{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 198563 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
One would think that if your wife fills in the TM30 form and you the TM28 form that Immigration would accept that (?) and then allow you to do your 90 day report.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
One would think that if your wife fills in the TM30 form and you the TM28 form that Immigration would accept that (?) and then allow you to do your 90 day report.

When I went to KCI i came prepared but I must admit we didn't have the TM 30 but as we moved from House to Condo and back again (so learned from previous experience and ThaiVisa (thx UbonJoe) we had the TM 28 with us.

When I showed this to them they immediately gave it back with "Get House Book" comment and just send 90 day slip to Pattaya by Post Office.

Very disappointed in the way they handled things, fortunately I have alternatives but I pity the guys who Don't

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2015, 07:50:24 PM »
Thanks CoCo, but I am not on a purchased Extension, and I doubt it if that is even possible with extensions of stay based on Marriage as that is not decided by the local IO but must be sent to immigration headquarters of the region who will make the decision/approval that is why the approval can take up to one month. And in this case I believe for KCI the headquarters is Korat.

The 90 days that I can't do them there is not a big deal, but that I can't do the extension in KCI in June is. It means for me at this moment in time the following

- need to get a Yellow Book, but if my district refuses I'm fcked ;)
- do a new extension of stay in Pattaya which means I have to stay a long time (3-4 weeks) in Pattaya :(
- Go to Laos and get a multiple Entry Non-O which means I have to leave every 90 days (but how long will this option be around ????)

Sorry Mike, I hadn't read that you were on a marriage extension.

I still don't see the issue - are saying that a yellow book is needed for an extension?........ because frankly I don't believe that.

Later...... spoke to friend who by pure fluke did his marriage extension today. He hasn't got a yellow book.

(The marriage extensions actually go to Bangkok for sign off)

Mike, I don't see that you have a problem. Bowl up to KCI for your next extension and you are sorted.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »
Don't believe me it's up to you,but that is what KCI informed me and my missus when I visited them today, if I don't have a Yellow House Book I can't use that Office.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
Also see the Chatbox

I spoke when I left there with a German Guy who was on the same extension (and picking his new one up) and I asked him if he has a Yellow House Book, he said NO. So IMO ithis requirement is for new people arriving only.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2015, 08:01:01 PM »
Thanks CoCo, but I am not on a purchased Extension, and I doubt it if that is even possible with extensions of stay based on Marriage as that is not decided by the local IO but must be sent to immigration headquarters of the region who will make the decision/approval that is why the approval can take up to one month. And in this case I believe for KCI the headquarters is Korat.

The 90 days that I can't do them there is not a big deal, but that I can't do the extension in KCI in June is. It means for me at this moment in time the following

- do a new extension of stay in Pattaya which means I have to stay a long time (3-4 weeks) in Pattaya :(
- Go to Laos and get a multiple Entry Non-O which means I have to leave every 90 days (but how long will this option be around ????)

I still don't see the issue - are saying that a yellow book is needed for an extension?........ because frankly I don't believe that.

Later...... spoke to friend who by pure fluke did his marriage extension today. He hasn't got a yellow book.

Mike, I don't see that you have a problem. Bowl up to KCI for your next extension and you are sorted.

No they don't CO=Co they only go to Korat for all of Region 4. Normal turn around is 2 weeks.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2015, 08:13:10 PM »

No they don't CO=Co they only go to Korat for all of Region 4. Normal turn around is 2 weeks.

My friend was told Bangkok....... I will put him right.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »

If issued in Pattaya then it's Bangkok, KCI falls under Korat

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »
Also see the Chatbox

I spoke when I left there with a German Guy who was on the same extension (and picking his new one up) and I asked him if he has a Yellow House Book, he said NO. So IMO ithis requirement is for new people arriving only.

I still find that hard to believe.

For my retirement extension I would not be able to provide a yellow book - the amphur in Prakhonchai say you have to marry first and then apply - you MAY be successful.

What is the issue in getting a yellow book where you are Mike ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »

Bar talk again. I just did my 4 th marriage extension at KCI and they only go to Korat.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2015, 08:25:37 PM »
Also see the Chatbox

For my retirement extension I would not be able to provide a yellow book - the amphur in Prakhonchai say you have to marry first and then apply - you MAY be successful.

I have to emphasis that I believe that this issue is because of moving from one province to another one and thus will not affect people who have been dealing with this (KCI) Immigration office for many years.

You can find it hard to believe but it's the truth this is what has been said to me. I will be going tomorrow to the Amphur and ask if I can get one, but not all districts will issue them.

So my (and others who need to apply for one) problem is when the district will not issue, what is next ? As you then CAN'T use your local Immigration office (KCI In this case) for

- 90 days report
- applying extension of stay (stuck doing visa runs the rest of your life (ooh what joy)
- getting a residence certificate (but KCI don't issue them anyway) when you for example need to renew your driving license
Etc
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:29:09 PM by iammike »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
Also see the Chatbox

I have to emphasis that I believe that this issue is because of moving from one province to another one and thus will not affect people who have been dealing with this (KCI) Immigration office for many years.

You can find it hard to believe but it's the truth this is what has been said to me. I will be going tomorrow to the Amphur and ask if I can get one, but not all districts will issue them.

So my (and others who need to apply for one) problem is when the district will not issue, what is next ? As you then CAN'T use your local Immigration office (KCI In this case) for

- 90 days report
- applying extension of stay (stuck doing visa runs the rest of your life (ooh what joy)
- getting a residence certificate (but KCI don't issue them anyway) when you for example need to renew your driving license
Etc

In Buriram the most local cop shops issue the CR 100 to 100 baht.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »

I was already planning on letting my 5 year driving license expire and not renew it as driving is no fun here.

If we only knew if that Multiple Entry Non-O in Laos would be able available for many years to come (which I doubt) so we don't have to deal with IO's anymore ;)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:58 PM »

I was already planning on letting my 5 year driving license expire and not renew it as driving is no fun here.

If we only knew if that Multiple Entry Non-O in Laos would be able available for many years to come (which I doubt) so we don't have to deal with IO's anymore ;)

Its still going strong  but that is a crap shoot. Known of many of punter that are on them

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »

Its still going strong  but that is a crap shoot. Known of many of punter that are on them

The good suffer because of the bad, maybe that is why they saying get a YTB because you need witnesses (Poo Yai Baan etc) and the rest to get one and this is maybe their ultimate solution to get rid of the bad guys ;)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick