{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Isaan unwritten rules,  (Read 24725 times)

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
Isaan unwritten rules,
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:22:05 AM »
Not to much assotiation/feedback amongst members on this website.Try this for size.
Most farange have met their g/f or wife in the tourist areas of LOS ,then they may travel to Isaan.I did and so have many of you.
1st things you must do,buy motorbike,buy gold,help family,rent house,get married,buy land,make house.
This is no problem if you have a good girl,(we all hope so ).When you do this you are bombarded with horror stories of farang who have come unstuck.These stories are are everywhere on internet,in local pub.
       If you can provide what your gf/wife requires you have no problems,you are a provider you must provide , that is why you are part of this relationship.You do not give your wife everything she asks for that would be stupid,but you must be close.It is a balance that you must be aware of,Treat your wife/gf,badly and do not be supprised if she returns the favour later on.
My advice is do not spend a £ more ,than you are prepared to lose.
My wife and I have been happy for four years, I have bought all the above. I love my wife very much,but I am under no illusions.
Get the balance right and you will be a happy man with a wife to die for.
ANSWER THAT SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

Offline swimming pizza

• amazing thailand.
Re: Isaan unwritten rules,
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »
 :D  look at this website http://www.amuzingthaicartoons.com/index.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pbee

• COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:55:06 PM »
Yes nice one,like it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline oldgasser

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
Looks as if not a lot of resonding but your view of Issan living is so true, it is less expensive to live well over here but it is not free.  Sad to say too many have tried to live here and it is just not all that cheap to do so.

The stories are true that Forangs will be taken to the cleaners but those  young good looking women are looking for a much better life.

Women are the same no matter where they may be from Thailand, Europe or America they want stuff, jewely, new clothes and better living conditions and if u can provide the ladies with what they want I believe they will take care of u very well.  Every thing has a cost and u must be ready and able to pay it.

Right or wrong thats the way it is.

People of diffent cultures do not fall in love, and if one is older it is less likely to be true love but it can be a careing, relationship which can supplies both parties with their needs.

I for one enjoy my life here and remain happy and content; life is GOOD.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:46 AM »
Looks as if not a lot of resonding but your view of Issan living is so true, it is less expensive to live well over here but it is not free.  Sad to say too many have tried to live here and it is just not all that cheap to do so.

The stories are true that Forangs will be taken to the cleaners but those  young good looking women are looking for a much better life.

Women are the same no matter where they may be from Thailand, Europe or America they want stuff, jewely, new clothes and better living conditions and if u can provide the ladies with what they want I believe they will take care of u very well.  Every thing has a cost and u must be ready and able to pay it.

People of diffent cultures do not fall in love, and if one is older it is less likely to be true love but it can be a careing, relationship which can supplies both parties with their needs.

Yout thoughts are very interesting & I agree with most of them............Where a lot of guys come unstuck,is they haven't been to Thailand enough to understand Thai culture,see a pretty girl & for some strange & unexplainable reason will throw all of their 'life-savings' away for a couple of years of so called 'happiness'.I came here to LOS in 1984,averaging 6 visits per annum until I retired here 5 years ago & I've also seen many of the horror stories...One of which is just about to come to its conclusion not so far away from here in Nong Ki.Some relationships ,my own included are very good but where the problem seems to arise is where there is a large difference in ages,then the guy will just spend ,spend spend in the misguided belief that his young lady will be his forever.

Offline roger

• married to boonmee organ (kroptrathon)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 12:07:27 AM »

Not to much assotiation/feedback amongst members on this website.Try this for size.
Most farange have met their g/f or wife in the tourist areas of LOS ,then they may travel to Isaan.I did and so have many of you.
1st things you must do,buy motorbike,buy gold,help family,rent house,get married,buy land,make house.
This is no problem if you have a good girl,(we all hope so ).When you do this you are bombarded with horror stories of farang who have come unstuck.These stories are are everywhere on internet,in local pub.
       If you can provide what your gf/wife requires you have no problems,you are a provider you must provide , that is why you are part of this relationship.You do not give your wife everything she asks for that would be stupid,but you must be close.It is a balance that you must be aware of,Treat your wife/gf,badly and do not be supprised if she returns the favour later on.
My advice is do not spend a £ more ,than you are prepared to lose.
My wife and I have been happy for four years, I have bought all the above. I love my wife very much,but I am under no illusions.
Get the balance right and you will be a happy man with a wife to die for.
ANSWER THAT SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

Yout thoughts are very interesting & I agree with most of them............Where a lot of guys come unstuck,is they haven't been to Thailand enough to understand Thai culture,see a pretty girl & for some strange & unexplainable reason will throw all of their 'life-savings' away for a couple of years of so called 'happiness'.I came here to LOS in 1984,averaging 6 visits per annum until I retired here 5 years ago & I've also seen many of the horror stories...One of which is just about to come to its conclusion not so far away from here in Nong Ki.Some relationships ,my own included are very good but where the problem seems to arise is where there is a large difference in ages,then the guy will just spend ,spend spend in the misguided belief that his young lady will be his forever.

wow as a total newbie i have found your comments very powerfull, i to seem to be on this road, but have been totaly unaware of the underlying trates, i seem to read every where about stories of bad luck and bad experiancies, and only a few possitive outcomes, i accept that many women have expectations of men being the provider the world over, but it is becoming apparent that thai women are more acustom to extracting money on short term relationships than working together for a prosperious long term future, maybe im wrong, im just trying to get an understanding of things, same old same i have been coming to thailand for the last 2 years ( 6 times ) after a disasterious devorce, have done the tourist thing, but on my last visit to pattaya met a young girl from buriram, we got on well, and i spent the last two weeks of my holiday with her, we talked about many things, she had only been in pattaya for 3 months and didnt like it, and wonted to go home to her mother and sister, and on leaving, seemed to break her heart, after a few days of being back in england i phoned her, the same story was repeated and backed up by another girl from the same bar, (who i had also talked with) she now supported the she can not go with falang any more story, a few days later we spoke again, she seemed angry, she had had an argument with the bar boss, and been told to leave, because she only drink, over the next few days we talked several times ( i phoned at random )she always seemed to be in the room she shared with her friend or eating but never at the bar, i arranged to send some money to her so that she could go back to buriram, since then we speak, as best we can, two or three times a day, and on the evening on msn, at the moment i have no reason to disbelive her, but reading ( not just in buriram expats ) but in many places on the internet ) about the down side to thai western relationships its starting to raise questions, i have spoken to her mother and sister and she has taken them to a internet cafe with web cam so that we can see each other, it all seem very lagit at the moment and i am planing to come out to buriram in december or before if possible, well guys thats my story so far, am i on the right road ? should i go with the flow ? or am i on the road to self distruction ? i think i have to at least come to buriram and see her in her own inviroment, your feed back will be apperciated many thanks roger, now i need a beer........ unsurebar
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:08:47 AM by ADMIN »

Offline pbee

• COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
Hi Roger, I have just returned from Buriram, back to the UK for 5 months. Everything was good with my family there and I enjoyed every minute I was there. I have been with my wife for 5yrs now and remember well the first time she took me to Isaan and her village. It made our relationship stronger in her natural environment amongst her family and friends. I was made very welcome by everyone. I know many expats in Buriram who are married and live a good life. Of course ups and downs will happen in any relationship. I only know of one friend of mine who was treated very badly by his wife and he has left Thailand now,but the others are still married and as happy as a married man can be. I will be going back myself in December. Wish you the best of luck .

Offline roger

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »
Hi Roger, I have just returned from Buriram, back to the UK for 5 months. Everything was good with my family there and I enjoyed every minute I was there. I have been with my wife for 5yrs now and remember well the first time she took me to Isaan and her village. It made our relationship stronger in her natural environment amongst her family and friends. I was made very welcome by everyone. I know many expats in Buriram who are married and live a good life. Of course ups and downs will happen in any relationship. I only know of one friend of mine who was treated very badly by his wife and he has left Thailand now,but the others are still married and as happy as a married man can be. I will be going back myself in December. Wish you the best of luck .
Hi pbee thank you for your reasurance, very comforting, i was on msn earlier today with her, she came with her mother, she sometimes does this or with her sister, i am trying to have a controled approch to this relationship, i try to ask the right questions, listen to background noises and everything seem so ligit, may be some of the horror stories have rocked me a bit, but i feel to air on the side of caution,over the next few months i will post my journey in the hopes it will help others who find themselves on this road, its good to hear of your own happyness, and i do hope the same works for me, yes i am curious, and probably have read to much, but have not found the answers i am looking for, i feel if i detail my journey here maybe others who are curious can gain information from my experiances, the same as i am hoping to gain knowlage from others experiences, gone a bit blah blah there probably need another beer......  party4 thanks for your comments thay have helped and i hope we can talk some more in the future many thanks roger&surat
 :)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »

Hi

Better to have leapt and fallen than never to have leapt at all!  Can't say I thought that up myself but it is better than thinking "what if" for the rest of you life. party3 party3 party3

TBWG sawadi

Offline Khun Tony

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
Hi Roger,

I'm not a lie detector expert, but based on what you have said and the way you are going about things, your GF seems to be telling the truth.   The real test will be when you get to Buriram and meet the family face to face.   After all you have seen the mum and sister over the internet via web cam at various times.  So unless the family have moved to Pattaya, it looks like your GF is being honest with you.  Hope everything works out well for you.

Offline SWINDLED

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
im certainly no expert on relationships but from my experience in another asian country, the most important issue will be fidelity & the second most important issue will be your health.

money is a renewable resource, but once faith is betrayed....

Offline roger

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 05:24:35 AM »
hi all, thanks for your help and reasureance, i am now feeling a lot more comfortable with things,on many occasions when talking to my g/f she will say, " when you come i show you " backed up by mama as well, and many " i not lie you " "can see can see everything" so apparently i am to go and stay at there house. (no mention of any farther yet and im not sure if i should ask ) ? would that be classed as rude )
yes at the moment i feel things are running smoothly, and am looking forward to coming over to buriram asap.
could anyone please tell me if there are any web sites about non dindaeng/lam nangrong; the only thing i can find is about the dam, g/f tells me very beautiful, she goes there often, but i would like to see a bit more about life there, again thanks for your help party4 

dave the dude

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:49 AM »
money is a renewable resource, but once faith is betrayed....

Yea right, you couldn't renew some of mine, could you ? :D :D :D

SWINDLED, any chance your a Thai who believes in Ferang Money Tree's ???confused4

Dave

Offline SWINDLED

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
no im not a thai.....im just another guy trying to make it through the mill, unscathed if at all possible...

theres just so much to learn & when you think youre there, along cums another 1 outta left field....back to the drawing board

steamingMad steamingMad steamingMad

Denis

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
A wife to die for!  yes and many have loco

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM