{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Which VISA ?  (Read 6354 times)

den Buut

Which VISA ?
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »
I've been to the Thai consulate last week to apply for a Visa a/o, but I'm too young, 38,  and not retired, can anyone advice me what kind of visa I should apply for, long stay please. wave1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Which VISA ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 11:07:15 PM »
I've been to the Thai consulate last week to apply for a Visa a/o, but I'm too young, 38,  and not retired, can anyone advice me what kind of visa I should apply for, long stay please. wave1

Are you married? If so, Non immigrant 'O' Marriage visa.
Multiple entry for 1 year. (12 months, actually, 15 months if you exit & enter Thailand just before the visa expired).
*Support Thai national.

You will not have to show money when apply in Thai consulate in your country so it will be very easy.
Give more details if you want more advice. sawadi
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:34:28 AM by ADMIN »

Dave the Dude

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »

A Thailand Visa can only be obtained outside Thailand.
An extention to a visa can be obtained within Thailand.
An OA(Retirement) visa is for over 50 year olds with the right financial backing.
An O visa (multi entry, if required) can be optained from most neighbouring countries at any age with the reason as visiting wife/friends. Funds will have to be in a Thai bank and proof will be required   to be shown. I see Malaysia and Lao seen to be popular venues for this.
Are you working? if so why have you not got a business (B) visa and work permit??? 

den Buut

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
I am married in the Netherlands, to my Thai wife of course, but is this enough for Thai law ?
We live outside Thailand now, and to put money in a Thai bank should not be a problem, but we(my wife) owns some pieces of land in and around Buriram, could this be used as a deposit for financial guarantee (fund)?
I don't want no working permit, this will be held against me by my wife. mhihi
We planned to start a business in Thailand so a B visa is not possible right now. sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
I am married in the Netherlands, to my Thai wife of course, but is this enough for Thai law ?
We live outside Thailand now, and to put money in a Thai bank should not be a problem, but we(my wife) owns some pieces of land in and around Buriram, could this be used as a deposit for financial guarantee (fund)?
I don't want no working permit, this will be held against me by my wife. mhihi
We planned to start a business in Thailand so a B visa is not possible right now. sawadi

I think you will have to register the marriage in Thailand as well so bring all the marriage documents from Holland, along with Notary stamp just for any case.
About the land she owns in Thailand, the answer is no, you can't use it as financial guarantee.
The Thai immigration want to see CASH in Thai bank account in YOUR NAME, deposit of minimum 3 months.
Maybe best solution for you is to apply Double tourist visa, that will allow you to stay for 6 months and will give you the time to deposit the money and keep it there, register marriage in Thailand, etc.. sawadi
OR better, if you go Thai consulate in Amsterdam,( http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/home_nl.asp )
they should accept your marriage certificate in Holland, to issue non 'o' multiple entry visa.
(every 3 months you'll have to cross the border and back to Thailand, not a big deal as the requirements for this kind of visa are relatively low and simple to get.

sawadi
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:45:13 PM by ADMIN »

den Buut

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
Thank you very much for this information, bet you know someone for a visa-run, thanks again. sawadi

Offline nico

• Contributor with future
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »
Hi! I have some guestions too about non imgr.O visa. In the website of Thaiembassy in my country, they speak about non immigrant O visa 90 days with multiple entry, valid for one year. I have Thai wife and im 31. Allso they dont speak anything about money(400000) when i apply this
visa from my country, only if i want to extend it for a year in Thailand the money woud be needed. So the question is can i stay in Buriram for one year whit this 90days multiple entry visa by visiting Cambodia border every 90 days (out of the country) or is it enough to report somewhere in 90 days. sou confused... ???

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
Hi! I have some guestions too about non imgr.O visa. In the website of Thaiembassy in my country, they speak about non immigrant O visa 90 days with multiple entry, valid for one year. I have Thai wife and im 31. Also they don't speak anything about money(400000) when i apply this
visa from my country, only if i want to extend it for a year in Thailand the money would be needed. So the question is can i stay in Buriram for one year whit this 90days multiple entry visa by visiting Cambodia border every 90 days (out of the country) or is it enough to report somewhere in 90 days. sou confused... ???

Yes, you are correct, with the non 'o' multiple entry visa you don't have to show money in bank when applying in your country.
You can't just report every 90 days inside Thailand immigration office.
You will have to cross the border (any border with Thailand) and back to Thailand to get 90 days every time.
* 90 days x 4 entry/exit = 360 days.
1 year = 365 days.

If you go out before the expiration of the visa (ie: day 360-364), you will be able to get 90 days extra which makes your visa to be almost as long as 15 months.  party3

Offline nico

• Contributor with future
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 02:23:07 PM »
Thanks for the info, have to continue saving money for the year off  from work..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick