{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Hard to find workers  (Read 6121 times)

Offline MooBaan

Hard to find workers
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
 We live 15 Kilo outside of Buriram, at Baan Bua, village Poonton. We are having a very hard time finding workers around here. We have 2 regular workers, but they need some help in a construction project. They are both good workers as well as people. Other than these 2 men, we are unable to find people who actually work. We have had a few extra hands, but they don't last very long, because they just don't want to work. They come and piddle around, and the minute you look away, they sit, or sneak out of sight, and you have to go looking for them to do their job. So after a day or two, I have to let them go. If you know of any unemployed workers let us know. They have to know cement and brick work. We are also looking for one worker who cuts grass, rakes leaves, etc..
 The job is 5days/week, 8 hrs/day, but can work 7, our regular guys usually do. The gardener job is a permanent position. The cement and brickwork for about 4 months.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Hard to find workers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
Hi, very interesting what you're saying,they get paid and not work,so what are they thinking they doing there??? do they get paid in a fair manner?
what is the "project"?building a house?
I can connect you with group of serious but village peoples that their occupation is mainly only construction.
 confused1
About the garden job,that might be found in your village,isn't it?lots of free time when its low season of the rice/rubber,also many in the village are uneployed as well. (?!)  sawadi

Offline MooBaan

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »
Hi, very interesting what you're saying,they get paid and not work,so what are they thinking they doing there??? do they get paid in a fair manner?
I can connect you with group of serious but village peoples that their occupation is mainly only construction.
 confused1
About the garden job,that might be found in your village,isn't it?lots of free time when its low season of the rice/rubber,also many in the village are uneployed as well. (?!)  sawadi
I have no idea what they are thinking, but it seems to be very common around this immediate area. We had a very good and hard working couple here for a few years , but they where from a village about 10 Kilo closer to Surin from our location. They unfortunately had a fatal accident with a truck. They are sorely missed not only as great workers, but as some of the nicest people I have met in Thailand.
 It would be nice if you could connect us with some workers. We are building Fish tanks, there will be some digging for laying pipe, brickwork, a lot of cement work, and sharp for finishing walls. I pay 230Baht for 8 hours work. Two to four workers would be ideal. We are pretty much done with the filtering system and water tower construction, but my guys could use some help.
 As far as the gardening job, it pays 200/day, no particular skill required, unless raking leaves and pushing a mower, or weeding, is considered as such. I cut the grass in 9 hours, and had one guy take 4 days to do the same thing. He was surprised that I couldn't use his services any longer.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
 confused1
I have no idea what they are thinking, but it seems to be very common around this immediate area. We had a very good and hard working couple here for a few years , but they where from a village about 10 Kilo closer to Surin from our location. They unfortunately had a fatal accident with a truck. They are sorely missed not only as great workers, but as some of the nicest people I have met in Thailand.
 It would be nice if you could connect us with some workers. We are building Fish tanks, there will be some digging for laying pipe, brickwork, a lot of cement work, and sharp for finishing walls. I pay 230Baht for 8 hours work. Two to four workers would be ideal. We are pretty much done with the filtering system and water tower construction, but my guys could use some help.
 As far as the gardening job, it pays 200/day, no particular skill required, unless raking leaves and pushing a mower, or weeding, is considered as such. I cut the grass in 9 hours, and had one guy take 4 days to do the same thing. He was surprised that I couldn't use his services any longer.

Ok,now I know the reason they not in hurry and "push the time" ! you pay hourly/daily rate.
Usually in construction jobs need to pay by the project/job itself.
ie:get 2-3 offers and go for the best offer you think is good for you (price and labour).

This way its gonna take you longer then you plan to do this project,endless stress,etc etc..
But you save few Bahts this way (?!) confused3

About the garden thing,hehe ..amazing isaan!

What I try to say is this;
Tell them whats the job.
ask how much they want for it? (work,NOT hourly/daily rate).
Don't pay all the agreed money in advance no matter what's the reason.
Pay them equally to the progress in the project/job they're doing.
If they play games tell them straigh away they came to work.not to play.
If they not happy,they can go home.

*Little bit alcohol at the end of the day will help them to do a better job as well.(only if they are hard workers and serious). party15

*telephone number sent by PM.
 sawadi

Offline MooBaan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
^ Checked PM's, but no phone number there. Will check again later, then will give you a call.
 The 2 guys who work here don't drag their feet, and they do a good job. If you have people who want to work for the specified wages, let me know. I am here at all times, I worked construction all my life, I know when someone is holding back, and playing games. The only reason the guy who took 4 days to cut the grass lasted 4 days, was because everyone here was quite entertained by this character, and we all got quite a kick out of his laziness. I am not shy, nor am I here for the purpose of giving anything away. I do not hesitate in cutting someone's time, and sending them on with the best of wishes.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick