{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: UK Pound vs Thai bht  (Read 14496 times)

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
UK Pound vs Thai bht
« on: November 16, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
Oh my Budda !!!! What the hell is happening helpsos? 50 bht = £1  :(  I must pay 100,000 bht next month,b4 it was approx £1500 now £2000. >:(It is enoug h to drive a man to drink wackobar.No more leo,no more steak at Book n Bed.Now low cow,field rats and land crabs. ^-^ party15.Will sell golf clubs or exchange for a lottery concesion.Will try to ask wifes family for support surrender1.I will post a big thankyou to anyone who sends me money,but not in sterling,Chinese or Arab currency would be appreciated. Not all is lost I have a wife who loves me happy3 even if I may be skint love2. Things can only get better.maybe????
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:01:00 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: UK Pound vs Thai bht
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »
What will happen with the pound?  confused4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:00:32 AM by ADMIN »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »
Well it was 34 baht to the GBP all thro the 80's it even dropped down to 29 when the Uk dropped out of the ERM in the mid 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave the dude

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:54:11 AM »
What will happen with the pound?  confused4

If I could answer that question I'd still be a (unhappy) Bank Manager instead of a happy but poor retired expat  :D :D :D

But then again.....no!

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »
Even worse now at 46.5, when i sold my business 2 months ago in Patts i started to change Baht back into pounds then gamble on the baht going 50 or above to make a few Baht!
I also bought a lot more recently at the current rate of 46.5 so if it went up today i could make money! However i hope it will go back up soon to around 50 in the next 3 months to encourage tourists back to thailand!
What's your views on this anyone?

dave the dude

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Even worse now at 46.5, when i sold my business 2 months ago in Patts i started to change Baht back into pounds then gamble on the baht going 50 or above to make a few Baht!
I also bought a lot more recently at the current rate of 46.5 so if it went up today i could make money! However i hope it will go back up soon to around 50 in the next 3 months to encourage tourists back to thailand!

I think you made a good move selling your Pattaya business when you did  thumbup eusadance clap crazydance party4

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »

I think you made a good move selling your Pattaya business when you did  thumbup eusadance clap crazydance party4
I think you were very lucky to sell any business in Pattaya

Offline Mymatesaid

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 08:39:11 AM »
The UK economy is in melt down.

The Thai economy showing 12 per cent growth in the 1st quarter. Good balance of payment figures.

All the problems in Bangkok had no effect.

Probably not long before the UK hung parliament, sorry "coalition government", start to disagree on how to go forward with the Economy.

Probably see 40 to a pound before you see 50.

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 09:07:04 AM »
Had 12 bedroom guesthouse on soi lk metro always got good reviews on pattayaddicts.com so yes i sold at the right time and made a tidy profit! Guess not many people can say that about Patts!
Saying that i was in Heavens above agogo last night at 9.30 and it was rammed so plenty of people still in coming to Patts, but hotel rooms aren't full, guess next month will show with the World Cup!
As for the pound it seems to be going up slowly!
All i have is a Condo to sell here in Patts have a viewing Monday so hopefully see you guys soon in Buriram!
Take care!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »
Had 12 bedroom guesthouse on soi lk metro always got good reviews on pattayaddicts.com so yes i sold at the right time and made a tidy profit! Guess not many people can say that about Patts!
Saying that i was in Heavens above agogo last night at 9.30 and it was rammed so plenty of people still in coming to Patts, but hotel rooms aren't full, guess next month will show with the World Cup!
As for the pound it seems to be going up slowly!
All i have is a Condo to sell here in Patts have a viewing Monday so hopefully see you guys soon in Buriram!
Take care!
On a serious note, Soi LK Metro has never 'taken off',the vast majority of businesses having changed hands many times,if you made a profit as you say then you are a lucky man.
I still have a condo in Pattaya even though I've lived up here for almost 5 years,it is always there when I pop down for a few days.....Don't burn all you bolt holes

Offline crowsnest

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »
Thanks for the advise nookiebear i will bear it in mind, right now sick of Pattaya party lifestyle i can't sit at home in front of TV everynight on my own! Now i have steady GF it's not to bad!
She doesn't drink and when we go out she sit's there with her tomato juice to my 4 san migs! Great doesn't complain let's see if it stays that way! Watch this space! lol giggle

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
Thanks for the advise nookiebear i will bear it in mind, right now sick of Pattaya party lifestyle i can't sit at home in front of TV everynight on my own! Now i have steady GF it's not to bad!
She doesn't drink and when we go out she sit's there with her tomato juice to my 4 san migs! Great doesn't complain let's see if it stays that way! Watch this space! lol giggle

so you staying with this girl because its "economy" ?  giggle
also, who go to a bar to drink tomato juice.  alcoholic funny.
I always though living in pattaya is a nice place to be if you manage it wisely. you can win both worlds of quite area and geographically close to the very exciting nightlife and sexual opportunities variety.  party3

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Dentist by Thai Bart
Yesterday at 06:56:48 PM

Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod