{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Travel Pattaya-Prasat Surin  (Read 14220 times)

Offline crowsnest

• Contributor with future
Travel Pattaya-Prasat Surin
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
I know that a taxi to Buriram from Pattaya costs 3000baht as ive just looked into it! As for flying not sure on the price! bananadance

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Travel Pattaya-Prasat Surin
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
I know that a taxi to Buriram from Pattaya costs 3000baht as ive just looked into it! As for flying not sure on the price! bananadance

Impossible. maybe you misunderstand or you were lucky it was a guy from Buriram want to go home anyway.  confused3

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:52 AM »

Impossible. maybe you misunderstand or you were lucky it was a guy from Buriram want to go home anyway.  confused3

:)  I had a quote of 1,500 Bahts but had to pay petrol that was from someone in Jomtien so maybe it can be done. thought The big yellow bus from pattaya bus station was only around 400 - 500 baht pp and was ok! even stops for food on route :)

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »

Having just come back from Buriram you say impossible 3000Baht for taxi from Pattaya to Buriram well i ended up paying 3500 as we ended up stayin in Prasat, Surin which was further than i told him so fair enough!
When he picked me up he camee from Pattaya stayed in the same hotel as me which was Lawadee Garden Resort in Prasat paid for fan room 350 Baht had breakfast etc then 10am we set off for Pattaya! The guy is not from Buriram nor Surin and doesn't know anybody their!
The reason he can drive me to Buriram/Surin is simple his car runs on gas he filled it 3 times on the way back at a cost of approx 100Baht a time so you do the maths he's making around 3000Baht give or take for a long days work or a day and a half either way good money for him!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

Having just come back from Buriram you say impossible 3000Baht for taxi from Pattaya to Buriram well i ended up paying 3500 as we ended up stayin in Prasat, Surin which was further than i told him so fair enough!
When he picked me up he camee from Pattaya stayed in the same hotel as me which was Lawadee Garden Resort in Prasat paid for fan room 350 Baht had breakfast etc then 10am we set off for Pattaya! The guy is not from Buriram nor Surin and doesn't know anybody their!
The reason he can drive me to Buriram/Surin is simple his car runs on gas he filled it 3 times on the way back at a cost of approx 100Baht a time so you do the maths he's making around 3000Baht give or take for a long days work or a day and a half either way good money for him!

I think its great! Its dead cheap!
I will definiatly would like to use him from time to time.
Can you give us his mobile phone number? scatter
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:26:19 PM by ADMIN »

Offline wildoates

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »

my car runs on Gas....1 tank from Prasat to Pattaya, 1400 baht, then the return trip same. If he can do it on 300 baht unbelieveable , it cost me that on my motorcycle to Surin and back, about 160 KM.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 04:38:20 AM »

my car runs on Gas....1 tank from Prasat to Pattaya, 1400 baht, then the return trip same. If he can do it on 300 baht unbelieveable , it cost me that on my motorcycle to Surin and back, about 160 KM.

I know gas is supposed to be cheap, but 1400bt one way Prasat to Pattaya is very pang! I do the trip in my petrol run car from Prakhonchai for less than 1000bt each way - and I don't hang about! Surprisingly, and I haven't established the reason, it uses less petrol when the family come with me.

Offline wildoates

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:07:12 AM »

I know gas is supposed to be cheap, but 1400bt one way Prasat to Pattaya is very pang! I do the trip in my petrol run car from Prakhonchai for less than 1000bt each way - and I don't hang about! Surprisingly, and I haven't established the reason, it uses less petrol when the family come with me.

Now that is with the wife driving at 120-140 most of the time. But my pickup is about the same on fuel.  It cost me about 800 baht for my motorcycle to Pattaya again running about 120 most of the time.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
Obviously the guy posted a message that was pure TROLL! redbite
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:20:11 AM by ADMIN »

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
So for all you non-believers out there this is the Taxi Number from Pattaya his Name is Mr Sea 0863033307 just tell him you know Dominic and the price i paid 3000 to Buriram or 3500 to Prasat in Surin! bananadance party6

I am currently staying at Leelawadee Garden Resort in Prasat which has pool/Bar restraunt this is the link for anyone wishing to stay here it's a very nice Resort with friendly staff and rooms cleaned daily! No hassles GF friendly! www.leelaprasat.com

I also had a night out in Surin which was an experience first was Farang Connection which had wi-fi but she couldn't give me the password as she didn't understand about computers instead she gave me the IP address, i noticed that i was picking up the Sportsman Bar opposite so decided to wonder over there wi-fi not a problem and the landy lady and girls very friendly!

Next i hit some go-go/ coyotee Bar near speed which had some very attractive girls working there stayed had a few beers then left, around the corner from that Bar was another coyotee bar same as before!!

After a few more beers i headed for Speed Disco which was just around the corner i had a good time there and got talking to a lot of very attractive Thai ladies and there where a few farangs also! A very good and enjoyable night! crazydance
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:15:34 AM by ADMIN »

dave the dude

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Glad you had a good time in Surin and say Hi to James for me!
I must pop round to see him sometime soon

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:36 AM »
I am currently staying at Leelawadee Garden Resort in Prasat which has pool/Bar restraunt this is the link for anyone wishing to stay here it's a very nice Resort with friendly staff and rooms cleaned daily! No hassles GF friendly! www.leelaprasat.com

I also had a night out in Surin which was an experience first was Farang Connection which had wi-fi but she couldn't give me the password as she didn't understand about computers instead she gave me the IP address, i noticed that i was picking up the Sportsman Bar opposite so decided to wonder over there wi-fi not a problem and the landy lady and girls very friendly!

Next i hit some go-go/ coyotee Bar near speed which had some very attractive girls working there stayed had a few beers then left, around the corner from that Bar was another coyotee bar same as before!!

After a few more beers i headed for Speed Disco which was just around the corner i had a good time there and got talking to a lot of very attractive Thai ladies and there where a few farangs also! A very good and enjoyable night! crazydance

hahaha  photos????? coolbar

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
So for all you non-believers out there this is the Taxi Number from Pattaya his Name is Mr Sea 0863033307 just tell him you know Dominic and the price i paid 3000 to Buriram or 3500 to Prasat in Surin! bananadance party6

Why would you pay an extra 500 baht when the distance Pattaya-Buriram  & Pattaya -Prasat is vitually identical when you use the shorter route along Highway 24???

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 11:34:17 PM »
To be truethful about this i did say Buriram and wasn't sure where the GF family lived just she told driver Buriram the first time i went was with a driver for Mr Sea and when we said Prast he said that's Surin not Buriram as quoted befrore soi think fair enough! However we didn't set off till around 9pm and by the time we were getting near korat i noticed the driver becoming tired and basically i was just glad to get to the resort in one piece!
The return journey Mr sea himself drove down the night before and stopped at resort so he was fresh for the drive back which did go smoothly!
The GF does live in Buriram but the resort was in Surin!
The last time iwas up there was around a week ago now and i had to attend to some business in Bangkok so the easiest option for me was to fly nok air as a return ticket at short notice was around 3700 with all taxes etc this was a return flight so for not much more we and less hassle we flew there 1 hour we were in Buriram i tried to book a car through this website but appeared to be non available so as we were staying at the samr resort James offered to pick us up from airport free of charge, then later he drove us back to the airport which was really good of him, he's a stand up guy and a gentleman and felt at ease with him as soon as you meet him and nothing seems too much hassle for him!
Anyone wishing to see pics of resort i suggest you follow the link in one of the previous posts!
Buriram see you again soon!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:42:16 PM by ADMIN »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 06:52:50 AM »
But why go to Korat to get to Buriram,,Highway 24 thro Chok Chai & Nang Rong is shorter & a damn sight quicker!!!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick