{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thunderstorms for much of Thailand  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Thunderstorms for much of Thailand
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »
Thunderstorms for much of Thailand 
Bangkok Post: 24 Apr 2010
Thunderstorm expected in Thailand

The Thai Meteorological Department has issued a warning on summer thunderstorm in the North, the Northeast, the Central and the East of Thailand on Saturday.

According to the warning, the ridge of moderate high pressure has extended to Laos and the Northeast of the country. Summer thunderstorms with isolated thundershowers, gust and hail are expected in these regions.

People in these regions should beware of severe weather from Saturday to Monday, it said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/175634/thunderstorm-expected-in-thailand

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Thunderstorms for much of Thailand
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »
It's pretty amazing, seems everytime it rains in Buriram, it is raining here is Alabama on the opposite part of the planet (and vise versa). 

Really rainy, windy, and thunder going on.  I am listening for the sirens warning of a tornado (have not heard of twisters around Buriram).

Cheers Y'all

den Buut

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
For once we have better weatherconditions than they in Buriram. bananadance broccoli1 bananadance

den Buut

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
''they have'' ofcourse.

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:28 AM »
We can't manage full-scale twisters (luckily), but do have small ones called dust-devils.  A couple of weeks ago, one woke me from an after-lunch nap by hurling debris at my windows.  As I looked out, I could see the leaves and bits of this and that whirling round in a circle about 50 feet across;  it dissipated in an adjacent paddy.  Then there are the pocket-sized ones about a foot across, which I've seen twice at Muang Tam in Surin (why only there, I have no idea).

But we do have summer windstorms which are frightening enough.  One of these came with a roar a couple of days ago, and we had an hour of winds of, I guess, 60-70 mph.  Only casualty:- one papaya tree.

It's real peaceful down here in the sticks!

dave the dude

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »
We can't manage full-scale twisters (luckily), but do have small ones called dust-devils.  A couple of weeks ago, one woke me from an after-lunch nap by hurling debris at my windows.  As I looked out, I could see the leaves and bits of this and that whirling round in a circle about 50 feet across;  it dissipated in an adjacent paddy.  Then there are the pocket-sized ones about a foot across, which I've seen twice at Muang Tam in Surin (why only there, I have no idea).

But we do have summer windstorms which are frightening enough.  One of these came with a roar a couple of days ago, and we had an hour of winds of, I guess, 60-70 mph.  Only casualty:- one papaya tree.

It's real peaceful down here in the sticks!

If they were not Twisters in Sangha, they were something sumular. Loads of structural damage and two people killed by falling debri !  :mad: :unsure:

Anyone seen ToTo?

isanbirder

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »
I thought it was a 'windstorm' in Sangha (which blows, very approximately, straight) as opposed to a twister, which spirals.  But, if you're in the way, what's in a name?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »
A bit late with the weather warning as we had one hell of a storm in Sakut on Friday afternoon.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick