{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Marie Anusorn School Buriram opened.  (Read 22912 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Marie Anusorn School Buriram opened.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »
I was not answering your question, Urleft.

I was adding info to the OP.

You are perfectly entitled to ignore facts.

This is an open forum. People add info as they can.

So you wait years+  until I ask a question to respond to the Op. 

And then you wonder why I hold you in disdain. 

Keep digging. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »
Sorry, Urleft.

I missed the OP first time.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I could offer my knowledge.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
Sorry, Urleft.

I missed the OP first time.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I could offer my knowledge.

YW. 

Yes my disdain continues.

What IMHO you should do is to berate all those native speaking members that expect the schools to teach their children English.   Now that is really sad. 

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:52 PM »
Na, when I click on a link reference, I expect to get to the link, which seems pretty rational to me. I did find the site eventually, and I didn't learn anything from it. How mucha costa? How to enroll? Dates? Sorry, Starman, this is just another arthritic excuse for a website.

Not sure why you are apologising to me. The website has nothing to do with me.

When I click the link I get straight to the school website. Just tried it again http://www.ms.ac.th/index.php. Straight to the website.

Not sure why you think it is an "arthritic" excuse for a website.

It is a website about a school. OK it is mainly in Thai but then near to 99% of their students are Thai.

Enrollment would be as in ant other school. In person at the school.

Works ok now, doubtless my mistake for pressing the button in an incorrect fashion. There seems to be some competition going on in Buriram as the Hua Kiaou school is also offering an English program, I have occasionally seen a very glum looking Farang moping around the place wearing a suit.
Our brat learns English there, as well as learning many other words not in the textbooks whilst I drive her to school. I'm not really up to home schooling although I do think that this would be the best solution in Thailand; however, having a native English speaker at home is a huge potential advantage for any kid here. Our 8 year old understands most stuff that we talk about, which restricts our right to free speech to some extent, but won't yet answer in English, which is good for me. Same thing with Chinese. Just to say that maybe there is at least one other school in Buriram that can bring results.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »
Na, when I click on a link reference, I expect to get to the link, which seems pretty rational to me. I did find the site eventually, and I didn't learn anything from it. How mucha costa? How to enroll? Dates? Sorry, Starman, this is just another arthritic excuse for a website.

Not sure why you are apologising to me. The website has nothing to do with me.

When I click the link I get straight to the school website. Just tried it again http://www.ms.ac.th/index.php. Straight to the website.

Not sure why you think it is an "arthritic" excuse for a website.

It is a website about a school. OK it is mainly in Thai but then near to 99% of their students are Thai.

Enrollment would be as in ant other school. In person at the school.

Works ok now, doubtless my mistake for pressing the button in an incorrect fashion. There seems to be some competition going on in Buriram as the Hua Kiaou school is also offering an English program, I have occasionally seen a very glum looking Farang moping around the place wearing a suit.
Our brat learns English there, as well as learning many other words not in the textbooks whilst I drive her to school. I'm not really up to home schooling although I do think that this would be the best solution in Thailand; however, having a native English speaker at home is a huge potential advantage for any kid here. Our 8 year old understands most stuff that we talk about, which restricts our right to free speech to some extent, but won't yet answer in English, which is good for me. Same thing with Chinese. Just to say that maybe there is at least one other school in Buriram that can bring results.

I can imagine the words the kids maybe learning on the way to school. Thai driving????

There are actually 4 primary schools in Buriram town offering English programs.

The problem is the often change of teachers. Just as the students have got used to the teacher the teacher moves on. Many native English speakers originally think that the idea of working in "the sticks" is a good idea, only for them to realise that it was not quite what they expected and then move on.

In my experience and through my studies, I have come to the conclusion that the best way to learn a foreign language is by the immersion method. That is to say, immerse yourself in the language that you are trying to learn at all times.

I have encountered many Thai students that have struggled with trying to learn English at school. Of those I have seen a few that have been lucky enough to go and study/stay abroad. Only 6 months and the difference is immense. My own experience of learning to speak Thai in Thailand has also made me realise that this is surely the best method.

That is why I mentioned that I feel an EP for a child with a native English speaker as a parent is not required.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:01:56 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »
Little minds can retain a lot of information.  I believe they are just a sponge. 

At 15 months my daughter can understand me telling her to do stuff, but she cannot say the words. 

So I am waiting for her to talk so I can add more.   

I have red lines painted so she will not cross, amazing, it works. 

Offline davureborn

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »
So at what age would one consider to be appropriate to take a Thai brat to an English speaking country to learn English? I imagine that 11 would be a good age, and I understand that on returning here, she would have to start again as though the school year abroad had not happened? I  kind of fear that she would be so utterly bored with a repeated school year that she might retreat into boredom and rebellion.
The next window would be around 16 I suppose, but that seems too late to me and I am not getting any younger.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
The best age would be 18. That is when Thai kids finish high school. That way they will also have the ability to feel a little independent.. No need for a chaperone.

Thai schools do teach English well with regards to grammar. Many students that I have encountered have a problem with speaking only. With what they have learnt in school, a quick trip abroad should do them well.

I know a  student that is about to embark on a 3 month trip to Canada. I have been tutoring him for a while to prepare him. His listening and understanding is good. He will learn to speak much better in 3 months. I add that he is 100% Thai.

He will then come back and go on to medical school.

The current situation, whereby high school finishes in March and University does not start until August/September, gives current high school graduates a great opportunity to take some time out and learn English.

Offline toffo

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:35 AM »
Please don't let Urleft know about Theera School... Then again he couldn't afford to send his kid there anyway..

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:04 AM »
Please don't let Urleft know about Theera School... Then again he couldn't afford to send his kid there anyway..

Must be, I couldn't even afford to put a kitchen in my house, still don't have one. 

Offline davureborn

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »

P&*% off Toffo.
Try to be nice or at least ignore people you don't like.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:17:31 AM by davureborn »

Offline toffo

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 09:36:45 AM »
I do like him.. He is the forum clown he entertains us all..

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »
well the sstory gets longer and longer, but so far i see no clear answer here to the original question. Is it any good this school????????

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »
My 2 year old daughter is going there, I am very pleased with how they are handling her.  Can't really say about the advanced ages yet. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick