{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai women getting married younger  (Read 11940 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Thai women getting married younger
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »
Thai women getting married younger 
: 10 Jun 2010
Thai women getting married at younger age

BANGKOK, 10 June 2010 (NNT) – The latest study of the National Statistical Office of Thailand (TNSO) reveals that the mean age of Thai women entering marriage has now decreased to 22 years.

According to the survey jointly conducted by TNSO, the Department of Health, and the College of Population Studies of Chulalongkorn University, the average age of Thai women getting married for the first time has been on a continuous decline, from 23.1 in 2006 to 22.2 years at present. Women living in rural area also tend to get married at younger age than those living in the city.

The statistics also indicate that only 15% of the married couples, aged between 15 and 49, have received pre-marriage family planning advice from health personnel.
Before getting married, only 19.4% of them have their blood tested for Thalassemia and 20.9% for HIV.

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Thai women getting married younger
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
why would someone need to check his partrner for Thalassemia???

Offline manni

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:54 AM »
why would someone need to check his partrner for Thalassemia???

Because it is a genetic disorder that presents when you receive the defective gene from both parents.

Offline farangguy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
why would someone need to check his partner for Thalassemia???

Because it is a genetic disorder that presents when you receive the defective gene from both parents.

I have spoken to a local doctor in Korat and she claims most Isaan women have this disorder, mostly in low level does not interrupt normal life and health anyway she says its very common in isan area.
In this case she recommended taking vitamins to strength the body immune system on regular basis.
I don't know if its true but good to check.
another thing is, what you going to do when you find out your love has thalassemia??? would you leave her?
would you check her before falling in love??!?!

Offline Mymatesaid

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
I don't think it is really difficult to work out why Thai women are getting married younger.They are having sex younger. There are still strong Thai cultures revolving around sex. If a couple have sex and the parents find out then the majority of the time they will have to get married.

This will ususally be instigated by the female's parents so that they can get some kind of dowry.

It is not unheard of that if the male's parents refuse then the female's parents will go to the police and try to get a rape charge brought against the boy.

It would be interesting to also see the figures for divorce,although this would be almost impossible as a large amount of marraiges are not licenced.

Offline buriramboy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
I don't think it is really difficult to work out why Thai women are getting married younger.They are having sex younger. There are still strong Thai cultures revolving around sex. If a couple have sex and the parents find out then the majority of the time they will have to get married.

This will ususally be instigated by the female's parents so that they can get some kind of dowry.

It is not unheard of that if the male's parents refuse then the female's parents will go to the police and try to get a rape charge brought against the boy.

It would be interesting to also see the figures for divorce,although this would be almost impossible as a large amount of marriages are not licenced.

some scary stories out there.
be careful who you going with many of them are real players.
in my village there is a guy man married and live with his wife sometimes he go to the local karaokes around town and one time a girl he was with came 2 days later to his house.
he wasn't there so she asked his wife: "where is he"?
wife answer: he is gone out. why? what do you want?
lady answer: he go with me I wait for him.
wife: you should go.
lady: no I won't. I stay here wait for him.
wife: only on the street footbar, not in my house.
lady: OK. I wait for him outside.
wife:   steamingMad
The husband guy arrives and see the lady, he is asking her: what are you doing here?
lady say: I need to go out, could you give me some money?
wife comes in the middle and tell her husband: if you want to go- go but pack all you things and go with her.
husband confused and said: I think I'll stay.
lady angry and said: but you said you like me!!  hahaha hahaha

real story.
real people.
you have been warned!  biggreen

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »
Real people ha ?... was this guy thai or farang  ?... wouldn't have been you by any chance ?

I know if it was me and my wife, I wouldn't have been given the chance to pack my things or even say hello. Somewhere between Hel.. and lo   I would have got a high kick to the head. 
And the other lady wouldn't have been left to stay in the village, never mind the footpath.  chairhit 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:03:41 AM »
Real people ha ?... was this guy thai or farang  ?... wouldn't have been you by any chance ?

I know if it was me and my wife, I wouldn't have been given the chance to pack my things or even say hello. Somewhere between Hel.. and lo   I would have got a high kick to the head. 
And the other lady wouldn't have been left to stay in the village, never mind the footpath.  chairhit 
Watch your fishing tackle too

Offline buriramboy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »

no it wasn't me. it wasn't farang but thai couple.
this kind of situation just show how patient thai people when it come to confrontations.
Thai will avoid confrontation as much as they can.
saving face is a very strong issue here.

I know about other farang live in the village his wife caught him with a university girl in the city the poor guy thought she'll never know but in buriram everybody knows each other! pity what a fight they had !!!  hahaha newargue

Offline wildoates

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »

no it wasn't me. it wasn't farang but thai couple.
this kind of situation just show how patient thai people when it come to confrontations.
Thai will avoid confrontation as much as they can.
saving face is a very strong issue here.

I know about other farang live in the village his wife caught him with a university girl in the city the poor guy thought she'll never know but in buriram everybody knows each other! pity what a fight they had !!!  hahaha newargue

So very true... small world hre in Issan, thats why they have Pattaya   redman

Offline Bigbus

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »
My Dad told me many years ago if your going to play around make sure it is in a different "area code"..........

Offline buriramboy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »
My Dad told me many years ago if your going to play around make sure it is in a different "area code"..........

what your wife don't know wont hurt her.
I believe in open relationship but only in the condition above release stress and bring more energy to the relationship.
yes I know some of you will blame me and accuse me in dishonesty or even cheating but I don't see it this way at all.
safe sex always and not too often otherwise you have no reason to be married at all.........

dave the dude

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »

what your wife don't know wont hurt her. Wimmin & Elephants never forget!
I believe in open relationship but only in the condition above release stress and bring more energy to the relationship. You make the rules,you take the consequences
yes I know some of you will blame me and accuse me in dishonesty or even cheating but I don't see it this way at all. Nor did my mate who has just come out of hospital with 2 horrific Machete wounds!
safe sex always and not too often otherwise you have no reason to be married at all.........

Offline swimming pizza

• amazing thailand.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
agree with buriramboy but have to be careful with how you doing things.
 jumping7

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM