{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Feel like stuffing an eel down your trousers?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Feel like stuffing an eel down your trousers?
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »

Hi Bums

Feel like stuffing an eel down your trousers? If so then the Chumphonburi Eel festival is not to be missed!

18th 19th & 20th December.  A good warm up for Rockies Big Bums do on the 21st.

Chumphonburi, about 50 kms outside Buriram, past the airport, through Satuk,  10 km and you are there! Another speciality is getting hold of an eel and putting it in a bamboo tube. Apparently this is a favorite with the farangs, myself I think i'll stick with putting it in my pant's! confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Feel like stuffing an eel down your trousers?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
Eel Festival

Chumphon Buri district locates on the area called Tungkularonghai (Crying Field), about 91 kilometers away from the city to the north. It is well known for its famous Hom Mali  rice field of Surin. The fertile land and river is suitable to expand the amount of eels that the villagers can catch them to eat and to sell in the amount of no less than 5 tons a year.

After the harvest in November, the eels are big enough to be eaten and people can catch so many of them in this period of time. Therefore the annual eel festival, Jasmine Rice festival and the red-cross festival is organized in the 3rd week of December in front of the District Hall.

http://www.surin.go.th/surin_eng/07festivals.htm

sawadi

Offline Fun Smile

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
Eel Festival

Chumphon Buri district locates on the area called Tungkularonghai (Crying Field), about 91 kilometers away from the city to the north. It is well known for its famous Hom Mali  rice field of Surin. The fertile land and river is suitable to expand the amount of eels that the villagers can catch them to eat and to sell in the amount of no less than 5 tons a year.

After the harvest in November, the eels are big enough to be eaten and people can catch so many of them in this period of time. Therefore the annual eel festival, Jasmine Rice festival and the red-cross festival is organized in the 3rd week of December in front of the District Hall.

http://www.surin.go.th/surin_eng/07festivals.htm

sawadi
:) this is my first time here on Buriramexpats it's look great...I will enjoy it..I am sure...please see more details on the slide show about the Eelfestival on http://mueanfun1.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:25:10 AM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Hi Bums icon_must icon_latest

Well it is that time of year again should you wish to insert an eel in your undies! buttslap

All as per last year other than date ~~~ runs for 3 days starting this Saturday 18th December.

TBWG sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM