{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Living in Thailand vs Family abroad  (Read 12884 times)

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
Living in Thailand vs Family abroad
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »
Living in Thailand for the last few years made me wonder if it was really the "right decision",
I will share with you some of my thoughts and fears and hopefully you can be good advisers for me here.

On one hand, living in Thailand gives you the quality of life and comfort you can't really get back at home, add to it the freedom of living away, you really take off many things and make your life only for yourself.

On the other hand, you're not there for them, and after all family is family and you are being missed on holiday times and other times of happiness and sorrow.
so yes you can always visit, but for how long? lets say 1 month? that's not enough to be really close to the family who are living miles away from Thailand.
Budget is also part of the problem as in most times you can't really afford to visit your own country often on regular basis.
Don't you feel confused sometimes from your own decision to live in Thailand?
How do you feel about it?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:54:44 PM by Admin »

Offline maraudingscot

Re: Living in Thailand vs Family abroad
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:41:56 PM »
living in Thailand for the last few years made me wonder if it was really the "right decision",

blushbar

ok. good question, I am at the moment, still living and working in good old Sunny (?) Britain  :blink:

I wonder if maybe you have forgotten the reasons why you were keen to move to Thailand those few years ago.

ok so you would have to make pros and cons for the move!

But above all do not forget Britain is shit, full of miserable people, wet, everything is expensive and getting more so everyday! yeah have NHS  :o

So what were your original reasons for moving to Thailand?

jones the rice

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
living in Thailand for the last few years made me wonder if it was really the "right decision",

blushbar

ok. good question, I am at the moment, still living and working in good old Sunny (?) Britain  :blink:

I wonder if maybe you have forgotten the reasons why you were keen to move to Thailand those few years ago.

But above all do not forget Britain is shit, full of miserable people, wet, everything is expensive and getting more so everyday! yeah have NHS  :o

what a great answer i live in thailand because where i come from is cold and wet and miserable and expensive and boring and most of the women look like elephants and some even smell like elephants,every other word out of someone's mouth is a four lettered word or insulting or more often than not racist,i could go on but don't want to bore you all.
think that about covers it all.can say with my hand on my heart have no regret in the move to THAILAND,one of the best things i have ever done. :)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
I did it 25 years ago, and never once regretted it.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
Nick, bur aren't you still on the 'wanted' list ?  jumping8

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
Bugger! Have you seen the poster at Heathrow?   :o

That's why on  the  very few occasions (3) that I have returned, I have flown to Dublin and crossed the Irish Sea   :)

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »

blushbar

what a great answer i live in thailand because where i come from is cold and wet and miserable and expensive and boring and most of the women look like elephants and some even smell like elephants,every other word out of someone's mouth is a four lettered word or insulting or more often than not racist,i could go on but don't want to bore you all.
think that about covers it all.can say with my hand on my heart have no regret in the move to THAILAND,one of the best things i have ever done. :)

burirampea Up to you! thumbup buriramsmiley party6

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:17:03 AM »
I currently live over 600 miles from any of my family, so moving to Thailand will not be that different.  None of them have visited me in over 8 years, so I do not expect to miss them much.

Offline rcleary

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 04:19:10 AM »
Hey all, I was wondering what type of insurance one should get if visiting Thailand?

Offline rcleary

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 04:20:53 AM »
I was told that my personal medical may not be enough to have in the event of an accident.

Offline Mundi

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
I currently live over 600 miles from any of my family, so moving to Thailand will not be that different.  None of them have visited me in over 8 years, so I do not expect to miss them much.

In the same situation. I live about 4000km from family so moving to Thailand will make little difference.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick