{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 197019 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
Thanks Co-co,

No I haven't posted on TV but I'm in direct Contact with Ubon Joe on this. He already advised me to call 1111. We called and they said they will call back but won't hold my breath.

No ... Way I am going to pay for my extension, if the ... hits the fan and they found out that the extension is "fake" I will be in deep .... and that is one thing I don't want in this Country to happen. Everything I have done here (all extensions etc etc) have all been done the legal way and that is IMO the only way to do it.

Thanks for your kind words

I have huge respect for Ubon Joe - I have had a number of exchanges with him about various situations - always a sensible and practical answer from him.

Keep the 'acquired' extension in perspective - it is NOT fake. The stamps are as genuine as anyone else's. They are inserted in your passport by an IO same as anyone else. You are entered on the system same as anyone else.

The risk is that if that they suddenly put a stop to the practice you won't have the option again at renewal. Personally, I can't see it ending soon as so many people are earning out of it.

i would only use this option if no other was available.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
Question,

Is that extension available for Marriage extension or "over 50" only, as I don't (yet) qualify for the last one ;)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »
Question,

Is that extension available for Marriage extension or "over 50" only, as I don't (yet) qualify for the last one ;)

You lucky Bugger!!  :)

No Mike, it is only available for retirement extensions. 

(The world REALLY is against you at the moment  ;D)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2015, 12:48:27 PM »

Lucky or unlucky bugger it only depends on how you look at it ;)

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
okay, not that this information is all that helpful but maybe it is;

I just called Jomtien immigrations and they said the 90 day online reporting is up and running for them. This would mean iammike, you can use the online 90 day report program but use the chonburi address you have. They said it should go thru.

Now, here's the kicker, (and this is the first time I've been told this); you must use an email from either yahoo, gmail, or hotmail. They said NONE of the other email providers will receive the confirmations.

Anyway, try your 90 day report online using your house in chonburi's address, but remember you can do it ONLY between 15 and 7 days BEFORE your report is really due. It's a narrow 8 day window..

Give it a shot if you can.   

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
Hi Tod,

Where do you get all these numbers ;) all the numbers I Have from Jomtien Immigration never get answered 5555

I am 1 step ahead of you and tried that, and I am pleased to say ............. It failed with "contact your immigration blah blah blah". I checked and I can do the report (last entry is oke and timeframe is oke) but it still failed.

No problem we are going to Pattaya on Sunday and do the 90 day there on Wednesday, so that gives us some time to do some shopping and most Importantly my wife will make a new passport for our "forced" (every 90 day) traveling to other countries;)

Edit: On advice from Ubon Joe, I will also give Jomtien Immigration a TM 28 and Tm 30 with address in Buriram.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:23:42 PM by iammike »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
Hi Tod,

Where do you get all these numbers ;) all the numbers I Have from Jomtien Immigration never get answered 5555

I am 1 step ahead of you and tried that, and I am pleased to say ............. It failed with "contact your immigration blah blah blah". I checked and I can do the report (last entry is oke and timeframe is oke) but it still failed.

No problem we are going to Pattaya on Sunday and do the 90 day there on Wednesday, so that gives us some time to do some shopping and most Importantly my wife will make a new passport for our "forced" (every 90 day) traveling to other countries;)

Edit: On advice from Ubon Joe, I will also give Jomtien Immigration a TM 28 and Tm 30 with address in Buriram.

Stick with this one Mike, I want to see the report of you getting your extension at KCI (without a yellow book).

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
Oh, I found a download off the main immigrations website that has EVERY immigrations office in the country and all the border crossings phone numbers faxes, etc.  :P

Sorry to hear you got the "please contact your local immigrations office" error. When you go to Jomtien to do that 90 day report, ask the gurl to print out the information they have on you. There's something wrong with the data usually your last entered thailand date.

Also while I hate to disagree with Ubon Joe) I know you're just tryin' to do that because KCI wouldn't take the forms but, you don't turn in the TM.28, TM.30 when you leave a province, you turn it in when you get to where ever you're moving to. Let us know if Jomtien takes them from you. If they do, AND if they actually update the data base, you'll already be listed as residing up there. That'd short circuit the stonewall you're getting.. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »
You are absolutely correct

Last message by Joe

That is for reporting at Kap Choeng immigration. Pattaya will not accept a change of address with your Buriram address on it.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
I know of two people who were told directly by KCI that their Embassy letter verifying their income were a forgery and they were denied an extension.
One is a Brit and the other an Aussie.

Which just shows what a bunch of koonts they are!

Who ? The two that got busted or KCI? :biggrin:

Why would you consider Farangs (who have legitimate paperwork) to be koonts GL  ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »
I know of two people who were told directly by KCI that their Embassy letter verifying their income were a forgery and they were denied an extension.
One is a Brit and the other an Aussie.

Which just shows what a bunch of koonts they are!

Who ? The two that got busted or KCI? :biggrin:

Why would you consider Farangs (who have legitimate paperwork) to be koonts GL  ?
[/quote

Who said I did? You sure like putting words in other mouths. :P

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:29 PM »
Has anyone obtained a yellow book from Lam Plai Mat?  Other than MIL, her blue book, marriage document that was issued there, photos.....anything else?  Wife says dealing with Buriram easy but Lam Plai Mat not so easy.    knuppel2

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »
Has anyone obtained a yellow book from Lam Plai Mat?  Other than MIL, her blue book, marriage document that was issued there, photos.....anything else?  Wife says dealing with Buriram easy but Lam Plai Mat not so easy.    knuppel2

Tried to edit but option not available..... moved to the yellow book thread.

Offline Matt Gregory

• Bonat Bar And Restraunt
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »
Just so everyone knows that if you go to Malaysia to apply for a multiple entry one year non immigrant O visa based on marriage you will not get it as they know have changed their policy and only give out single entry visa's.

When I asked why they said the applicant has to be Malay to be eligible for a multiple entry visa. Therefore you have to apply in your home country.

I don't know if this applies to other countries, maybe someone could enlighten me on this.

I was in Malaysia last week when I got this information.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
^ same info I got.

So Savvanakhet Laos is still the best place to go for a Multiple Non-O (based on Marriage)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick