{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 2010 formula 1 Grand Prix season  (Read 51627 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
2010 formula 1 Grand Prix season
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »
Hi F1 Bums

Well I have got everything booked for OZ GP and getting excited! Just done a check on my Hotel and it is on King street. Another report on the area says it is the place to go after dark if you want to get beaten up. Oh dear!

But what Ding Dong decided to rename the new Campos team    " Hispanic Racing Team".     HRT for short  confused4

TBWG  sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: 2010 formula 1 Grand Prix season
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »

The full 2010 Formula 1 entry list

1  Jenson BUTTON (GBR)        VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES (GB)
2  Lewis HAMILTON (GBR)       VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES (GB)

3  Michael SCHUMACHER (D)     MERCEDES GP PETRONAS FORMULA ONE TEAM
4  Nico ROSBERG (D)           MERCEDES GP PETRONAS FORMULA ONE TEAM

5  Sebastian VETTEL (DEU)     RED BULL RACING (AUT)
6  Mark WEBBER (AUS)          RED BULL RACING (AUT)

7  Felipe MASSA (BRA)         SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO (I)
8  Fernando ALONSO (ESP)      SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO (I)

9  Rubens BARRICHELLO (BRA)   AT&T WILLIAMS (GB)
10 Nico HÃœLKENBERG (D)        AT&T WILLIAMS (GB)

11 Robert KUBICA (POL)        RENAULT F1 TEAM (FRA)
12 Vitaly PETROV (RUS)        RENAULT F1 TEAM (FRA)

14 Adrian SUTIL (D)           FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM (IND)
15 Vitantonio LIUZZI (I)      FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM (IND)

16 Sébastien BUEMI (CH)       SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO (I)
17 Jaime ALGUERSUARI (ESP)    SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO (I)

18 Jarno TRULLI (I)           LOTUS RACING (MAL)
19 Heikki KOVALAINEN (FIN)    LOTUS RACING (MAL)

20 TBA                        HRT F1 TEAM (ESP)
21 Bruno SENNA (BRA)          HRT F1 TEAM (ESP)

22 Pedro DE LA ROSA (ESP)     BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM (CH)
23 Kamui KOBAYASHI (J)        BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM (CH)

24 Timo GLOCK (DEU)           VIRGIN RACING (GB)
25 Luca DI GRASSI (BRA)       VIRGIN RACING (GB)

Note: The USF1 Team have indicated that they will not be in a position to participate in 2010.

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »
Hi F1 Bums

Well I have got everything booked for OZ GP and getting excited! Just done a check on my Hotel and it is on King street. Another report on the area says it is the place to go after dark if you want to get beaten up. Oh dear!

But what Ding Dong decided to rename the new Campos team    " Hispanic Racing Team".     HRT for short  confused4

TBWG  sawadi

Well the last seat goes to ~~~~

Chandhok announced as HRT driver

Karun ChandhokKarun Chandhok has been confirmed at the new HRT Formula 1 team, ahead of its official presentation in Spain today.

Chandhok will be presented to the public at the Murcia unveiling, which is set to confirm the team's new identity and its plans for 2010.

Colin Kolles, HRT's team principal, said: "I am very pleased to use the Murcia site to officially unveil our car livery today. We also complete the driver's team line-up with the Indian Karun Chandhok at the wheel of the car for our first ever season.

"We have been very impressed with Karun's performance in GP2. India is a great country. It will be great for the sport to have an Indian driver on the grid for the first Indian Grand Prix. Murcia is part of the roots of the team.

"Everything is now in place after an impossible race against time to register the team's name and I truly believe that we have an excellent platform to build on and move forward for a strong 2010 performance. Now, we need to work together. We need to learn together and keep developing as a team."

Jose Ramon Carabantes, the team chairman, added: "The new HRT F1 Team, Hispania Racing F1 Team is born in Murcia. I am proud to welcome you in Murcia where the team has its roots and to have given to my country the pride of the first ever Spanish Formula 1 team.

"The name of the team contains the word Hispania, which is not only the name of one of my companies, but Hispania was also the Roman name for the Iberian Peninsula. That reflects now our team's new identity. 2010 will be a major debut for the team and drivers at the wheel of our HRT F1 Team car."

Keep taking the tablets!  hahaha

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Alonso takes Bahrain for Ferrari. Massa 2nd and Hamilton 3rd. Vettel 4th, Rosberg 5th and Schummi a respectable 6th. Over to you TBWG....

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »
Alonso takes Bahrain for Ferrari. Massa 2nd and Hamilton 3rd. Vettel 4th, Rosberg 5th and Schummi a respectable 6th. Over to you TBWG....
I watched it......Sorry I was bored to tears

Lourens

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »

Why would you be watching something that bores you to tears? I would have changed channels long before tears developed.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »

Why would you be watching something that bores you to tears? I would have changed channels long before tears developed.
As it was the first race of this new season I was interested to see how the new regulations would work out,,,Sadly it seems to have made it a far less intersting sport to watch

The cricket had finished.....The football hadn't started

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »
[/b]

Hi Bums

Well as the forum F1 pundit I would like to give all of you the benefit of my extremely limited and biased F1 knowledge.  hahaha

However I should admit that I unashamedly support Brit Drivers plus The Williams Team and my first love Lotus, I go back to the Hill/Clarke days when racing drivers were real men and sported dashing moustaches confused4 Well Graham Hill anyway!

But first of all credit where credit is due... I watched the coverage at Paddy's Irish bar and was astounded to see BBC coverage with Brundle et al commentating. However, even he could not liven up this boring sporting spectactular. How can you spend billions of dollars and end up with such a mediocre event.. ah well spose most of it goes in Bernies Bin!

I am pleased to say that so far my predictions have been spot on ... I have gone on record somewhere saying that Vettel will be 2010 World Champ (reliability issues permitting) so fairly accurate there!

Well I won't bother to review the race as I might drop off, but a question for all you quiz fiends ... Has there ever been a Thai F1 driver and if so what was his/her name.  Prize  a bunch of bananas for first correct entry. 

To show just how seriously I take my role as Buriram Expats F1 bore, I am just about to start packing to go to Melbourne to cover the race in depth... Admin can you arrange Press Accreditation for me?

This is a rather expensive procedure and the cost is borne 100% by me, so should you wish to leave the odd thousand baht note behind the bar at Paddys I will put it to good use ~~~~ failing that you could always front up for a bottle of Archa! biggrinbar

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »
That was a good one..  happy1
F1 coverage by TBWG voluntarily expat activist. >:D sissies
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:29:53 PM by ADMIN »

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
[/b]

Hi Bums

Well as the forum F1 pundit I would like to give all of you the benefit of my extremely limited and biased F1 knowledge.  hahaha

Well I won't bother to review the race as I might drop off, but a question for all you quiz fiends ... Has there ever been a Thai F1 driver and if so what was his/her name.  Prize  a bunch of bananas for first correct entry. 

Ok is that answers on a postcard! or pm? anyway have PM'd you :OP

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 08:48:20 PM »
[/b]

Hi Bums

Ok is that answers on a postcard! or pm? anyway have PM'd you :OP

Well F1 fans a bunch oif bananas goes to marauding scot who PM'd me with the correct answer, however to keep you all in suspense i won't reveal the answer, so that we can see who else knows and is first to post on forum.

Just to keep the nail biting tension at fever pitch does anyone know the  thailandflag Thai national racing colour!  e.g UK = British Racing Green  Italy = Scarlet Red

TBWG sawadi

Offline maraudingscot

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

Well F1 fans a bunch oif bananas goes to marauding scot who PM'd me with the correct answer, however to keep you all in suspense i won't reveal the answer, so that we can see who else knows and is first to post on forum.

Just to keep the nail biting tension at fever pitch does anyone know the  thailandflag Thai national racing colour!  e.g UK = British Racing Green  Italy = Scarlet Red

Cool   broccoli1 do I get another bunch of bananas for correct answer to this  smilenod

Anyway just to keep this open to see if anyone else sends you correct answer, I will pm you the answer to this as well....... if I am wrong do I lose my first banana bunch!!!   :(

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »

Cool   broccoli1 do I get another bunch of bananas for correct answer to this  smilenod

Anyway just to keep this open to see if anyone else sends you correct answer, I will pm you the answer to this as well....... if I am wrong do I lose my first banana bunch!!!   :(

Right again,thats a second bunch of Bananas party3 in the mail to Jockistan, watch out for the mailman!

TBWG sawadi

Offline maraudingscot

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »

Right again,thats a second bunch of Bananas party3 in the mail to Jockistan, watch out for the mailman!

TBWG sawadi

WOOHOO  broccoli1 broccoli1 broccoli1 at this rate I will be able to keep my elephant happy and well fed!

ok anymore anymore hu hu hu! wubbar

lol soz getting carried away there. anyway TBWG have a great time in Oz, will look out for you when watching it on tv. (wonder if I can get the g/f to take me to irish bar in buriram to see it? ) confused1

and hope to catch up with you when you get back.

Regards
MS

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
Hi Bums

Wait no longer here is the GP report you have all been waiting for.............................Well I had better get it out before Malaysia tomorrow, that should be a goody!

Well I am finally back from my trip to the Australian GP and hope to provide you with in depth coverage of all the action.  However, firstly when I arrived at the GP press office and demanded my Buriram Expats accreditation pack I was told  " Pom, go pee up a rope" it transpires that we had not paid the registration fee of US$25,000 in used notes! I argued that this was tantamount to blackmail and demanded to report this disgraceful situation to Mr Ecclestone. Only to be told that said dosh should be put in a plain brown envelope addressed to Mr B Ecclestone!  So I doubt I would get much sympathy there!

So I excused myself with as much dignity as I could muster and adjourned to the grandstand. On the way I made a purchase of a can of Boag's Best beer .... A$ 6.50 yup A$ 6.50 now for us economically challenged Brits that's 4 quid a can! not even a pint!  Being a cheap Charlie used to drinking Archa at 35 baht a large bottle, the chances of me getting pissed on this jolly was exceedingly slim. angrybar

First of all a bit of background about Melbourne, I stayed in the CBD (city business district) nice wide roads (ideal for doing donuts and burn outs in the Merc) well organised tram system and compliant pedestrians who to the man obey the crossing signals. So I arrived mid-dayish and was staggered by all the places to eat in fact almost every shop was a restaurant, bistro or coffee house so I was salivating at the choice and planning my evening meals should I not get an invite to the GP ball or be entertained by any of the teams!

Imagine my surprise when after being left off the GP ball guest list due to some admin blunder I went to the CBD to have a bite to eat only to find that all of the eating places closed at 5.00 pm when the office workers go home! So my first meal in Oz a burger in Nando's!

Well back to the cars, lot's of supporting races with the V8 saloons being the Aussie's favourites, only 2 makes Ford or Holden with the country split 50/50 with bitter rivalry, but we are here for the big boys F1!

Now everyone covers the big boys so I will start at the a**e end of the grid  with the newcomers.... Virgin Racing, Lotus and HRT (can you believe that name) Given their lack of lead time and the fact that they had no choice but to use the least powerful engine on the grid I feel they have made a sterling effort, the cars all look the part but have been let down by hydraulic gear selection problems in the X-trac gearboxes which are bought in components. Lotus are the team to beat in this group I  think mainly due to the fact they have 2 established race winning drivers in the team and did not need to employ pay drivers.

Over the entire GP duration the weather was very changeable, rain, sun, wind, hot & cold in fact I learnt this is typical Melbourne weather, a bummer for a travelling light tourist but great for spicing up the racing and thanks too the late start rain conveniently arrived during some sessions

This leads to a some of the new boys doing a lot of rally crossing and "Kamikaze" Kobayashi trashing a couple of nose wings on what I think is the best looking car on the grid i.e. the Ferrari engined BMW Sauber (go figure that out).

By now all the Aussies are in a state of near bliss as home boy Mark Webber qualifies on the front row and they are all convinced its a done deal and he has a win in the bag!

Row 1   Sebastian Vettel 1′23.919
Red Bull-Renault   

Mark Webber 1′24.035
Red Bull-Renault
Row 2   Fernando Alonso 1′24.111
Ferrari   

Jenson Button 1′24.675
McLaren-Mercedes
Row 3   Felipe Massa 1′24.837
Ferrari   

Nico Rosberg 1′24.884
Mercedes
Row 4   Michael Schumacher 1′24.927
Mercedes   

Rubens Barrichello 1′25.217
Williams-Cosworth
Row 5   Robert Kubica 1′25.372
Renault   

Adrian Sutil 1′26.036
Force India-Mercedes
Row 6   Lewis Hamilton 1′25.184
McLaren-Mercedes   

Sebastien Buemi 1′25.638
Toro Rosso-Ferrari
Row 7   Vitantonio Liuzzi 1′25.743
Force India-Mercedes   

Pedro de la Rosa 1′25.747
Sauber-Ferrari
Row 8   Nico Hülkenberg 1′25.748
Williams-Cosworth   

Kamui Kobayashi 1′25.777
Sauber-Ferrari
Row 9   Jaime Alguersuari 1′26.089
Toro Rosso-Ferrari   

Vitaly Petrov 1′26.471
Renault
Row 10   Heikki Kovalainen 1′28.797
Lotus-Cosworth   

Jarno Trulli 1′29.111
Lotus-Cosworth
Row 11   Timo Glock 1′29.592
Virgin-Cosworth   

Lucas di Grassi 1′30.185
Virgin-Cosworth
Row 12   Bruno Senna 1′30.526
HRT-Cosworth   

Karun Chandhok 1′30.613
HRT-Cosworth

Well after a days racing a good meal is required, so I have now located Lygon street which is were all the restaurants are situated, it is also known as "Little Italy" and things there are a bit subdued as they can't quite make out if their glass is half empty or half full. I sympathise as a Brit things could be better (we are in the half empty category). But what the hell I'll have a Thai meal and the lamb massaman curry hits the spot!

By now we all know what happened next ............ Rain arrives dead on time at 5.00pm Saturday start time. Alonso does a pirouette right in front of yours truly and gets away dead last even after the chase car! Must admit I am not a fan of "The Brat" but he did well to recover to 4th, Kamikaze took flying lessons over the top of Hulkenberg, Hamilton was sacrificed for a look at his tyres to Buttons benefit. Vettel conveniently parked it after disappearing into the distance and Kubica surprised everyone by bringing it home 2nd. Home boy Webber converted his win into an 8th place. Button did the business for a GB win, greatbritainflag I did not do too much cheering for fear of getting a fat lip from irate Aussie's but sod the expense I did sink a few beers.

Your F1 sporting correspondent  TBWG sawadi

PS Admin I will send some video clips via e mail to you for attachment as soon as I figure out how to download the bl**dy things from my Iphone!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick