{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: used vespa  (Read 3977 times)

lamui

used vespa
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
I found a used vespa without documentation, can i do at the Land Transport Office?

thank s

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: used vespa
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
Read here!  fastclapping

Documents required for registration

In case you want to buy a motorcycle which has already been registered in Thailand (transfer of ownership), or buy an unregistered motorcycle at a motorcycle shop (fresh registration),
you need to prepare following two documents:

Passport / Visa
Address Certificate
Until a few years ago, a foreigner was required to possess a work permit to register a motor vehicle in Thailand. This requisite was somewhat eased later to possession of a non-immigrant visa (of any kind). Moreover, since 2001, a foreigner with a tourist visa can register a motor vehicle in his own name. One thing you should bear in mind, however, is that Thai government officials are often unaware of recent changes in laws and regulations. So, if you're asked to present a work permit to register a motor vehicle, you must remind them that a tourist visa is good enough.

A foreigner must also produce some kind of official proof of his address in Thailand. Usually, this takes the form of an “address certificate” issued by your embassy in Thailand. Here's a catch. Embassies of some countries, like Japan, issue address certificates only to non-immigrant visa holders. The U.S. embassy, as I hear, issues address certificates, or “affidavit of residency” as they call it, to just about anyone with a US passport upon request.

An alternative is to get an address certificate from a local Immigration Office. In Bangkok, this requires possession of a non-immigrant visa, anyway, and the fee is 500B, which is cheaper than getting one at your embassy. The situation - and the fee - vary in other provinces. Immigration Offices in Pattaya and Phuket , for example, are known to issue address certificates to those with only a tourist visa.
 party3
http://www.motorcycle.in.th/wiki/doku.php/registration

lamui

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
sorry  chairhit, I forget specified that, my wife (Thai) would like to buy these vespa..., but the problem is , motorcycle don t have any document
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:48:31 PM by lamui »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
If you build a kit car in your home country and want to register it - they will want to check it over thoroughly, including checks that the frame and engine are not stolen parts.
Its a similar set up here when you present them with an un-registered 2nd hand bike.
Most people wouldn't touch a bike without a book and/plate - but out of the big cities nobody cares and the cost is often half what it would be if it were 'legal'

Buying a new motorbike is a completely different story - and much less painful.
 sissies

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM