{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 198563 times)

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »
You've got your wires crossed there "gotlost". There is no standard requirement that foreigners get the yellow house book in ANY province.. And NO, the owner of a dwelling who rents to you DOESN'T hafta agree to let you get one. You're quoting a law which doesn't exist. 

It is NOT mandatory that a foreigner possess a yellow house book to garner a yearly extension of stay, no matter what reason they're getting that extension for.

"iammike" - your mistake is talking to immigrations about something they don't do and don't know anything about.. They don't issue yellow house books, period, end of story. I wouldn't trust a thing they'd say about what Amphur does or doesn't issue them.

Now the way it is supposed to work is; if you previously got a yearly extension of stay in say Jomtien, then moved to a place under the jurisdiction of KCI you'd have to;
1) Fill out the TM.28 change of address form
2) Have the home owner fill out the TM.30 house master reporting a foreigner living in their property form
3) go to immigrations with the house owner, their blue house book and turn the formz

Then, by having done that you can do your 90 day reporting and apply for yearly extensions of stay at the new office. But, as I said there is NO requirement you get a yellow house book to get an extension of stay OR do a 90 day report

Now should you, for some strange reason want a yellow house book, EVERY Amphur in the country has to issue them to a foreigner IF the thai owner of the property says it's okay. There is no "opt out", "we don't do that here" choice for them..

I'd call the government hotline at 1111.. You can get the number of someone who will call and convince a recalcitrant paper pusher at the Amphur to issue the book. I believe it's more they don't know how to do it rather than they can't.. 

Coincidentally or not. Mostly to check what's what..

I just called KCI at 04-455-9127 spoke to a super nice guy there. (Now his english was fair to middlin, but we spoke in thai). I told him, I used to live in Chonburi for several years, and have an extension of stay based on being married to a thai national. However, now we've moved to Surin and I need to use Kap Choeng Immigrations. I asked IF I went there, turned in the TM.28 (change of address) and my wife turned in the TM.30 (foreigner living in a place) and showed her blue house book, could I then do my 90 day reporting AND apply for my yearly extensions of stay in Kap Choeng, even though I don't have a yellow house book?

He said, no problem, you don't need a yellow house book to do either a 90 day report OR get apply for a yearly extension of stay. 

At least that's the info I just got from him on the phone.. Your mileage may vary...

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
"You've got your wires crossed there "gotlost". There is no standard requirement that foreigners get the yellow house book in ANY province.. And NO, the owner of a dwelling who rents to you DOESN'T hafta agree to let you get one. You're quoting a law which doesn't exist.  "

I never said there was. No two amphora in Thailand have the same requirements and the YTB has never been finalized by the  Thai government so there fore you have a major cockup. As for immigration in Isaan you can tell them their full of it. They have the stamp and Bangkok is more than glade to let them call the shoots.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:09:39 AM by gotlost »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
I know of two people who were told directly told by KCI that their Embassy letter verifying their income were a forgery and they were denied an extension.
One is a Brit and the other an Aussie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:21:16 AM by gotlost »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
Tod,

My wife (who is still at the Amphur waiting) will call them now and ask again, but I doubt that the story will be different, but if it is why did they tell us before they can help us I need to get the YTB.

They were even laughing and saying send 90 day by Post to Pattaya which I replied to Pattaya not accept Mail in reports, and he said "Don't Believe".

YMMV indeed

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2015, 11:20:02 AM »
I know of two people who were told directly by KCI that their Embassy letter verifying their income were a forgery and they were denied an extension.

Which just shows what a bunch of koonts they are!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
I know of two people who were told directly by KCI that their Embassy letter verifying their income were a forgery and they were denied an extension.

Which just shows what a bunch of koonts they are!

Who ? The two that got busted or KCI? :biggrin:

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
"You've got your wires crossed there "gotlost". There is no standard requirement that foreigners get the yellow house book in ANY province.. And NO, the owner of a dwelling who rents to you DOESN'T hafta agree to let you get one. You're quoting a law which doesn't exist.  "

I never said there was. No two amphora in Thailand have the same requirements and the YTB has never been finalized by the  Thai government so there fore you have a major cockup. As for immigration in Isaan you can tell them their full of it. They have the stamp and Bangkok is more than glade to let them call the shoots.

I think you did GL:-

Online gotlost

Gifte​d Poster
    http://buriramexpats.com/
        View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 04:31:46 PM »

Quote from: iammike on Yesterday at 04:27:54 PM

Could someone visiting Kap Choeng do me a Favour ?

When they change immigration officers there, PM me and I will drive again up there and see if anything has changed.

That Yellow Tabien Baan thing is ... as peope who rent a place  are dependent if the house owner is willing to agree.

Wont do you no good as that is a standard requirement throughout Thailand. If you rent the Thai owner has to agree.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
Update, my missus (which is Thai) just called KCI.

They were very abrupt and said don't wanna spend much time on the phone and they again said, Yes the Yellow Baan needs to be presented, our as his words where (which is IMO an impossibility) the Foreigner needs to be enterd in the wife's Tabien Baan so he has his own Tabien Baan (so in other words, need to get a YTB)

YMMV in F..... deed

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
iammike; First off, this ain't a contest, I was tryin' to find out for myself and pass on the information.

Also, I am NOT doubting the information your wife got. I will point this out though; given the outright fear most rank-n-file thaiz have with ANY thai officialdom, perhaps she was not as hard-core or straight forward as I was when I spoke to the guy. I DIDN'T ask him what I should do, nor was I all that polite when we spoke. I was blunt, terse, to the point and I asked IF I did x, y and z could I do 90 day reports at KCI? I find it funny you say they didn't want to spend any time on the phone, because that guy NEVER gave me the impression of anything untoward or rushy, and tried to answer what I was asking.

As I said in the P/M to you, he wanted to make sure I wasn't just visiting my wife's house up there in the middle of nowhere and that I'd indeed moved up there.. That seemed to be the crux of it as far as 90 day reporting at their office

Wont do you no good as that is a standard requirement throughout Thailand. If you rent the Thai owner has to agree.

Sorry, I thought you said that^
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:36:45 AM by Tod Daniels »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2015, 11:40:23 AM »

I think you did GL:-

Online gotlost

Gifte​d Poster
    http://buriramexpats.com/
        View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 04:31:46 PM »

Quote from: iammike on Yesterday at 04:27:54 PM

Could someone visiting Kap Choeng do me a Favour ?

When they change immigration officers there, PM me and I will drive again up there and see if anything has changed.

That Yellow Tabien Baan thing is ... as peope who rent a place  are dependent if the house owner is willing to agree.

Mat not be a law but just about ALL immigration office requires this for verification of a farangs address.
"Wont do you no good as that is a standard requirement throughout Thailand. If you rent the Thai owner has to agree""

So I'll say it again if you have a problem with this take to the top. BTW I have had to do this at other immigration offices.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
I can speak a bit of Thai and yesterday it was absolutely made clear by my missus and definitely understood by the IO that we are building a house in Buriram and we have the Tabien Baan of my missus to prove it (Brand spanking new).

In the whole conversation I wasn't at all feeled welcome there (and we dressed appropriately and we don't look like "what the cat just dragged in") and when I asked my wife when we left the office, she had the same feeling. The only time they smiled was when I showed them, my Bangkok Bank accout Book, my Bangkok Bank Fixed Deposit book, my SCB bank book, my wife's Bangkok Bank book.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
I am thinking of just sod it and just going to do VisaRuns, every 3 months another country to visit and maybe we like it there better then here and move there (but cambodia will not be on the list ;) )
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:50:40 AM by iammike »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2015, 12:03:54 PM »
I am thinking of just sod it and just going to do VisaRuns, every 3 months another country to visit and maybe we like it there better then here and move there (but cambodia will not be on the list ;) )

Mike, I have huge sympathy with your situation.

I do think your last comment is a bit defeatist - understandable frustration but still defeatist.

I would at least want to have a go at beating the b4stards.

YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND YOU SATISFY THE IMMIGRATION RULES.

I think the answer is about HOW you tackle it and GL is right - take it higher, ask to see the top man there. You have nothing to lose because you are getting bugger all and you are already prepared to go the annual visa route.

You always have the option of paying circa 12,000 Baht to acquire an extension!

I already have an extension but no yellow book- if they ever pulled the same stunt with me I would complain to the highest authority available. After that I would use your back up or even consider getting a visa for Cambodia and splitting my time between there and Thailand.

Have you posted your situation on Thai Visa ?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2015, 12:10:55 PM »
Thanks Co-co,

No I haven't posted on TV but I'm in direct Contact with Ubon Joe on this. He already advised me to call 1111. We called and they said they will call back but won't hold my breath.

No ... Way I am going to pay for my extension, if the ... hits the fan and they found out that the extension is "fake" I will be in deep .... and that is one thing I don't want in this Country to happen. Everything I have done here (all extensions etc etc) have all been done the legal way and that is IMO the only way to do it.

Thanks for your kind words

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
I have to agree with Tod, most of our thai spouses shit in their panties when confronted with something "official".
When I got married 7 years ago I made sure to be as well informed as possible and had the help of an american who lives here in Thailand for about 20 years. He came with me and translated my request to the civil servant without my wife to be, being present so that civil servant had to talk to us instead of turning to the missus.
So I asked for the yellow house book and was told "no problem Sir, it will be ready after the signing of the civil marriage papers."
Whenever I go for my retirement extentions I ALWAYS go alone in the office so they have to deal with me.
Never had a problem in 7 years. They did try the loophole with the one thai document in the "bundle" at one time but I had it prepared with the missus the day before, that was the time when the "teamoney pot" was still on the desk.
Never put a dime in it.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM