{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thaiglish  (Read 27622 times)

Lourens

Thaiglish
« on: October 11, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »
I was sitting around minding my own business when my wife entered and said: "Look how I painted my feet fingers." It took me a while to realise she was pointing to her toes.  happy3

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Thaiglish
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »
 :laugh: you take care no pompem . confused2 sometimes just listening thai-farang couple conversation can be so funny..  party6

Another thing I want to ask you,isan members.... how do you spell isaan in english?

Isan
Isaan
Isarn
Issan
Esarn

I think the right way is "Isaan" as the isaan people's accent.. ?? confused3

what do you think ?

Lourens

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »
...sometimes just listening thai-farang couple conversation can be so funny..

I agree, it can be funny but personally I think it is degrading to talk to someone who does not speak English well in the same manner that they speak. How will they ever learn to speak propperly? I will be the first to admit that my English skills are not 100% but speaking to my wife in the best English I can manage has taught her to speak a much improved English in the same amount of time as a friend's wife who speaks Thaiglish to his wife. It only makes sense to me.  blah2

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:52:14 PM »

HI

This reminds me of once having a meal with a fellow forum member (Rayban) and I asked his son if he wanted some sapparut spl? and Ray said that their policy was to only ever speak to their son in English. A policy I now pursue with my stepson and his English has improved considerably!

Thanks Ray love5

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »

HI

This reminds me of once having a meal with a fellow forum member (Rayban) and I asked his son if he wanted some sapparut spl? and Ray said that their policy was to only ever speak to their son in English. A policy I now pursue with my stepson and his English has improved considerably!

Thanks Ray love5

TBWG sawadi

Hi
So he must be Turbo-charged now TBWG  jumping1

I too can only really speak to my son-in-law in English but he is (as most Thais are) so shy, he rarely replies in English(or at all). But then again, at least he is no longer theiving from me (other thread refers)  jumping3 party6

Dave

Offline PBarnfeather

• Contributor with future
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »
I think communication is communication. My wife and I speak a combination of Thai, English, Kmer, and sign language to each other. I say--if it works it's OK.

Offline freshy

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »
คำอังกฤษที่มักใช้ผิด(ความหมาย)
English words often used the wrong (meaning).

1. Would you like to try some Thai Foot (Food)? It's very delicious.
คุณอยากจะลองกินส้นตีนไทย(อาหาร)ไทย บ้างไหม? (อร่อยนะ จะบอกให้ หมักถุงเท้ามา 3 วันแล้ว)

2. Acharn Chris , I will give you a Massage (Message) tomorrow.
อาจารย์คริสขา เดี๋ยวพรุ่งนี้หนูนวด(ส่งข้อความ) ให้นะคะ (มาเลยกำลังเมื่อยพอดี)

3. I was Burn (Born) in Bangkok in 1997.
ฉันถูกเผา(เกิด)ที่กรุงเทพฯในปี1997 (เฮ้ย อย่างนี้ก็ผีนี่หว่า)

4. I ate Lice (Rice) with my girl friend yesterday.

เมื่อวานนี้ผมไปกินเหา(ข้าว) กับแฟน (แฟนผมเป็นลิง She is a monkey, her name is ไข่นุ้ย)

5. I like to watch Goat (Ghost) movies.

ผมชอบดูหนังแพะ (ผี) มาก (สงสัยบ้านผีแพะภาค 8)

6. I like to Freeze (Feed) my dog every Sunday.

ผมชอบเอาหมาไปแช่แข็ง(ให้อาหาร) ทุกวันอาทิตย์ (แล้วพอวันอังคารก็เอามันมาตุ๋นยาจีน)

7. Can I have a Shit (Cheese) Burger and a Feet (fish) Burger please?
ขอเบอร์เกอร์ขี้ (ชีส) กับเบอร์เกอร์ตีน (ปลา) หน่อยครับ (อาหารเด็ดประจำแมคเขาว่าแต่สาขาไหนฟะ)

8. Can I have some French Flies (Fries) please?
ขอแมลงวันฝรั่งเศส (มันฝรั่งทอด) 1 ที่ค่ะ

9. I like to Pray (Play) computer at night.

ผมชอบไหว้ (เล่น) คอมพิวเตอร์ตอนกลางคืน (สงสัยคอมฯ บ้านนี้จะศักดิ์สิทธิ์ ขอหวยกันทุกวัน)

10. Wow, look at the big Cow (Crown) o­n Miss Thailand's head.

โอ้โห วัว(มงกุฎ) บนหัวมิสไทยแลนด์ใหญ่จังเลย (นางสาวไทย นะยะ ไม่ใช่นางงามจัมโบ้)

giggle
Source: http://blog.eduzones.com/friends/14846?page2=58&page=&page3=
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:02:25 PM by ADMIN »

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 02:09:55 AM »
Hiya, having read this by Freshy, I just thought I would run this through the translator Iuse online to see how the result compared  jumping1

คุณอยากจะลองกินส้นตีนไทย(อาหาร)ไทย บ้างไหม? (อร่อยนะ จะบอกให้ หมักถุงเท้ามา 3 วันแล้ว)
Would you like to try to eat Sgneen Thai (food), some Thai silk? (I will give you delicious fermented socks for 3 days).

2. Acharn Chris , I will give you a Massage (Message) tomorrow.

อาจารย์คริสขา เดี๋ยวพรุ่งนี้หนูนวด(ส่งข้อความ) ให้นะคะ (มาเลยกำลังเมื่อยพอดี)
Christopher Wharton professor. Moment tomorrow, I massage (Message) I give in. (I'm on the network fit.)

3. I was Burn (Born) in Bangkok in 1997.

ฉันถูกเผา(เกิด)ที่กรุงเทพฯในปี1997 (เฮ้ย อย่างนี้ก็ผีนี่หว่า)
I've been burned (created) in Bangkok in 1997 (hey this mindset was a ghost.)

4. I ate Lice (Rice) with my girl friend yesterday.

เมื่อวานนี้ผมไปกินเหา(ข้าว) กับแฟน (แฟนผมเป็นลิง She is a monkey, her name is ไข่นุ้ย)
Yesterday I went to lice (rice) and fans (I'm a Fan Ling She is a monkey, her name is Khai Nui).

5. I like to watch Goat (Ghost) movies.

ผมชอบดูหนังแพะ (ผี) มาก (สงสัยบ้านผีแพะภาค 8)
I like watching movies goat (Ghost) was the (suspected house ghost goat sector 8).

6. I like to Freeze (Feed) my dog every Sunday.

ผมชอบเอาหมาไปแช่แข็ง(ให้อาหาร) ทุกวันอาทิตย์ (แล้วพอวันอังคารก็เอามันมาตุ๋นยาจีน)
I like dogs frozen (for food) every Sunday (Tuesday, it is enough to take it to steamed Chinese medicine).

7. Can I have a Shit (Cheese) Burger and a Feet (fish) Burger please?

ขอเบอร์เกอร์ขี้ (ชีส) กับเบอร์เกอร์ตีน (ปลา) หน่อยครับ (อาหารเด็ดประจำแมคเขาว่าแต่สาขาไหนฟะ)
I feel burgers (cheese) burger with Paw (fish) me offline (Mac Food pick him regularly, but which branch fa).

8. Can I have some French Flies (Fries) please?[/b][/color]
ขอแมลงวันฝรั่งเศส (มันฝรั่งทอด) 1 ที่ค่ะ
We fly France (French fries), 1 in..

9. I like to Pray (Play) computer at night.[/b][/color]
ผมชอบไหว้ (เล่น) คอมพิวเตอร์ตอนกลางคืน (สงสัยคอมฯ บ้านนี้จะศักดิ์สิทธิ์ ขอหวยกันทุกวัน)
I like to pay homage to (play) computer at night (suspect's home computer is sacred. For the lottery every day).

10. Wow, look at the big Cow (Crown) o­n Miss Thailand's head.[/color]

โอ้โห วัว(มงกุฎ) บนหัวมิสไทยแลนด์ใหญ่จังเลย (นางสาวไทย นะยะ ไม่ใช่นางงามจัมโบ้)

Oh Ho cows (crown) on the head, Miss Thailand Chang big at all (I Miss Thailand Miss Ya no jumbo).
giggle
Source: http://blog.eduzones.com/friends/14846?page2=58&page=&page3=

isanbirder

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 06:39:04 AM »
:laugh: you take care no pompem . confused2 sometimes just listening thai-farang couple conversation can be so funny..  party6

Another thing I want to ask you,isan members.... how do you spell isaan in english?

Isan
Isaan
Isarn
Issan
Esarn

I think the right way is "Isaan" as the isaan people's accent.. ?? confused3

what do you think ?

There is no right way;  you pays your money and you takes your choice.  I must admit I was pleased today, however, to see the Bangkok Post using Isan...which matches my forum name!

Offline freshy

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
Hiya, having read this by Freshy, I just thought I would run this through the translator Iuse online to see how the result compared  jumping1

Would you like to try to eat Sgneen Thai (food), some Thai silk? (I will give you delicious fermented socks for 3 days).
Hi maraudingscot. love5
The thai sentences inside the last brackets of every heading
are not the translated of the English sentences. But it is private joke sentence of a person who write these sentences up has added.

party13 giggle fairydust

Offline tonypace01

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
I wonder if somewhere there is a forum in which Thais extol the humor of Farang trying to use the Thai language, expressions which translated accurately might come out,
I need to have a toilet rapidly. or
Day every I sox blue have wear.
Having studied a few languages, I have enourmous respect for someone who will study a foreign language despite the fact he will probably never get to country where that language is spoken. One can only learn any language by speaking it and listening to it. Sometimes, and in certain venues, this opens the learner to criticism and ridicule. So learning a language often takes courage and my hat is off to anyone who will try to use English, one of the world's most bastardized languages, especially if it is done incorrectly.  We learn a language the same way we learn to walk. After falling on our faces a few times, we get better at it.

isanbirder

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 06:19:38 AM »
I remember an occasion when I said to my partner what I thought meant, "I'm going to do the washing tomorrow morning".  He looked at me strangely, and replied, "What you've just said means, "I'm going to round up the elephants in the forest'"  That's been good for a laugh between us ever since.  (Don't try and re-translate into Thai;  I can't!)

Offline freshy

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »
I remember an occasion when I said to my partner what I thought meant, "I'm going to do the washing tomorrow morning".  He looked at me strangely, and replied, "What you've just said means, "I'm going to round up the elephants in the forest'"  That's been good for a laugh between us ever since.  (Don't try and re-translate into Thai;  I can't!)
This is Thai sentence            "Chan Ja Lai Ton Chang Nai Pa"
which in English sentence is "I'm going to round up the elephants in the forest'"

winkboy party13
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:30:30 AM by freshy »

isanbirder

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »
This is Thai sentence            "Chan Ja Lai Ton Chang Nai Pa"
which in English sentence is "I'm going to round up the elephants in the forest'"

winkboy party13

Thanks, Freshy... I could never make it work!

abnaasefmb

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
I remember telling a translator that I feel sad, because I was leaving Thailand, pom rueshak sow. Problem being I didn’t get the tone on “sow” right, so I really said “I feel like a school girl”. That got a funny look and then some explaining.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick