{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Land Infill  (Read 5257 times)

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
Land Infill
« on: January 15, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
   Using infill clay,soil ? I as many people in Isaan have bought large amounts of infill to raise the land. I have had over 250 lorry loads during the last 5years,and still require more. I needed it to build my house,and also to raise the land due to flooding during the wet season. Something to bear in mind when you purchase land to build upon. This is the time of year when heavy machinery can be used to excavate the clay. I know that many farmers get paid for the clay which is dug from their land,but how many fish ponds are viable.
   The problem as I see it,is that it can only be dug once. Surely the long term loss of rice paddy outweighs the short term benefit of a quick buck. To breed fish on a small scale is not viable neither, as fish are sold in abundance in our village and very cheap.
   The operators with the excavators and trucks tend to work locally to save on transport costs, they have no trouble selling it, and I consider 275baht a small price for a truck load. I had 10 loads recently for the track to my place. Hard core or crushed concrete would have been much better,but it does not seem available.
   I believe that it will cause a lot of problems in the future,and could expect that the authorities will put a stop to it, by issuing licences or permits for excavation. Surely the soil is an infinite resource, and although it is not quality soil it is all they have.  oldmanwithstick

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Land Infill
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »
I'm sorry but I find your post a little baffling..........What is it you're actually asking???or are you telling us your personal findings/thoughts>>>>>>>>>>.

dave the dude

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:24 AM »
Thai's (around here) generally don't consider long term implications of anything IMO. jumping8
You are using your logical western mind, pbee. This must be limited over here  jumping8 surrender1.

Dont forget to let the infill settle for at least one rainy season or better still, a year.
That way it will help minimise the future movement cracks in your property.

Right, thats this months quota of sensible, logical thoughts over-with.

Dave

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
Nookiebear. The point is that it is not a good idea to turn rice paddy into a pond.For a quick baht. brick1

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
Nookiebear. The point is that it is not a good idea to turn rice paddy into a pond.For a quick baht. brick1
Not always true,Not all Thais are as thick as housebricks,several of these 'ponds' now make it possible for a second rice crop which wasn't possible before due to lack of water.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick