mean "on door"?person that come without invitation or what?

cheers. martin character5

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 08:27:52 PM »

Hi Admin

It's a Brit phrase, means anyone who arrives without a booking. hungry1 party12

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster