{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai taxi driver returns lost cash  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Thai taxi driver returns lost cash
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:25:27 PM »
Thai taxi driver returns lost cash 
Bangkok Post: 8 Dec 2009
GOOD SAMARITAN
Taxi driver returns lost cash

A Bangkok taxi driver has returned cash and valuables worth about 200,000 baht left in his cab by three foreign passengers.
Preeda: ‘Feels good doing a good deed’

Preeda Yunbuaban, 48, picked up Ahmed Abdulmalek, a Bahraini businessman, his wife and one-year-old daughter from Soi Sukhumvit 11 at about 11pm on Sunday to take them to the Patpong area.

Mr Preeda then took another passenger to Suvarnabhumi airport.

As he was about to leave the airport, he spotted a sports bag on the back seat. He thought it belonged to the airport passenger and ran after her, but she said it did not belong to her.

The Chaiyaphum native then searched for clues to the owner. Inside the bag, he found 25,320 baht, US$2,000 and 110 Bahrain dinars in notes, seven credit cards, three passports, a video camera and a digital camera.

"I also found an All Seasons Hotel keycard, so I telephoned the hotel and the staff confirmed that the three were guests," Mr Preeda said.

"I left a message for them and called Sor Wor Por 91 traffic radio to help coordinate the return of their belongings."

The taxi driver yesterday handed over the bag to Mr Abdulmalek at the radio station. Mr Abdulmalek embraced Mr Preeda to express his gratitude and gave the taxi driver 10,000 baht as a gift.

"It feels so good doing a good deed," said the cabbie. "I once lost my wallet years ago and remember well how terrible it was."

www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/28834/taxi-driver-returns-lost-cash

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Thai taxi driver returns lost cash
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »
Wow, would not have thought this of aBangkok taxi driver.  My last experience was we arranged a taxi to pick us up at the Aspen Suites on Soi 2, he called as said his bother would be driving us.  So when we checked out the taxi was waiting.  My GF asked if he was the brother waiting for us, he said yes.  Just before we got to BKK she got a call from the arranged taxi asking where we were.  The driver then admitted it was not him. 

Too bad for the scheduled driver, a hack took his fare.  (but no tip in this case)

confused3

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Thai taxi driver returns lost cash
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
Wow, would not have thought this of aBangkok taxi driver.  My last experience was we arranged a taxi to pick us up at the Aspen Suites on Soi 2, he called as said his bother would be driving us.  So when we checked out the taxi was waiting.  My GF asked if he was the brother waiting for us, he said yes.  Just before we got to BKK she got a call from the arranged taxi asking where we were.  The driver then admitted it was not him. 

Too bad for the scheduled driver, a hack took his fare.  (but no tip in this case)

confused3

Typical thai way of thinking..  confused3
We have the same problem with other car rental operators lying about insurance issues and the foreigners believing them, (if I show you a diamond and some other show you a fake one saying its real and for cheaper price.. which one would you take?)  love4
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:24:57 AM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM