{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm  (Read 15531 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm
« on: May 25, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »
Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm 
Bangkok Post: 25 May 2010
BTS to run from 6am-10pm till Friday

* Published: 25/05/2010 at 02:32 PM

Skytrain services will operate from 6am to 10pm through to Friday night, elevated electric rail operator Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS) announced on Tuesday.

The announcement followed the cabinet's decision today to extend the curfew in Bangok and 23 provinces to Friday night. The new curfew time is from midnight to 4am.

Ratchadamri skytrain station will remain closed for now, BTS said.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:14 PM »
There is a 1 day BTS (Skytrain) pass that costs 140 baht. 

A maximum cost to the furthest station on the BTS is 45 Baht.  3 long trips and you are at 135 baht.   However, the airport connection is not part of the package. 

http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/01-ticketing-type-one-day-pass.aspx

I plan to try this option on an upcoming trip as I expect to go from end to end.  Last time I checked Bearing was the last station from Mo Chit, but it appears another has been added.  It also appears service hours are now 0600 - 2400.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:22:44 PM by urleft »

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:14:13 PM »
This topic was started by Admin in 2010. Just 1 single post.

7 years ago. The heading, and the info in the original post is clearly irrelevant now, and quite misleading.

Admin .... IMHO it's important to keep the Forum fresh, and deleting these ancient useless topics should be considered. There's bucketloads of ancient topics just gathering cobwebs in your system.

As far as the BTS is concerned, their operating hours have been 6am till midnight for at least the last 5 years.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:32:58 PM »

7 years ago. The heading, and the info in the original post is clearly irrelevant now, and quite misleading.

Admin .... IMHO it's important to keep the Forum fresh, and deleting these ancient useless topics should be considered. There's bucketloads of ancient topics just gathering cobwebs in your system.

As far as the BTS is concerned, their operating hours have been 6am till midnight for at least the last 5 years.

And ruin Urleft's fun of digging out 7 year old threads? He'd have nothing else to do.

Offline Mod

• Global Moderator
  • Reliable reporter on the right way
    • http://www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »

We keep old posts because it helps with Google searches. This website like most others has key words.

If we delete old posts and stories many key words will be lost. That means some people will not find us on the internet.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 06:46:51 AM »
I thought for a minute they were starting work already on the extension to I -Mobile stadium

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:48:02 PM »
Because of all the positive comments I am providing an update:

Bought the 1 day pass for 140 baht, this is almost like a regular card you get on a single fair.  You have to buy it at a ticket window, not a change window, they are different.  Which means if you haven't guessed that I went to the first manned window (change) I saw and they directed me to the ticket window. 

It seems that every time I took a trip they decremented the 140 baht cost by a baht.  So first time I used it 140 showed on the display, and my last use was 136.  It was very convenient not having to get new tickets and/or getting change.  So if you are going to make over 140 trips in a day you can have issues.

I finished my last ride about 6 pm today, as I was walking out I saw a young expat in the ticket machine line so I gave him my 1 day pass. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 06:35:22 AM »
Sounds like you are a trainspotter Keith!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
I got to spend 30 hours in Bangkok courtesy of the US Government, and when dealing with the US Government expect do a lot a waiting around.  So I got bought a 1 day pass again.  The pass as they say is only good for the day you buy it.  So if you buy it at 1 pm like I did, it expires at midnight.  I know this because when I tried to use the card I bought yesterday at 8 am today, it did not work.  No real surprise to me, but I wanted verification that it was not 24 hrs from time of purchase. 

So I bought a new 1 day pass today.  I could have saved 20 baht by buying individual trips, but the convenience of just having the single card and having the flexibility to change destinations on a whim made it worth the investment. 

As I finished my last ride at 1130am I saw an expat about to buy a Skytrain ticket, I tapped him on the shoulder and gave him my pass, he seemed happy and surprised saying Thanks. 

And as a bit a skytrain trivia, not all cars have 2 Air Conditioning units.  As I sat in the car from Mo Chit to Asoke I noticed it was warm.  Later I was in my hotel room overlooking the station and noticed several cars that only had 1 AC unit as opposed to those with AC units at both ends.  However, I am not sure these 1 lung cars can be identified from the boarding platform. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »
You are 100% a trainspotter Keith,,,,The guy who lurks around Buriram Station wearing an anorack ,with a camera slung around his neck looks very much like your goodself

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:03 AM »
You are 100% a trainspotter Keith,,,,The guy who lurks around Buriram Station wearing an anorack ,with a camera slung around his neck looks very much like your goodself

He likes trains because you don't need GPS to get to where you are going and they make him feel safe. We already know he has issues riding a motorbike and driving a car.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:06:35 AM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 07:20:40 AM »

ํYou used that term before "Trainspotter", as with a lot of your vocabulary this term is not used in the USA, so I had to go to the Oxford Dictionary: 

trainspotter
noun
British

1A person who collects train or locomotive numbers as a hobby.

1.1derogatory A person who obsessively studies the minutiae of any minority interest or specialized hobby.
    ?the idea is to make the music

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/trainspotter

And when I tried to understand what you meant by "anorack", even the Oxford Dictionary didn't know:

No exact matches found for "anorack"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&filter=dictionary&query=anorack

And knowing what a delightful, caring person you are I am going to assume you meant the derogatory definition.  But in this case there was some interest as I received several inquiries (which is why I made another posting on this subject). 

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:04:33 AM by jivvy »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Google anorak
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Anorak&oq=Anorak&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.14211j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-
It would beyond Urlefts range of thought that I may have put in one letter to many......Anyway ,he has not denied being 'one' either.
The nickname in England for an avid collector of train numbers ,or bus numbers is an 'anorak'
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:07:41 AM by nookiebear »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
Google anorak
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Anorak&oq=Anorak&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.14211j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-
It would beyond Urlefts range of thought that I may have put in one letter to many......Anyway ,he has not denied being 'one' either.
The nickname in England for an avid collector of train numbers ,or bus numbers is an 'anorak'

LOL, wow so because I had no idea what you are writing about it is my fault for not realizing I should have searched for  "anorak" not the "anorack" you wrote (neither of which are terms used in the US).    chairhit

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick